IGNORED

David Cotterill

Ecko

Ive just spoken to one of his "close" mates and he told me that he is currently having talks with Blackburn Rovers. This is not a lie, he told me this.

Hopefully he will stay, but he said that Dave is eager to join a Premiership team.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

Ive just spoken to one of his "close" mates and he told me that he is currently having talks with Blackburn Rovers. This is not a lie, he told me this.

Hopefully he will stay, but he said that Dave is eager to join a Premiership team.

rubbish. people always make up a perfect rumour which is believable but not true.

just because of mark hughs doesn't mean it'll happen.

Yes...one more of these rumours. Did you know that I know a friend of a girlfriend of a man who owns this company that supplies these bags to this girl whos married to my 2nd cousin twice removed who said that we are going to sign Ronaldinho and they are never wrong!

But back to the subject...I personally think he will stay despite interest - it'll be next summer we will struggle.

Ahmed Mido or Dave Cotterill, Ahmed Mido or Dave Cotterill, Ahmed Mi....

Plausible but you can't exactly expect Dave to replace Bellamy straight away. Give him a year of being sucesssful in the championship first before the prem rumours start please....

Plausible but you can't exactly expect Dave to replace Bellamy straight away. Give him a year of being sucesssful in the championship first before the prem rumours start please....

Bellamy is at Liverpool

He signed a new contract with us not too long ago?

All that means is we'll get a fee (or compensation - I'm lost of that whole deal to be honest). If this is true and he wants to move on to the Prem then good luck to him. He always worked his socks off for City usually on the wing when I believe he should be used through the middle. If a player wants to go, then he should. Be a real shame but it'll be someone else's opportunity.

Blackburn need more than one striker. Dickov has also left. And i think gallagher is still on loan at stoke. At the moment blackburn have david bentley. So signings up front are likley. mido and the big serb centre forward are the 2 current targets. Cannot see blackburn risking money on an unproven kid. And suspect memories of john steads first full season are still freash in the memorie.

Although a buy and a loan out to a championship club is probable!

if rumour is true

The kid has got a lot of raw talent, but the operative word is raw.

Could well be a world beater in a few years, but, and its a big but, there's no guarantee that he can be that good.

Anyone that saw Andy(rew) Cole play, could see he was absolute top class, and that was when he was 20 years old and he had an obviously great career, but Cotterill has got nowhere near as good as he was in the short time he was with us. IMHO Cole was a far better player than Lita was.

Not to say he cant reach those heights, but he will have to work really hard to achieve that standard.

The kid has got a lot of raw talent, but the operative word is raw.

Could well be a world beater in a few years, but, and its a big but, there's no guarantee that he can be that good.

Anyone that saw Andy(rew) Cole play, could see he was absolute top class, and that was when he was 20 years old and he had an obviously great career, but Cotterill has got nowhere near as good as he was in the short time he was with us. IMHO Cole was a far better player than Lita was.

Not to say he cant reach those heights, but he will have to work really hard to achieve that standard.

cole was 20. cotts is 18. he has more time, and is gaining international experience. somple facts are he is going to leave us.

lita got about 8 more goals than cole did too.

Cole did it for us at a higher level though, as when he was with us we were Division 1 (now Championship) Cole at the time was much better player than Lita and was regular for England u21

As for Cotts, utter rubbish this rumour, we have no need to sell him, he is under contract and therefore stays unless stupid money is offeredm anyone who has listened to the Lansdown Radio Briz interview knows he isn't going for a while yet

I think someone's lying to you. Cotts wants to succeed and he is clever enough to know that right now that means playing first team football, not playing academy football for a Premiership side who won't play him for two years.

:crying: don't knock it, hughes knows a good player, remember the northern ireland manager trying to get tommy doc to move

Yes...one more of these rumours. Did you know that I know a friend of a girlfriend of a man who owns this company that supplies these bags to this girl whos married to my 2nd cousin twice removed who said that we are going to sign Ronaldinho and they are never wrong!

But back to the subject...I personally think he will stay despite interest - it'll be next summer we will struggle.

I said some weeks ago he will be off as the next big money signing mark my words.

I think someone's lying to you. Cotts wants to succeed and he is clever enough to know that right now that means playing first team football, not playing academy football for a Premiership side who won't play him for two years.

thats why he joined us in the 1st place isn't it? so he could get regular football

one season of regular football does not mean he's off

just look at ayinsah!

...not that he got regular football with us

...or played at international level

...or left for a prem club

...ok don't look at ayinsah...unless you want to laugh at him for potentially screwing up his career by leaving us!

hm...sounds a bit dogey to me! I think he'll stay but fair play to you 2 if you are right!

I wouldent want less than 1.5million because of his contract length and his age and his ability. Also hes played fro wales and scored a good amount of goals in his first full season.

i'm intrigued to know.......what is the name of cott's "best mate?" or could you not understand his name because of his welsh acccent?

I do not think Blackburn would gamble on a player such as cotterill because of the lack of strikers they have at the moment they need someone with enough experience to score at least 15+ goals for them as they only have kuqi and bentley now upfront.

COTTERILL IS GOING TO STAY FOR ATLEAST ANOTHER SEASON.......

bentley's a midfielder.

I said some weeks ago he will be off as the next big money signing mark my words.

Yeah, and your predictions are so magical.

thats why he joined us in the 1st place isn't it? so he could get regular football

one season of regular football does not mean he's off

just look at ayinsah!

...not that he got regular football with us

...or played at international level

...or left for a prem club

...ok don't look at ayinsah...unless you want to laugh at him for potentially screwing up his career by leaving us!

He joined us because we were the club that showed an interest from an early age and progressed him through the academy and he recently signed a new 4 year deal because we'd put him in the first team.

Nibor

• Admin

All posts by the user "kit" on this thread have been deleted (at his request) due to them being posted on a shared computer whilst he was on holiday.

If you find your reply has been deleted/altered, it is because it was a reply directly related to the false claims made by the person posting under his username.

Madger.

Dave Cotterill knows that it is far better for him to play CCL1 first team football next season rather than FAPL reserve team football, the following season may be a different matter though.

His family are level-headed, down to earth people who will advise him sensibly and I think he has a good agent (unlike many others who are just interested in their commission).

The one problem there MAY be is if John Tosheep has told DC that his international future is in jeopardy if he doesn't play at a higher level of football.

BCAGFC

Archived