IGNORED

Telewest

Dan C

As Telewest services in the Bristol, Bath and Gloucester areas have buggered up.

Everyone I know around here who have Telewest have had a loss of service.

I was well pissed off, All settled to watch the England Game and then 5 mins before kick off the service cuts out. Ended up missing the first 20 mins whilst finding somewhere to watch the game. :ranting::ranting:

Here is a link to the Telewest service status page.

http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/status/service...9?ticket=348121

Can you not tune your tv in to the ordinary aerial?

I just cant be bothered with the hassle of doing all that, Like would have to move the TV to the Ariel lead then tune it in, So am settling for 2nd best and listening to it online.

liz phoned them up and they said a couple of hours to fix it, and it was all of the south not just the local area!! i feel a compensation phone call they have got to re imburse us after all i HAD to go down the pub

Should give you the pub money at the least.

Can I just add my sky box is working fine..... :dance:

South Bristol seems ok, so it must just be affecting people connected to the Aztec exchange and not Hawkfield.
What I find weird is my misses mother lives two streets away from me and there service is fine.

he internet and Phone service is working fine for me it's just the tv.

What I find weird is my misses mother lives two streets away from me and there service is fine.

he internet and Phone service is working fine for me it's just the tv.

Both aspects of that are quite wierd, my mate has lost internet and tv, but not phone.

Just realised that the UK's biggest web hosting company use only a Telewest line and so there are loads of website (including a few of mine) completely invisible to the world right now. :ranting:

Erm, maybe I'm being daft here, but as i always do when watching BBC/ITV/Channel 4 or 5ive, could you not just turn of the box and watch it through the normal teerestrial analogue signal?

Yeah, that solution's a bit too obvious for our regular posters mate.

My Dad was affected in Briz, only tv not telephone.

Saw on the local news earlier that thousands of customers affected in Bristol, bath, Chelt & Glos, what a day for it to go down! They will loose lots of customers if they don't compensate, which they said they will do on a 'case by case' basis???

Said fault was at 2.30 pm and may take 12 hours to fix.

I live in Brislington & twas fine, no loss of service at all :dunno:

I spoke to my dad today about 10.30 and it still wasn't on.

On the local news it said 2 cables had been deliberately cut, police investigating.

Edit: see Turbo's link for more details.

does anybody know the appropriate place to complain?
Just ring up telewest customer services. And they I guess will deal with it or put you through to where you need to make the complaint.

I am waiting till it's all calmed down before I ring up because I guess the lines would be really busy with so many complaining.

does anybody know the appropriate place to complain?

In the Evil Post they have given out a couple of phone numbers, said people could email to the Telewest website and given out a postal address in Sheffield (?). I've just looked and the details aren't on the online version of the paper and i'm not sure if I can post them or not (don't wanna be banned! :whistle: ).

In the Evil Post they have given out a couple of phone numbers, said people could email to the Telewest website and given out a postal address in Sheffield (?). I've just looked and the details aren't on the online version of the paper and i'm not sure if I can post them or not (don't wanna be banned! :whistle: ).

would you mind Pm'ing them to me?

Thanks

Archived