IGNORED

Development At Rovers

tompo

I don't think we should share with either.

We don't want to help Rovers out for obvious reasons of rivalry, but even more so for commercial reasons because if they had a decent stadium they might start getting ideas above their stadium and trying to run gigs and events that we want at the gate.

We don't want the egg chasers cutting up our lovely pitch.

Anyway, they've got absolutely zero chance of finding £30m in finance, and the local residents will block the idea.

I think it will be a big mistake if they move away whilst the gound is developed. OK it's still a year away but at the moment the club isn't exactly settled with all that's going on in the boardroom. I'm assuming they won't fold before their proposed move.

Fans don't seem to happy, they only have to have another poor season and the club needs all the support they can get. If they move, say only to Bath, they are going to loose what little support they have built up since their return. If they move to Swindon, Cheltenham or even Yeovil they can kiss goodbye to all but a few diehard fans as they will isolate themselves both financially and timewise because of the extra travel.

So at the end of it they may have a lovely developed ground but no customers to use it. Madness.

On second thoughts, let 'em do it! :laugh:

i liked the way the WDP had a quote from someone up at the sags saying that the relocation to AG would be unpopular with their fans!!!!!!! FFS, what about us!!!!! if there is even the slightest suggestion from SL or CS that hosting the sags for 18 month could be a good move then i think we should let our feelings be known in no uncertain terms.

imagine the problems it would cause. they would cause loads of damage to the ground, they would be drinking in our boozers and there would be total chaos at the three lions and other such pubs every time they play at 'home'.

call me old fashioned and maybe i am cutting off my nose to spite my face but surely this has got to be a non-starter. some things are just beyond possible.

I am against brfc coming to Ashton Gate and have posted a comment on the WDP web site. I will also write to SL because the rental income will be tempting for sure.

Consider making your thoughts known - write!!

What I don't understand is, why they are moving for 'redevelopment'?

Surely moving 2 deckchairs to another side of the ground cant be that much trouble?

I suppose if either of their fans kick up a fuss, Dunford can just ban em, like he does with board members.

Twerton Park is a non-starter with Bath City already contracted to a ground share with Team taxpayer. Fine old ground it is, too. Terraces, change ends at half-time, Bovril ... the National Trust should buy it up as a reminder of days gone by.

Anyway, they've got absolutely zero chance of finding £30m in finance, and the local residents will block the idea.

Yes, conveniently my missus lives just around the corner and as planning law is my speciality I shall be making sure a strongly worded letter with valid grounds for complaint will be winging it's way to BCC asap. :devil:

As for them coming to AG for 18 months, no chance. Send them back to Twerton.

Rovers playing at Ashton Gate should be a non-starter, and it would be encouraging if noises to that effect came out of Ashton Gate without delay.

I'm sure the gas would love it though, after all they tried to get their hands on AG in '82. :angry::city:

There is no way i would want a dirty sag sitting in my seat every other week. :speechless3:

Well that wouldn't be very likely anyway. They would only get gates of about 3,000 so its odds-on your seat would remian unsullied :D

I would welcome the rugby club with open arms as this is the sort of multiple use Ashton Gate was intended for e.g sport. No qualms about the pitch either as it is success elsewhere and a few more hours from the ground staff will not break the bank.

I went to Edgely Park (Stockport's ground) for the Sale v Bath game. It was the last Rugby game of the season and the penultimate football game was the day after. The pitch was immaculate, looked like the start of the season so no worries about rugby ruining the pitches these days. Also, by the way, there was NO FAN SEGREGATION, NO TROUBLE and they had girls coming around with TANKS OF BEER on their backs for sale - why can't football be like that?

Could be a great opportunity for us. Charge them extortionate rent.

At the very least, it will bring in some extra cash for us. But with any luck, the combination of the pitiful low crowds they would get and our high rent charges would finish them off for good :devil:

Guest DrFaustus

Imagine Bedminster on a Saturday night after a sag home game at the gate and we had a rubbish away game, it would be carnage.

Yay! Sounds like a plan :D

There is no way i would want a dirty sag sitting in my seat every other week. :speechless3:

No worries. We'll rip them all out for you..we like terracing.

Just reading the comments on WDP story and noticed this................

I think we should go to Ashton. If you're a true Rovers supporter you'll support The Gas anywhere we play. It'll be our chance to play on the same pitch as Barcelona are going to be playing on in a few years time when City get back to their rightful place.

Greg, Horfield

...............Classic.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm just going to say No, I think there on there own here, by this time they should be in the conference, our ground is to good for that! So yes Barcelona in the week, a few days later Forest Green or not, this is our ground! Have they found themselves a home that they've kept for more than a season before?

But with Steve L, sporting the sag flag.. I'm thinking he will like the idea :disapointed2se:

No to the Gas, but the egg chasers no problem, they would bring more money in too. And Wycombes pitch aint too bad what with the egg chasers being there. we have a good ground staff.

As fer the Gas, Forest Green???? fork me they have ambition don't they :blink: ? Maybe Swindle will share wi em- similar gates as well :laugh::laugh: . cant see Yeovil sharing wi them either, or Cheltenham :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope Mr Lansdown is noting all this............

Archived