IGNORED

Cjs

Bow_Legged_Chicken

I have just heard that Bristol City are scrapping the City Junior Strikers (Junior Reds) next season.

When I was younger the CJS was the only way I could get to away games and the trips were always fantastic. Most games involved meeting the opposing teams junior supporters and quite a few times playing football against them. It was always a superb trip and I enjoyed every minute of it as well as being extremely grateful for being able to follow City away. As well as this i met many good friends from this coach.

I personally think its an absolute disgrace to see this going, young supporters were always looked at as fans of the future and I am in total support of encouraging young supporters to follow City not only at Home but away as well. I know of a few youngsters who will now be unable to go to even home games and know of even more youngster who will very much stuggle to go away.

Mr. Sexstone and Mr. Lansdown shame on you for giving this the elbow. This club is being run too much to the advantage of businesses and not enough to the fans. I sincerly hope that this is reviewed and care taken to actually see what this supporters club really means to the younger generation of supporters, because many who I travel to city with today were brough up watching City using the CJS and it could mean many less fans encouraged to grow up with the club.

I was of the udnerstanding that one of the Supporters Trust objectives was to encourage young fans to watch Bristol City live and in person, get passionate about the game rather than jumping on te bandwaggon and supporting Man Utd, Chelski etc team of which they will very rarely get to watch live.

I was looking to assist in the junior side of the supporters trust for this very reason as well as having close contacts to the CJS, however due to other committments Iwas unable to carry this forward.

Hopefully Miles or Marie (Who I understand to be responsible for the youth side?) take this as seriously as I am and urges the club to find a home for the CJS as they are a very important part of the running of Bristol City FC.

Miles or Marie pelase do drop me a PM should you require any further information and/or wish totake this up with the club.

I would also like to urge everyone who has used the CJS to write to the club with their personal experiences and letting them know what a huge role it plays.

I had heard a rumour this may be happening, but wasnt aware it was actually going to happen so this is news to me to. Will speak to Miles and get back to you. I'm not happy about this either.

(I'm not actually responsible for the junior side, but due to my job it is an area I am interested in helping set up etc)

I have just heard that Bristol City are scrapping the City Junior Strikers (Junior Reds) next season.

When I was younger the CJS was the only way I could get to away games and the trips were always fantastic. Most games involved meeting the opposing teams junior supporters and quite a few times playing football against them. It was always a superb trip and I enjoyed every minute of it as well as being extremely grateful for being able to follow City away. As well as this i met many good friends from this coach.

I personally think its an absolute disgrace to see this going, young supporters were always looked at as fans of the future and I am in total support of encouraging young supporters to follow City not only at Home but away as well. I know of a few youngsters who will now be unable to go to even home games and know of even more youngster who will very much stuggle to go away.

Mr. Sexstone and Mr. Lansdown shame on you for giving this the elbow. This club is being run too much to the advantage of businesses and not enough to the fans. I sincerly hope that this is reviewed and care taken to actually see what this supporters club really means to the younger generation of supporters, because many who I travel to city with today were brough up watching City using the CJS and it could mean many less fans encouraged to grow up with the club.

I was of the udnerstanding that one of the Supporters Trust objectives was to encourage young fans to watch Bristol City live and in person, get passionate about the game rather than jumping on te bandwaggon and supporting Man Utd, Chelski etc team of which they will very rarely get to watch live.

I was looking to assist in the junior side of the supporters trust for this very reason as well as having close contacts to the CJS, however due to other committments Iwas unable to carry this forward.

Hopefully Miles or Marie (Who I understand to be responsible for the youth side?) take this as seriously as I am and urges the club to find a home for the CJS as they are a very important part of the running of Bristol City FC.

Miles or Marie pelase do drop me a PM should you require any further information and/or wish totake this up with the club.

I would also like to urge everyone who has used the CJS to write to the club with their personal experiences and letting them know what a huge role it plays.

I have been involved with the running of the city junior strikers for the last ten years and i am reallyappalledat this decision. Not only do i feel sorry for the children for which the cjs was their only way of going to away game but also the older fans who used the juniors room to meet up and have a cup of coffee and a chat. During my years of being involved with the juniors i have met many fans from other clubs and will miss my contact with the children who i have looked after.

Mr.Lansdown and Mr.Sextone i beg you to reconsider this decision. Many of the youner children who can not attend games with their parents will now be unable to attend games and will end up wearing shirts of premiership clubs or supporting the other team in bristol that has a junior club on matchday. All of the committee worked extremely hard on behalf of the Juniors and I would like to thank John and Claire Banks for all their hard work.

Please do your utmost to reinstate this club on a matchday as these children are your fans of the future.

I have been involved with the running of the city junior strikers for the last ten years and i am reallyappalledat this decision. Not only do i feel sorry for the children for which the cjs was their only way of going to away game but also the older fans who used the juniors room to meet up and have a cup of coffee and a chat. During my years of being involved with the juniors i have met many fans from other clubs and will miss my contact with the children who i have looked after.

Mr.Lansdown and Mr.Sextone i beg you to reconsider this decision. Many of the youner children who can not attend games with their parents will now be unable to attend games and will end up wearing shirts of premiership clubs or supporting the other team in bristol that has a junior club on matchday. All of the committee worked extremely hard on behalf of the Juniors and I would like to thank John and Claire Banks for all their hard work.

Please do your utmost to reinstate this club on a matchday as these children are your fans of the future.

KAte I'm really gutted for you guys. You have done so much for the youngsters over the years. I cant believe that the club are closing the cjs down. Something must be done about this :ranting:

Kate. I spent most of my younger years as a city fan travelling up and down the country watching city play with the junior reds and remember you, john, claire and Carly well.

I dearly hope this can be sorted and as I'm now older and wiser (!) i would like to help those children who's familys, like mine at the time, couldnt afford to go to the more distant places like carlisle blackpool rotherham and notts county!

If there is anything i can do, and this goes to everybody associated with the CJS, please Pm me.

Best of luck

Mark

The main reason for its closure from what I hear is they cannot find anywhere to base them. This is utter bollocks as we have space for Prime Time Recruitment (Taking the old CJS room) yet not enough room for our very own supporters, the whole reason this club is run.

As for cost, they are a non profit and they only charge for the coach price. The matches that are run depends on which lcubs agree to do a ticket swop. If both teams agree to exchange 50 tickets each then the trip will be arranged and nothing is charged for the tickets.

I have heard that the club are also not happy about this ticket swop, however that part is purely rumour and not from a relaible source as was the original closure information.

I am not sure how well trips could be run if tickets had to be paid for, however I know when I was younger and used to travel I always tried to urge the CJS to run additional trips and for us to pay an additional price to cover the cost of the ticket.

As Kate knows I am here always if any help is needed and I for one will be writing a letter to the club shortly, as are many of my friends who have travelled on the CJS.

Good luck Kate, John, Claire et all on getting this back up and running we are all behind you!!!

I have been slated before for saying it but I'll sy it again, I gave up going to watch city full time last season for the first time in about 10 years because of the prices they are charging, and the way the traditional football fans are being forgotten about.

I attended about 10 games last season and will probably get to about the same again this year, I have zero confidence in Steve Lansdown making a decision where the fans are put first instead of business clients, he has gambled with the clubs finances in such a way that the club will find it near impossible to find an investor, and who would want to join anyway, when he has filled the boardroom with his own men.

The scrapping of the cjs is just another balls up by him, he really doesn't have the slightest bit of common sense in him, these are fans of the future he is turning away. What idiot would do that?

Do us a favour Lansdown, go ###### up another club!

What a terrible decision.

Changing the name from the junior reds to cjs was bad enough

but to scrap it all together is extremely bad for the club and the young uns.

cjs members are tomorrow's season ticket holders.

As a club we have got to make a profit, but scrapping cjs is like cutting our own throught.

Hi Kate!! Riaz here!!

I think the junior reds/cjs is vital to city for the younger generation. I personally wouldnt have been able to watch city so much when i was growing up, if it wasnt for the junior reds.

They supplied cheap tickets to home and away games to kids, and looked after them!! My parents could barely afford for me to go, let alone take me themselves, especially the price of adult tickets!

CJS will be a BIG loss!!

I cant believe city are getting rid of this part of the club. As a young city fan i had loads of friends in the junior reds and i remember feeling so jealous because they were in this club.

They made loads of new friends and we all eventually used to sit together. 10-14 years on we still go to city and pay full price to watch city and junior reds was the cause of this!

To get rid of this is a awful decision and i hope the club has somthing else planned as another poster said these are the fans of the future and getting them hooked early is essential to a clubs survival. Why do you think Mcdonalds is so child orientated. Its common sense, get a child interested young and you have the chance to have a customer / fan for life.

City you MUST have a young fans club for the young supporters.

I cant believe city are getting rid of this part of the club. As a young city fan i had loads of friends in the junior reds and i remember feeling so jealous because they were in this club.

They made loads of new friends and we all eventually used to sit together. 10-14 years on we still go to city and pay full price to watch city and junior reds was the cause of this!

To get rid of this is a awful decision and i hope the club has somthing else planned as another poster said these are the fans of the future and getting them hooked early is essential to a clubs survival. Why do you think Mcdonalds is so child orientated. Its common sense, get a child interested young and you have the chance to have a customer / fan for life.

City you MUST have a young fans club for the young supporters.

They are having a young fan club but its being relaunched. See the main site.

This thread shows why the forum can sometimes be a dour and negative place.Fans complaining and slagging of the club without knowing whats going on.

News to me and at least that is good to see. I got my information from a close link however it still doesn't look as if they got a home for the CJS.

It also doesn't look as if they will be offering the same away travel service as they previously did and from the looks of it the facility where the CJS look after the youngsters at hoem matches too, when the parents can't afford to go as well.

As for the home side of things I am going to speak to Kate and urge her to get hold of the parents and let them know that she has help should they wish their kids to go.

I know of many people who grew up watching home matches with CJS and heard of many more stories, as for away games they are close to me myself because it was them who enabled me to go to many away matches in one season. No longer is this avaliable. Hopefully the club will review thiss ituation and I'm sure John, Claire and kate will be having metting with Lansdown to sort this out.

Having priority tickets and a silly little card is all good and yes it makes you feel part of a club when your a youngster, however, it can never replace a dedicated room to meet other youngsters and dedicated travel service to enable you to go to away matches and meet so many new friends and fellow Bristol City supporters.

It’s not CJS though is it Robbored? Why would the club want to change something which is already so popular with so many and always has been? 'Redz' sounds pathetic and is a name obviously trying to engage to the younger fan who can't spell and use the language used in text too much.

The official site still dosn't mention CJS Away Trips which are the main focal and driving point of the group and it is that which has aggravated me. These trips are a way for youngsters to support their club up and down the country and for a very reasonable price, whilst having a fantastic day, meeting top people of a similar age and giving those who don't have support from their parents these opportunities.

Why the club wouldn't give these trips their support I have no idea. All they have to do is agree to swap 50 tickets for an Ashton Gate fixture for one at the opposing ground. Therefore this lowers the price as the youngsters only have to pay for the coach ticket. Only positives can be taken from CJS Trips running.

I'd like to highlight what Tommy has already stated and urge everyone who has used the CJS to write to the club with their personal experiences; letting them know what a huge role it plays.

C-C-CJS…

I've made assumptions from what I've been told. That being from a reliable source who says the club at the moment is very against the idea of CJS Away Trips and ticket swaps next season. There is a meeting taking place soon to discuss the possibilities with the club.

I would also like to point out that you can only discuss on the pointt hat have been made valiable to you. On the above mentioned news thread on the mian site there is no news about away trips therefore we can only assume that there will be none. there is no information as to where the new CJS room will be, soi can only assume there will not be one. There is no information as to who to contact should any parents wish for their kids to go to City home matches but they cannot afford to go. So I can only assume this is not avaliable.

The away matches in particular take a lot of planning and phoning around discussing ticket swops and arranging the trips to there as well as providing for the away team and showing them good hospitality when they come here.

If we were to wait until the season started and then say oh there isn't a CJS it would be far too late to act upon it. Thats why action needs to be taken A.S.A.P to ensure all these previously avaliable facilities are still going to be avaliable this season and for many seasons to come.

The CJS have played a pivotal role in my Bristol City upbringing as they have for many other Bristol City regulars. It would be a crying shame to see them slowing dwindle away and for the next generation of youngsters not to have this very important service.

This thread shows why the forum can sometimes be a dour and negative place.Fans complaining and slagging of the club without knowing whats going on.

Who is to say this post isnt the reasn why city have created this new club? :whistle:

This new club, in all honesty sounds a bit cr@ppy! :blink:

How do we make this new club sound cool and popular to attract young members and convince parents to sign them up?

Let's spell REDZ with a Z.

Hats off to the marketing genius at the gate who cae up with that one...

How do we make this new club sound cool and popular to attract young members and convince parents to sign them up?

Let's spell REDZ with a Z.

Hats off to the marketing genius at the gate who cae up with that one...

and BRISTOLyourCITY

and BRISTOLyourCITY

which no doubt the filthys will change to BRISTOLyourSH*TY

Until the club start involving those who matter most in a true consultation on important matters i will slag away. Involve the fans in the running of the club and City would reap the benefits financially like Chesterfield and Lincoln have.City treatment of it's fanbase is abysmal, supporters are not the enemy.

Archived