IGNORED

Becks Quits Captaincy

Fodbarmyarmy

John Terry no question.

Although i'd actually give it to Garry Neville who's probably the biggest leader on the pitch. Terry isn't as vocal for England as he is for Chelsea IMO. Instead of crying on the ground ala Terry, Neville made a point of congratulating the Portuguese.

True Captain's spirit and the person who most represents what i want from a captain. Triumphant in victory, brave in defeat.

Neville would be my choice if he was younger, however keeping in mind this captain should lead us into the 2010 world cup it should be Terry, he is hopefully going to keep up his performances for Chelsea and continue to be a leader on the field.

i'd actually give it to Steven Gerrard. European Cup Winner, FA Cup winner twice. is because of him liverpool turned from a dull premiership side into a team of winners. And in interviews, he says it as it is and is very honest, down to earth and commited bloke.

John Terry is playing for a team full of world class players so it's much easier for him. though i won't be dissapointed if he was captain next.

Both two are good leaders and it will either be one of them two

i'd actually give it to Steven Gerrard. European Cup Winner, FA Cup winner twice. is because of him liverpool turned from a dull premiership side into a team of winners. And in interviews, he says it as it is and is very honest, down to earth and commited bloke.

Even more reason to give it to Neville then who's won more than Gerrard and Terry put together.

Guest kop38robin

no way terry!!!!!!! u never see him playing his best or even opening his mouth in an england shirt.

has to be gerrard hands down.

You are all assuming that these players will still be involved with the england team, the way they have played during the world cup there aren't that many that deserve to play for England.

You want someone who is going to give their all on the pitch with some fire in thier belly.

Apart from Rooney and Hargreaves I can't think of anyone at the moment that matches that criteria.

:englandsmile4wf:

Based on yesterdays brilliant 'follow me,lads' performance, the new Captain should be Owen Hargreaves.

IF Owen puts in performances like that all the time, then I agree. But, Gerrard is a excellent cappin too!

I would have included Stevie G in there, however until he performs for England like he does for Liverpool week in week out i don't think he deserves to be considered.

Maybe if he was played in the floating right wing for England that he does for Liverpool, he might get a chance to shine :dunno:

Good to see Hargreeves has gone from the English scapegoat to potential England Captain :rofl2br:

Maybe if he was played in the floating right wing for England that he does for Liverpool, he might get a chance to shine :dunno:

Couldn't do that as golden balls was first name on the team sheet at right wing and as Sven would never drop him, our tactics were being dictated by the need to have one man playing come what may. I am still certain that this rigidity had a lot to do with the stifling way we played througout the tournament.

On that theme, I was interested to read in this mornings paper (whether you want to believe what you read in the papers) that there was a degree of unrest among players at soem of the selections during the world cup, but that the players concerned kept quiet for fear of jeopordising their own places. What selections might this relate to - Beckham, formation change, Rooney alone upfront, holding midfielder? What do you think?

Good to see Hargreeves has gone from the English scapegoat to potential England Captain :rofl2br:

Archived