IGNORED

Best And Worst Accent

reliant_robin

Worse: Warrington... not quite scouse, not quite mancunian.

Next worse: Chatham. Spoken by the tattooed ladies of the Thames estuary!

Best: Hmmmmm................ maybe Bristol, cos when I hear it it makes me feel as though I'm "home" :farmer:

Have to say I don't like Scouse womens accents but I love scouse mens accents.

My favourite of all though has to be Irish accents, I could listen to them all day, I used to get my irish friend at school to say "Thirteen, and three" and all those other things that Irish people say that sound Yummy!

Guest DrFaustus

Best, definately Scottish, male not female!

Ya right hun? :D

Best? Northern Spanish for a woman, for sure. Closely followed by Western Ireland and Highland Scots.

Worst? Brum, Cockney, Newport and Bridgwater.

Ya right hun? :D

Best? Northern Spanish for a woman, for sure. Closely followed by Western Ireland and Highland Scots.

Worst? Brum, Cockney, Newport and Bridgwater.

Being a sewer-dwelling Gas-head, I'd imagine you've got more of a neanderthal grunt than an accent?

Guest DrFaustus

Being a sewer-dwelling Gas-head, I'd imagine you've got more of a neanderthal grunt than an accent?

We've moved on us pikeys. We now have a swagger and attitude which is borne by years of looking up to the big team in Bristol, hence we now talk in deferrential hushed tones of awe and respect.

Occasionally, we make sense.

We've moved on us pikeys. We now have a swagger and attitude which is borne by years of looking up to the big team in Bristol, hence we now talk in deferrential hushed tones of awe and respect.

Occasionally, we make sense.

Ahhh...good to see that whilst your team deteriates the fans are showing signs of progress.

As for making sense, anyone who drinks in the Three Lions will know that us s##theads struggle with that n all!

My favourite of all though has to be Irish accents, I could listen to them all day, I used to get my irish friend at school to say "Thirteen, and three" and all those other things that Irish people say that sound Yummy!

I forgot about the Irish accent and my Dad is Irish! We used to try to 'Bristolian' him as a kid but his accent was too strong. We had a sentence we would try to get him to say, can't remember it all now but it was something about thirteen thiefs went picking thistles in a thunderstorm!

I didn't realise until after we had given our son his name when he was born that my Dad couldn't say it, Matthew is pronounced as 'Matt-Chew'! :blink:

Scouse & Scotish............ unless you are a bird in which case it would be acceptable

Scotish?

If you meant Scottish, that is like saying English. My folks are from North East Scotland. That is an inpenetrable accent, totally different from Glaswegian, Edinburgh or Highland. Just as Cockney is totally different to Briz/Scouse/Black Country.

I work in the Black Country, and actually like the accent, even though it is hard on the ears!

I find Brummie to be the Country's ugly accent. Ollllwoight mait, erppp ther Villllaaaaa!

I'm liking Irish (couldn't tell you which region) and on a bird dare I say it.......Welsh :blush: (again, couldn't distinguish between the regions.)

I actually quite like scouse, can't say I'm that smitten with Bristolian (apparently it makes us sound thick - a very lazy accen'), although I'm told I have more of a West Country twang so thats all good :D .

Cant STAND whiney Mank accents, or the equally dismal Brummie ones either, and bloody Cockernee ones (Pyssed off wi em round this neck of the woods!! :ranting: )

I gotta say a real thick Briz accent sure as hell makes y'all sound thick (Sorry!) but a softer one does sound pretty cool...definitely an asset, specially on the good lookin women down there, and plenty of them there are. :laugh:

Us Affs have cool aacents (But then I'm biased :laugh: )

Tirteen and tree :wub:

Internationally, Jamaican patois is far and away the best, but French girls get me going with their ooh lala :)

Patois (from wikipeadophile):

Examples

* That man was swimming

o the man de did a swim.

* Three men swam.

o Tree man did a swim.

* I do not like what you are saying about your girlfriend.

o Mi nuh like wah yu a seh bout yu gyal.

* I did not say anything about you.

o Mi neva seh nuttn bout yu.

* The children are making too much noise.

o Di pickney, dem a mek too much nize.

Internationally, Jamaican patois is far and away the best, but French girls get me going with their ooh lala :)

Patois (from wikipeadophile):

Examples

* That man was swimming

o the man de did a swim.

* Three men swam.

o Tree man did a swim.

* I do not like what you are saying about your girlfriend.

o Mi nuh like wah yu a seh bout yu gyal.

* I did not say anything about you.

o Mi neva seh nuttn bout yu.

* The children are making too much noise.

o Di pickney, dem a mek too much nize.

Try saying ''bacon'' in a Jamaican accent without actually saying ''beer can''.

Cant STAND whiney Mank accents, or the equally dismal Brummie ones either, and bloody Cockernee ones (Pyssed off wi em round this neck of the woods!! :ranting: )

I gotta say a real thick Briz accent sure as hell makes y'all sound thick (Sorry!) but a softer one does sound pretty cool...definitely an asset, specially on the good lookin women down there, and plenty of them there are. :laugh:

Us Affs have cool aacents (But then I'm biased :laugh: )

woop! my favourite is always going to be the South African accent :)

Cant STAND whiney Mank accents, or the equally dismal Brummie ones either, and bloody Cockernee ones (Pyssed off wi em round

a lot of manc accents you hear on Tv are actually fake, some people who live in the north edge of manchester have a lancashire type accent and some of them also attempt to fake bits of the mancunian accent depending on who they are talking to or where they are. its not that bad in reality, although having said that i cant understand some people with a salfordian accent.

Birmingham and the black country are pretty bad accents as is the comical english spoken by the south welsh.

The best is somerset i think.

Guest DrFaustus

My mate is from Barcelona and has a lovely accent. It sounds even hornier now she's got bronchial pneumonia, the poor paella. :wub:

Archived