IGNORED

Best And Worst Accent

reliant_robin

The Wolverhampton twang of a Brummie accent is horrid. Because it mixes the Brummie accent with Dudley's and it really is wrong.

Was recently staying in Brean and heard a couple of drunk Brummies f-in' and blindin' their way past my caravan. Attractive it wasn't - on so many levels.

Guest DrFaustus

Id rather be a turnip than a swede!!!

At least I'm a carrot cruncher and happy :D

I prefer munching tapas than crunching carrots.

Wtf this has to do with accents is beyond me :rolleyes:

Was recently staying in Brean and heard a couple of drunk Brummies f-in' and blindin' their way past my caravan. Attractive it wasn't - on so many levels.

Do you know there are more Brummies in Brean, Burnham & Weston than there is in Birmingham? Fact. I can hear them moaning from Briz

Scotish?

If you meant Scottish, that is like saying English. My folks are from North East Scotland. That is an inpenetrable accent, totally different from Glaswegian, Edinburgh or Highland. Just as Cockney is totally different to Briz/Scouse/Black Country.

I work in the Black Country, and actually like the accent, even though it is hard on the ears!

I know I know typo........... but are you a bird :) ?

Best accents: Bristolian & North Somerset. :farmer:

Worst accents: the Queen's - her accent makes me cringe as it's so snobby. Prince Charles 'Yah, Yah, Yah' Charles is a fox hunting prat.

You should have heard my old headmistress.. "Hwat we shall be doing today..hwill be.. this"

I distinctly remember sitting through a very sombre assembly about the hwale which got lost in the thames and trying not laugh the whole way through...

Worst: Stoke. A cross between Scouse & Brummie, which are pretty foul by themeselves. Put them together and you have an accent which could peel paint off walls.

Spot on there lived in Stoke for three years. Ugh what a hole.

Internationally, Jamaican patois is far and away the best, but French girls get me going with their ooh lala :)

The french accent is damn horny!

a lot of manc accents you hear on Tv are actually fake, some people who live in the north edge of manchester have a lancashire type accent and some of them also attempt to fake bits of the mancunian accent depending on who they are talking to or where they are. its not that bad in reality, although having said that i cant understand some people with a salfordian accent.

Birmingham and the black country are pretty bad accents as is the comical english spoken by the south welsh.

The best is somerset i think.

Yeh in town especially they seem to put on a lot of accent needlessly. Salford however, is just scum, and vile to listen to, easily the worst accent in the UK.

Accents that get to me are... Cockerrrney, Bristolian (I'm sorry but you're wrong it's a funking horrible accent) and "off the boat" Indian - mainly because of all the over seas call centres where you get that accent and cant understand a word.

Gooduns are Welsh, French and just normal. Get me?

Archived