IGNORED

Stupid Words

robins72

Ok boys and girls what silly words do you use at work/home/play that really get addictive and people keep on saying???

At work theres a girl who keeps saying nightmare all the time and chump :D

What words do you use??

and everything.....

I have insults which range from month to month.. a few weeks ago I was calling everyone 'gayface' or 'divvy.. now it's 'spaz' or 'spacker' hehe.

I also have a habit of saying "cool beans" or "awesome" when I'm happy about something :blink:

...and all that.

I keep saying "oh thats bad" when infact I'm meaning it in a good way if that makes any sense!! :blink:

"Innit" is another annoying but addictive phrase of mine :ranting:

The other wouldnt get through the world filter :D

My most overused phrase on msn and texting is "haha"!!

Suprisinging how habits can rub off so easily onto people!! :rolleyes:

Spangled, as in - how you doin mate? I'm farkin spangled.

Umm... They all run into one, I can't quite remember which are stupid and which are normal - badgerhead means any random object, squiggle is a squiggle, Bez as in bez it up umm.... Sanctimonious, just cos it's a cool word, a high pitched bleh when it's someone you can't really be arsed saying hello to... :dunno:

Does anyone find that you are totally oblivious to peoples mannerisms until they are pointed out to you and then it's all hell let looses and they do it or say in every thing they do or any conversation.

I once pointed out to a housemate at uni how noiseily someone else ate. From that day on every time this guy sat down for his grub we both had to leave the room.

One guy at work can't stop saying "to be fair" (not in the irish way but in a posh english way) and manages to fit multiple fairmisms into each sentance.

I hear myself saying "actually" quite a lot and it does my nut in. It's such a pompous word!!

One guy at work can't stop saying "to be fair" (not in the irish way but in a posh english way) and manages to fit multiple fairmisms into each sentance.

I hear myself saying "actually" quite a lot and it does my nut in. It's such a pompous word!!

Actually, to be fair, I don't think it is a pompous word.

Sophs I will give you a piece of friendly advice, please try to avoid using spaz or spacker, its very derogatory to real disabled people (because thats what it means) as I know from my job. :)

Sorry Dolls, point taken. Although you understand I wouldn't ever mean it to be taken that way, just as I wouldn't mean calling someone a gayface to be taken as offensive to homosexuals :dunno: I think cause you work with a disabled boy maybe it strikes you as being out of order more than it would with other people. Sorry you took it that way :hug:

When I hear "wicked", I subconsciously reach for an automatic firearm.

I love that word & use it far too much.

I've always been a fan of the term 'Gopping Munter'. It's no very nice to use as a description but I just like the way it sounds! :me?:

A couple of friends have taken to saying yo! at the end of every sentance yo. It's so irritating yo. I'm not really speaking to them much at the moment yo. It's quite catchy though yo.

When I hear "wicked", I subconsciously reach for an automatic firearm. I goddam hate it, along with all the other bling semi-patois. Maybe I is getting old innit, ya kna what I mean?

I can't stop saying "wicked". I've been saying it for about 15 years and can't seem to stop. However, when I hear it being said on TV it makes I cringe good 'n' proper.

At the moment I hate "Do ya get me?"

No offence taken, was just merely pointing out that other people might not like it either, and yes I am bound to take it a bit personally, but don't worry, just wanted to point it out.

I agree that some words should be stamped out, not that Soph means any personal offence it still is personal to many people, alot of TV Presenters throw around the word "Mental!" and my dad suffers from depression which is classed as "Mental Health" not forgetting the many "Mentally Ill" people around the world who cannot help it, so my dad finds it pretty offensive.

Watch out for the drempels.

Means nothing until you go to Holland and see road signs saying "Oop de drempels" or translated "Beware - speed bumps".

Another Dutch road sign says "Oop de wild roosters". For years we were looking out for crazed cockerels until we found out that a wild rooster is Dutch for a cattle grid.

''it's terrible innit'' has become a regular vocab feature.

''sweet''

''safe''

''seen'' - meaning I see now. ''ah, suddenly I see'' is another.

''nice'' and ''nice one'' and ''nice one bruvver, I said nice one bruvver, bruv - nice'' - from Moff in Human Traffic.

''yeah right'' - just meaning, ah right, I see.

Got into the Bristolian way of calling people ''our'' such as ''our Sue'' and ''our Zo'' etc.

A common question of mine is ''was he lovin' it?'' as in ''I saw so and so earlier,'' Me - ''yeah, was he lovin' it?''

Many of these are workisms. It is funny uncanny how people adopt each others terms and that. Notice it at work often and I see it happening on this forum. My attention is commonly and naturally drawn when I see people asking wtfigo?

WTF was adopted from this crazy ( :rolleyes: I hope nobody's taken offence to my use of the word ''crazy'' as I'm sure there are some crazy people out there) lecturer of mine, who'd recite some odd ball story of his and often finish with the line ''I mean everyone was left there just thinking wtf'' :blink: .

Darrrk is another cool word.

When I'm wasted I found myself shouting (in a broad brizzol accent) "#### my tight ####." But it doesnt actually mean anything

I call people blud, but its in jest, not cee-ree-i.

And I also call people the c word, as a form of affection :D

Guest DrFaustus

Ok boys and girls what silly words do you use at work/home/play that really get addictive and people keep on saying???

At work theres a girl who keeps saying nightmare all the time and chump :D

What words do you use??

and everything.....

And everything

Guest DrFaustus

Ive got a mate that constantly ends every conversation with 'you do the math'.

I keep telling him that I'm pretty thick, and mathmatics wasnt a very strong subject, but he still keeps saying it. :whistle:

Is he a Yank? If not, shoot him for bastardising the English language with such colonial twaddle.

Ive got a mate that constantly ends every conversation with 'you do the math'.

I keep telling him that I'm pretty thick, and mathmatics wasnt a very strong subject, but he still keeps saying it. :whistle:

Oooghh, that is ugly.

I just hate "at the end of the day" really.

Archived