IGNORED

A Different Perspective

Robbored

Wilson comes out after nearly every game and gives his opinion how things had gone.

So far he has said things like :Costumed19: "the other team defended well"

"it takes time for new players to gel"

"todays performance was unacceptable"

"give credit to the other team"

" 3-0 flattered the opposition,we played well"

" we worked hard but didn`t get the breaks"

"we have to start turning draws into wins."

"we'll thrash some-one soon"

All very reasonable points imho.

But how do the fans see it?

Comments like "No spark" "No enthusisiasm" "wrong team selection", wrong tactics" "no creativety"

and..."dire performance" "City were rubbish" "disinterested players" and my favourite "Wilson out" :how funny:

Bear in mind that Wilson is a profesional manager,has played International football and is very experienced within the game and we fans are amatuers as far as football is concerned - whose is the more qualified opinion? :Confused13:

To be honest, I have to say that most of the time you cant blame Wilson... He kept playing Joe Burnell when all the fans were crying out for him to drop him. Eventually, he drops Burnell - did this help? No, not really.

The fans were crying out for him to bring back Amankwah from Chelenham and put him back in the team. He did. Did it help? No.

The fans were calling for a change up front. Drop Miller, play Roberts. He did. Did it work? No.

Fans called for a switch in formation. He changed it. Has it worked? No.

Just goes to show, the fans are not always right. What else do you want Wilson to do?!? There is only a limit to how many things he can do with budgets etc... Let give him a break and place some blame on players not wanting to win enough. Because thats all it is! (Apart from Tins, Burnell and Lita - Ive not seen any passion from the players)

Guest Bootylicious
To be honest, I have to say that most of the time you cant blame Wilson... He kept playing Joe Burnell when all the fans were crying out for him to drop him. Eventually, he drops Burnell - did this help? No, not really.

The fans were crying out for him to bring back Amankwah from Chelenham and put him back in the team. He did. Did it help? No.

The fans were calling for a change up front. Drop Miller, play Roberts. He did. Did it work? No.

Fans called for a switch in formation. He changed it. Has it worked? No.

Just goes to show, the fans are not always right. What else do you want Wilson to do?!? There is only a limit to how many things he can do with budgets etc... Let give him a break and place some blame on players not wanting to win enough. Because thats all it is! (Apart from Tins, Burnell and Lita - Ive not seen any passion from the players)

Then that suggests to me that Wilson has taken us as far as he can.

Especially if the players aren't playing for him anymore.

In response to elfmud.

But Burnell has come back a better player since being dropped. In my opinion certain players think that they should be picked every game which has led to complaciency. (Spell check someone).

We have a big squad so lets use it and swap out a few players to make them fight harder for their places.

Hopefully the Doc will come back more ready for the long hard fight. He was poor at Wycombe before being sent off. Could be the Samson affect ie. getting his hair cut short.

Anyway start with dropping Butler I say.

To be fair Wilson is in a no win situation.

The last few games he has picked the team that a lot of people on the forum have selected. That team has also played 3-5-2, again advocated by a lot of people on the forum.

Amankwaah, who a lot of people have thought as going to be our saviour and Lita have been given decent run outs, neither of whom have set the world alight. Again options suggested by a lot of forum users.

Roberts has played out wide and Wilkshire has played central midfield, again suggested by the fans.

Perhaps we should sack the fans.

Archived