IGNORED

The New Black 3rd Kit

Ian M

When I asked earlier if that was the new 3rd kit the answer I got was "It's the limited edition kit".

That would suggest to me that they don't plan to produce more than 250.

Maybe if initial demand is high they will commision a further set?

If that's the case it ranks up there in the stakes for "most stupid commercial decision", right next to trying to give us that piece of crap kit last season and change to a fisher price badge.

I think they'll sell out on day one and find that sales of the other shirts are damaged as people wait to see if they get more of the black ones in.

• Admin

If that's the case it ranks up there in the stakes for "most stupid commercial decision", right next to trying to give us that piece of crap kit last season and change to a fisher price badge.

I think they'll sell out on day one and find that sales of the other shirts are damaged as people wait to see if they get more of the black ones in.

The other argument being that a lot of people buy just the one shirt and having the 3rd kit readily available might hurt sales of the 1st & 2nd kits and leave us with a stockpile of unsold shirts at the end of the season.

Anyway, the moment they go on pre-order I think I'll go for all 250 and then stick them on ebay at a starting price of £50 :devil:

Guest Eamer

Looks good but wondering why Weale is wearing it when he'll never get to being a Goalkeeper and all...

Also wondering about what a Red shirt would have looked like it it had the same design as the white and black ones... Both seem to have the opposite colour down the side and a bit on the shoulder. Red one could've looked nice.

Probably the only person around to do the "photocall" what with the team preparing for the Forest Green fixture

My Thoughts exactly. Most likely everyone was preparing for the game at the training ground but he was at AG receiving treatment for his injury.

Am I going to get mugged if I'm sporting my black shirt at a home game?!

Not if it's the XL one you mentioned, we're all too frightened!

Seriously, I hope there will be more shirts available, and kids sizes too.

The shirt with all the past players names was Limited Edition aswell wasn't it? Was that because so many of them had a certificate or something with it? For a 'limited edition' item there were loads in the sale at the end of the season!

Guest Eamer

at least I know I won't be geting mugged either then. I went for XXL the last City shirt I had and that was when I was 16.

Seriously, I hope there will be more shirts available, and kids sizes too.

The shirt with all the past players names was Limited Edition aswell wasn't it? Was that because so many of them had a certificate or something with it? For a 'limited edition' item there were loads in the sale at the end of the season!

Its all muscle.... :blush:

Makes you wonder why we weren't offered that option in Red, and as someone else has mentioned the club are doing themselves out of some serious cash if they only get 250 of these.

Here's the original link to the "Vote for your favourite", seems like A and C are the same thing now.

oops, forgot to add link

shirt link

I thought the last black away shirt we had was the best, but that this is a beauty.

I thought that the last Black shirt we had cost us a lot of points when the players wore it!!.

Didn't DW say that it was hard for the players to see each other, especially during night games!!.

What with again being second favorites with the Bookies for Promotion, and this Black shirt, ( i admit that it is smart thou), here's to another disappointing season!!.

:blink::(:dunno:

called in the shop this morning to buy match tickets and enquired about the black kit, was told there is no pre order just first come first served when they put the day of release on the website. looks like long queues and only so many in each size should be a laugh.

I thought that the last Black shirt we had cost us a lot of points when the players wore it!!.

Didn't DW say that it was hard for the players to see each other, especially during night games!!.

What with again being second favorites with the Bookies for Promotion, and this Black shirt, ( i admit that it is smart thou), here's to another disappointing season!!.

:blink::(:dunno:

How often are they going to wear it though as it's the 3rd kit, it's only when we can't wear all red or all white. I'm not very familiar with the other team's new kits in our division, are there many matches when red or white can't be worn?

I think it will be similar to the Gas pink kit last season, although their's was for a very worthy charity. It wasn't actually worn for a match was it and I thought it had to be an 'official' kit?

Archived