IGNORED

John Ruddy

mcbcfc

A mate of mine who's at uni in liverpool said there's a rumour goin round that young everton keeper John Ruddy will be signing on loan till January.

A decent signing, he has some league expirence and England under 19 caps

GJ said he had players in mind to bring in till November and with our links with Moyes could be true :dunno:

I don't see why Ruddy would come to sit on the bench here when he's already got experiance.

I suppose it'd be better than not sitting on the bench at Everton but i'd thought he'd want match experiance.

If It was Ruddy he would not just sit on the bench. He would provide serious competition for Basso.

That's what GJ will say too, to us and to him while reassuring AB that his plaace is no way under threat until Weale gets fit.

I can't see any loan keeper coming in and displacing a contracted one, it rarely ever happens.

That's what GJ will say too, to us and to him while reassuring AB that his plaace is no way under threat until Weale gets fit.

I can't see any loan keeper coming in and displacing a contracted one, it rarely ever happens.

nonsense, the better player should always be selected, this isn't the school playground.

And IF GJ or any manager ever told a player that his place wasn't under threat then he would never make a decent manager.

nonsense, the better player should always be selected, this isn't the school playground.

And IF GJ or any manager ever told a player that his place wasn't under threat then he would never make a decent manager.

It is nonsense but that's the way it works. The better player should always be selected but when have any of the myriad of loan keepers come in and actually displaced Phillips or whoever?

We've had Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster here and neither despite having more pedigree and better futures in the game have got in the team.

It's not worth upsetting a contracted Goalkeeper by putting a loanee ahead of them. It just doesn't happen much. Unless it's for a year or something like that.

Ruddy is quality. I've seen him play for his old club Cambridge. I was going to suggest we signed him a couple of weeks ago, but thought he wouldn't want to drop down to our division.

Hes 6ft 4 and David Moyes reckons he's a future England keeper.

• Admin

City have had a loan keeper between the sticks, it was during the mid 90's and his name escapes me. City didn't sign him due to the fee involved and he now plays in Scotland.

He wasn't English if that helps jog any memories regarding his name

Sieb Dykstra

• SC&T Board Members

Ruddy coming sounds like a good shout judging from GJ's latest comments on the main site:

"I think we'll be taking the option of a keeper from a big club with English experience. It'll be a loan up until around Christmas time, then the keeper can go back to his Premiership club and Chris Weale should be fit to challenge Adriano Basso."

Seems to tie in exactly with the original post on this thread.

It is nonsense but that's the way it works. The better player should always be selected but when have any of the myriad of loan keepers come in and actually displaced Phillips or whoever?

We've had Boaz Myhill and Ben Foster here and neither despite having more pedigree and better futures in the game have got in the team.

It's not worth upsetting a contracted Goalkeeper by putting a loanee ahead of them. It just doesn't happen much. Unless it's for a year or something like that.

Thats because we have had managers such as "best mates Wilson" who never dropped players such as Philips or Peacock no matter what they did.

Johnson should have competition all over the park, and if Basso makes a mistake he should expect to find himself on the bench.

Just speaking to my mate whose a Evertonian and i brought the conversation up about Ruddy and he stated

"He's good, played once in the first team like, made a few good saves. Was rated really highly when he signed last year from Cambridge. Big lad, shouts alot."But he hasnt heard anything about this.

Sounds promising, expecially after Johnsons quote about a Keeper from the Premiership!

Would love to see him here next season....

TomBC#### :englandsmile4wf:

Archived