IGNORED

Pro 5

Harvey_BCFC

Anyone play this? We are going to put a team in this season now that a few of us can drive.

Which place is best to play at? My cousin plays at Filton and he says that it is crap because it is just all of the local pikey chavs trying to play football. But then again I have been to Brislington and it is full of pikey chavs who try to play football.

Can anybody shed any light on which is the best place to play?

Personally Brislington, because they've been going longer and the pitches aren't rounded on the corners (well they have no corners but you get the picture).

Saying that though I've only ever been to Filton just after they opened, and before they started the leagues up. The facilities are a lot nicer (toilets, bar, reception etc) but then again it's brand new so what do you expect.

I've been playing in Brislington for quite a while now, the team is T'Watford (based on the fact that we were able to get brand new Watford shirts very cheap).

Guest Eamer

I played at Filton for a while but no longer have enough players to continue with my old team and it's good down there and worth checking out. Rounded corner pitches are easier to play. The pitches are nice as are the other facilities. Annoying when you have early matches and have Filton College Drama students singing from upstairs though. Just go up and smack one. Not too many pikeys depends what league and division really.

Guest PaulTrollopesBlueArmy

I play up Filton on mondays Div 2 for Filton Vetrans even though I'm only 18 :laugh:, anyone else play in that Divison?

I work at Pro5 filton, so i will say that, Filton is the best one.

Ask me if you have any questions about it!

Also if you need a kit for your team go to http://www.footygear.com

Tell us exactly what you want will give you a great price for it!!

Thanks alot for that mate, I we are starting to edge towards Filton now. As regards to the kit, we will obviously need one so I will drop you a PM when we need it :)

Thanks again for all the replies.

I will not stand here and blatently lie, some of the refereeing is very poor.

But there is a lack of referees in Bristol at the moment. It is when people decide to give the ref alot of mouth, then wonder why there games get called off the next week, because nobody wants to ref them.

I agree i got sent off for swearing at my own player has i was walking off the pitch got 34 quid fine banned for a month

the worse thing was i was banned for my saturday team has well

If the ref's not registered with the local associations... and I'm sure not all the refs at Pro5 Bris are... can the ban be carried over to your Saturday team? I would have thought not.

I play Briz tuesdays nights, div 4, we are the MKay Dons, named after the school counsillor guy from south park that says mmkay, don't ask me why we thought it was funny.

briz is a more competitive environment than up filton, ive played at filton a couple of times with my mates team and the rounded corners wound me up big time because the ball kept flying round them into the keepers hands, where as briz you can shield the ball from your opponent (and try and get a sneaky elbow in the face). also the pitches are smaller at filton.

i play 6 a side in kingswood its a quite, a good standard and there are no boards and no head height rules so its a bit more like 11 a side. Also u can go in the area i would recommend this as i think its better than pro 5 the website is www.dklsports6aside.com

Do anyone need a player because i really wanna play but all my mates just been messing me around.

I work at Pro5 filton, so i will say that, Filton is the best one.

Ask me if you have any questions about it!

Also if you need a kit for your team go to http://www.footygear.com

Tell us exactly what you want will give you a great price for it!!

When does the new season start?

i play monday nights and my team always where red shirts like any red football shirt..england away/city shirt/man u shirt and we have always talked about gettin a kit but have never got round to it..do u reckon u could get us some decent kits adze, so we look the part even if we don't play well :D

sure,

go onto www.footygear.com

choose the style of kit you want.

Then pm me letting me know which style kit you want and how many you need, i will then get you a decent price for them.

I am the cheapest in the south west so you are in good hands, as well as being a fellow city fan.

Archived