IGNORED

Masters Football

Ivan_is_a_legend

anyone watch the masters on skysports? i absolutly love watching it, so of the greats who have still got the magic touch. anyway, got me thinking that if city had a team in there, which golden oldies would you like to see make up the team. i would go for:

Keith Welch

Shaun Taylor

Martin Scott

Gary Shelton

Brian Tinnion

Ivan Testimantanu

Jacki

Bob Taylor

Mark Gavin (ok, not exactly a legend, but this guy was great!)

I'm sure i have missed a few, but I'm not old!

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

Swindon digby kerslake calderwood taylor (shaun) fitroy simpson glenn hoddle john moncur micky hazard dennis wise gus poyet jan aage fjortoft i bet swindon could put out a much better team than city

I think it is abysmal that there is no representation for (say) Wales & the West. City, gas, Plymuff, Cardiff, Swansea. The criteria to qualify as a Masters player is a minimum age of 35 and (someone must know) a minimuim number of games played for the club you turn out for.

• Admin

Mark Gavin (ok, not exactly a legend, but this guy was great!)

Mark Gavin... absolutely a legend, glad you put him in, always loved watching him !!

Well you've confused me on that one - so is Gavin in the team or not ?

I think it is abysmal that there is no representation for (say) Wales & the West. City, gas, Plymuff, Cardiff, Swansea. The criteria to qualify as a Masters player is a minimum age of 35 and (someone must know) a minimuim number of games played for the club you turn out for.

Was surprised to see Notts County in the line up yesterday, this is something all the local teams should work on together - DOWNSIDE is that there is not premiership team in our region so no clout behind our arguement, but you could have Torquay,Exeter, Plymouth - City, Rovers, Swindon, Cheltenham - Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham etc

Glenn Hoddle - More Spurs legend than Swindle :D

I think it's up to Swindon fans whether Hoddle is a Swindon legend... The guy guided a little club to the Premiership whilst playing a key role on the field aswell. Mike Summerbee is a Swindon legend but is more known for his time at Manchester City.

More to the thread topic. I think it would be very good to see the Masters tournamont expand when the Bristol Arena is opened

You could have

Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Cardiff City and Swindon Town would get punters from all clubs.

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

Personaly there should be a south-west masters with Bristol City,Swindon Town,Cardiff City and Swansea (these clubs have made the top flight)

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

I THINK WE COULD GO EITHER, READING AND POXFORD OR CITY AND CARDIFF LETS FACE IT WE WERE (ARE) THE ONLY CLUB TO REPRESENT THE PREMIERSHIP SINCE ITS ESTABLISHMENT.

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

NOT FROM THE SOUTH WEST AREA CITY NO CARDIFF NO SWANS NO OXFORD NO READING JUST ROVERS NEVER WILL YEOVIL NEVER WILL CHELTENHAM NEVER WILL...........

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

WE RECIEVE THE SAME TV NEWS CHANNELS AND BELEAVE IT OR NOT GAY PITMAN CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT US ON WEST SOCCER 11PM ,WHEN WISE WAS APPOINTED THEY COULDNT GET ENOUGH OFF US........

WE RECIEVE THE SAME TV NEWS CHANNELS AND BELEAVE IT OR NOT GAY PITMAN CANT STOP TALKING ABOUT US ON WEST SOCCER 11PM ,WHEN WISE WAS APPOINTED THEY COULDNT GET ENOUGH OFF US........

We did'nt get west soccer 11pm,we had soccer night.What could'nt they get off you?

Guest STFC 93/94 SEASON

SOCCERNIGHT SOUNDS FAMILIAR TO ME THAT GED PITMAN BLOKE PRESENTING IT WITH ROVERS CITY YEOVIL AND SWINDON,SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME ONE TO ME

SOCCERNIGHT SOUNDS FAMILIAR TO ME THAT GED PITMAN BLOKE PRESENTING IT WITH ROVERS CITY YEOVIL AND SWINDON,SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME ONE TO ME

Turn your caps lock off you inbred :farmer:

And remember your only as good as your last game which in your case was relegation to the basement league with the mighty sags.

I THINK WE COULD GO EITHER, READING AND POXFORD OR CITY AND CARDIFF LETS FACE IT WE WERE (ARE) THE ONLY CLUB TO REPRESENT THE PREMIERSHIP SINCE ITS ESTABLISHMENT.

don't you still hold the record for the most goals conceded :rolleyes:

Archived