IGNORED

New Shirt- No Blackthorn ?

Portland Bill

Recieved 2 new shirts for my boys at the weekend, but there is no Blackthorn on the back of the shirts ?.

Does anyone know why this is ? could it be that the junior/youths shirts are not allowed to have alcohol sponsors on them :Confused13: ? cheers

Political correctness gone mad, Whatever next? Ban Bear baiting perhaps?

Ridiculous. I'm sure we have had kiddies sized shirts in the past with Alcohol advertised, for example:

Tottenham...Holsten

Liverpool...Carlsberg

Newcastle....Newcastle Brown

Cant think of any more at present but you get the idea

I know for a fact Tottenham shirts were not allowed 'Holsten' on childrens sizes. This was when Holsten first sponsered them, My mate at the time was a Spurs fan .

I know for a fact Tottenham shirts were not allowed 'Holsten' on childrens sizes. This was when Holsten first sponsered them, My mate at the time was a Spurs fan .

Fair enough, It would be interesting to know if the same applied to the Liverpool shirts as I would have thought I would have noticed Liverpool shirts without the Carlsberg logo as it almost became part of the shirt and would have looked very odd without it.

Last years home kit had blackthorn on the back I just went and grabbed one of the kids in my class by the collar to see if it was a kids one, as it has blackthorn on the back.

Must have just changed it this year. My ladies fitted one has blackthorn on it, even thought ive never had a pint of blackthorn in me life!

Guest Eamer

maybe the text would have to be made a lot smaller to print on the smaller shirts properly and as it is made smaller the letters become a lot more thin and liable to break up when printed on?

Going off on a tangent - good to see JJB in Brislington stocking City shirts in Briz

Are they any cheaper???!!!

This is the first time they've been sold anywhere other than official City shops isn't it, a good move I think.

Recieved 2 new shirts for my boys at the weekend, but there is no Blackthorn on the back of the shirts ?.

Does anyone know why this is ? could it be that the junior/youths shirts are not allowed to have alcohol sponsors on them :Confused13: ? cheers

Last year I got my Nephew a home shirt for his birthday. Scott Murray is his favorite player and I wanted to get the name and number put on for him. When I asked about this in the shop, they said they could do the number but not the name. The reason for this was that with the Blackthorn logo taking up space, there wasn't enough room for the lettering on the smaller child's shirt. Maybe that's why there is no 'Blackthorn' on the back of your boy's shirts? Just a thought.

Just found out on the net -

Rangers recently announced that they would be making shirts available without the logo of their sponsors, Carling, after Muslim fans claimed it went against their beliefs.

Its against my beliefs to buy a car from a certain Bristol seller, can I have a shirt without their logo on please?

Fair enough, It would be interesting to know if the same applied to the Liverpool shirts as I would have thought I would have noticed Liverpool shirts without the Carlsberg logo as it almost became part of the shirt and would have looked very odd without it.

Did they not just print proberley on the front as used in there advert, I know they did this when playing abroad in some games due to advertising rules in those countrys.

yeah seen them my self ..cant have kids endorsing cider now can we......but then again most kids these day drink it like its water! fair play to ciy though

Archived