IGNORED

Ernie Arathoon

Tom Fleuriot

Obviously not enough for Steve to let him join his little gang of four.

(now they were a good band!!)

Without knowing the facts (but speculation is good for the soul) I wonder why such a 'big' announcement over a position as ineffective as Vice Chairman or whatever.

They gave that to Trescothick for gawds sake!!

I can only imagine its a 5 figure sum, otherwise I would be very, very unhappy that Lansdown was taking the money and not giving board membership. He sounds like the sort of bloke who SHOULD be on the board, not just Lansdowns cronies.

(unless this bloke didn't want it)

Given my current bleak outlook on Mr Lansdown, this sort of 'hey hey!' meaningless announcement (what's all that bull about showing how fans can get involved?)only cements my concern that he has his hooks into BCFC in a Dunfordesque manner.

Prove me wrong Steve, please do.

Surely a Vice-President gets some kind of voting rights? Otherwise he'd be a "non-executive board member" or some such.

Googled his name. Couldn't find anything that tells me he's any better than Lansdown. Although he's interested in finding out more about his great-granddad, if anyone knows where he is...

Obviously not enough for Steve to let him join his little gang of four.

(now they were a good band!!)

Without knowing the facts (but speculation is good for the soul) I wonder why such a 'big' announcement over a position as ineffective as Vice Chairman or whatever.

They gave that to Trescothick for gawds sake!!

I can only imagine its a 5 figure sum, otherwise I would be very, very unhappy that Lansdown was taking the money and not giving board membership. He sounds like the sort of bloke who SHOULD be on the board, not just Lansdowns cronies.

(unless this bloke didn't want it)

Given my current bleak outlook on Mr Lansdown, this sort of 'hey hey!' meaningless announcement (what's all that bull about showing how fans can get involved?)only cements my concern that he has his hooks into BCFC in a Dunfordesque manner.

Prove me wrong Steve, please do.

Out of interest...just how would Steve prove you wrong? And what would you like him to say?

It's entirely normal for an investor to start with a smaller sum than they intend to invest in total, without being immediately on the board to get used to working together with existing board members.

That seems to be what's happening here, it's good to see that investment is happening and people are interested, and it's sensible to be cautious.

Why do local businessmen who have made a bit of money want to blow some on their local football team?

One reason is to raise their profile down the local pub and what better way than being featured on the BCFC Forum, given an honourary meaningless title but, unfortunately, no power

Why do local businessmen who have made a bit of money want to blow some on their local football team?

One reason is to raise their profile down the local pub and what better way than being featured on the BCFC Forum, given an honourary meaningless title but, unfortunately, no power

Ah, so what a way to help our club go forward, let's tell anyone with a few quid spare to keep it to themselves rather than help out our club that has been losing millions of pounds over the last god knows how many years!!

He has invested a significant sum and is supposedly willing to invest more in the future plus he has helped to persuade others to invest in our club.

Let's give the bloke a chance, from what I can see, he hasn't asked for anything major in return for his investment, is a lifelong City fan and a season ticket holder, hardly sounds like he's going to try and run the club into the ground!!

Agree with that. I think it's all quite exciting myself, if he can bring funds into the club. I'm sure he's not some mug being fobbed off and robbed by evil Mr Lansdown.

And his wife's not bad :w00t:

Why do you say "evil Mr Lansdown" do you not like the way he bankrolls your club with his own cash and continually pays off the huge losses made each year?

Agree with that. I think it's all quite exciting myself, if he can bring funds into the club. I'm sure he's not some mug being fobbed off and robbed by evil Mr Lansdown.

And his wife's not bad :w00t:

Agreed on both counts :blush:

Regarding mr Erns appointment as a vice president firstly will people get there facts right he doesnt live in weston or clevedon actually he lives north of the river but I'm am not saying where, for gods sake people come on this site and make rash statements about lansdown and any one else who tries to help the club out, give mr ern and his family a chance and give them your support no wonder no one wants to invest in the club, On a similar note i was at hereford sat afternoon and heard someone saying that enoch was a glorified baz savage even though he hadnt seen him play ( it was what a mate said ) well it was the first time i have seen enoch play and the 45 mins i saw of him i was very impressed but like i said it was only 45 mins , the trouble with our fans is i know we all have an opinion but we seem to make it very quickly at ashton gate , i don't give a damn if we lose our first 10 games and the rest of the pre seasons i will make my judgement may 2007 , rant over come on you reds

Guest Score

Regarding mr Erns appointment as a vice president firstly will people get there facts right he doesnt live in weston or clevedon actually he lives north of the river but I'm am not saying where, for gods sake people come on this site and make rash statements about lansdown and any one else who tries to help the club out, give mr ern and his family a chance and give them your support no wonder no one wants to invest in the club, On a similar note i was at hereford sat afternoon and heard someone saying that enoch was a glorified baz savage even though he hadnt seen him play ( it was what a mate said ) well it was the first time i have seen enoch play and the 45 mins i saw of him i was very impressed but like i said it was only 45 mins , the trouble with our fans is i know we all have an opinion but we seem to make it very quickly at ashton gate , i don't give a damn if we lose our first 10 games and the rest of the pre seasons i will make my judgement may 2007 , rant over come on you reds

Is this the dude who lives in lockleaze and owns some pubs? I think i remember his name mentioned on here a few months ago.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=59229&hl=ernie

Ah there it is.

Regarding mr Erns appointment as a vice president firstly will people get there facts right he doesnt live in weston or clevedon actually he lives north of the river but I'm am not saying where, for gods sake people come on this site and make rash statements about lansdown and any one else who tries to help the club out, give mr ern and his family a chance and give them your support no wonder no one wants to invest in the club,

eh? no-one's saying anything bad about the bloke.

Give him a chance? too right i will if he's putting money in!!

I'm only suprised he didn't want more than a 'Vice President' position if the money is 'substantial'

Surely a Vice-President gets some kind of voting rights? Otherwise he'd be a "non-executive board member" or some such.

Googled his name. Couldn't find anything that tells me he's any better than Lansdown. Although he's interested in finding out more about his great-granddad, if anyone knows where he is...

I think that I might be his great grandad. Can I have some money please? :pray:

Out of interest...just how would Steve prove you wrong? And what would you like him to say?

'judge me on Tinnion' - does it matter what he says? he doesn't mean it.

He's slowly moved himself into a position where decisions about the way the football club and it's assets are made without opposition. Thats dangerous.

The idea that Steve Lansdown is in any position other than that of ultimately making money from our club is a joke. Yes sure, he's bankrolling us - except do we have sight of the repayment schedules and interest rates? do we have a clear sight of the underwritten guarantees, could these be written against the ground? no he's manouvered and restructured in the best traditions of business management.

So it all looks fine until the merde hits the fan.

I just hope we don't find ourselves in Rovers position, unable to counter a chairman who is ripping the guts out of our club. and no-one can do anything about it.

Share the load, expand the board and the shareholders. Lets not hide behind the pretence of 'there's no one out there' - Hargreaves Lansdown wouldn't be the company they are now without there being an awful lot of 'people out there'. are you saying that suddenly there's no investors at the sub 500K mark?

If Lansdown was putting up 10, 20 Million then let him have the whole bleeding train set!! but have a look at what he IS putting in, and is it proportionate to the control he has?

It's my opinion, I wouldn't hire him as an FD.

Why do you say "evil Mr Lansdown" do you not like the way he bankrolls your club with his own cash and continually pays off the huge losses made each year?

He was being ironic/sarcastic. You missed the point.

'judge me on Tinnion' - does it matter what he says? he doesn't mean it.

He's slowly moved himself into a position where decisions about the way the football club and it's assets are made without opposition. Thats dangerous.

The idea that Steve Lansdown is in any position other than that of ultimately making money from our club is a joke. Yes sure, he's bankrolling us - except do we have sight of the repayment schedules and interest rates? do we have a clear sight of the underwritten guarantees, could these be written against the ground? no he's manouvered and restructured in the best traditions of business management.

So it all looks fine until the merde hits the fan.

I just hope we don't find ourselves in Rovers position, unable to counter a chairman who is ripping the guts out of our club. and no-one can do anything about it.

Share the load, expand the board and the shareholders.

It is my understanding, having heard Steve state his intentions at the last AGM, that there is no interest on any of his loans and that insteead he holds interest free loans which are convertable into share capital. The effect of this is that we are borrowing cheaply, which is great, but that this individual will own a greater percentage of BCFC Holdings once his loans are converted.

In short, I agree that I would like to see the board expanded, and am pleased that the Supporters Trust and Club will have a voice at board meetings in the future. In terms of share ownership, I think it is risky for any one individual to hold complete power over a company in which so many thousands have an interest. I must emphasise though, that I have no reason to doubt Steve's intentions and that I have always found him relatively open, and found him to have City's best interests at heart.

The risk I talk about has become the reality for a number of clubs (Wrexham, York etc) and I do not expect that to be the case here. Indeed, I expect that Steve's exit strategy (and I would expect anybody with an investment of such magnitude to have one) is one that he does not believe will damage the club. One thing is for certain, the only way to safeguard the future of any business is to work damned hard and there are certainly people doing that for the interests of our club.

Guest Eamer

If he's putting a bit of money into the club fair enough to the guy why are you all slating him already? All he's done is give the club a bit of money at the moment.

Just to clairfy,

Ernie has put in a fair bit of cash in a region of a few hundred thousand. He owns 3 pubs in the Horfield area as one is on filton avenue which his brother and him run's which his the Fellowship.

Nat a bad pub and also it's a City pub, probally the only one on filton avenue :laugh:!

I knew this story a few months ago when he got accepted for the investment as he had a party in the pub. It's not untill know it's gone to press with all the legal documents ect...

The 2 pubs i know he's got are the fellowship and the gainsbrough which are all in the horfield area. I'm not sure if he brough the bulldog.

But all in all, he's a nice chap and a die hard city fan to. He's not like no other board members filling you with rubbish. If he know's somthing he'll tell you.

Hope that clears things up

Thanks - it's nice to get some facts rather than random speculation!

All sounds quite promising if it's a few hundred thousand. Bristolborn, DannyCider and turbo may know - has he also been given voting rights as well on the board, and has the investment been marked for anything in particular like players, or the academy?

With that level of investment, and being a genuine City fan, I know I'd want some kind of say in things, ven if it's just a whisper.

Ernie does have the right to vote and his opions will be viewed by the board of directors. This what i've heard my mate who spoke to his brother direct a few days ago.

If one of us ordinary die hard city fans but a fair few quid in the kitty i'm sure you'll have you rights where the money is going and also have the right to vote in polls that are brought to the attention of the board.

On a personal note, i've very proud of Ernie for doing this. If i had a million i would give a a few kid to the club i love.

All in all its the right choice for city taking his contribution as opions my the fan's directed to him will be heard at meetings and once if for all we'll get answers and not all the rubbish we get told for example.

I must say i'm sure he wouldn't give details of club transfer targets and in-side thought as obviously it's private to the club untill being realesed in the press or on the verge of being realesed.

Hope this clairfy's everything.

He's just an ordinary city fan with a few quid, thats how i see things and different

Cash for pierages anyone?

He obviously lives in Clevedon or Weston Super Mare !!

Further to my original comment :

If the excellent Mr Arathoon resides in Lockleaze, he can only be considered for the lesser honour of a peerage.

This entails sending a postal order for £ 1 million to New Labour, and marking the application :

" For the attention of Lord Levy ".

Hope that clarifies the situation.

Archived