IGNORED

Am I The Only One To Notice

dagest

They're much like normal chavs, but they always have their tops off. You must have seen them? - Cap, stupid look, no t-shirt, preferably smooth chested with ugly tattos, scruffy shellsuit bottoms, scruffy trainers and normally some thick looking chavette who's letting the aforementioned chav grab her tits in the middle of Broadmead.

I know they probably can't help it and it's probably a consequence of social poverty and education, but I'm afraid I turn into a snob when I see them. They're not even working class, they seem to be some sort of sub-stratum.

Any thoughts? Can they be helped under the current system?

Non-Summer time Chav scene:

IPB Image

I've found there always to be a great pride in the respectable traditional working class (or what is left of it), what we're dealing with here is more of a vermin underclass only being able to reproduce and evolve due to a soft state.

I too suffer from a little shameless snobbery.

Who dug out that picture of Barry_manc anyway??

:laugh:

Speaking of which, I was in Broadmead today shopping, terrable i know, but apart from inhailing 12 oz of dust, i also noticed the majority of shoppers were pensioners and teenagers giving it large outside McDonalds. Why is there allways some Bible bashing in the middle bit chatting 5h1t about how i've sinned !? I'm trying to enjoy my Sub, i don't want to feel indebted to Jesus while i eat, i want to kick the Pigeons.

What does 'Chav' stand for exactly ? i'm sure there was a Chav thread a few months ago, prob got deleted.

Chelsea

Have

A

Vision ?

Council

Houses

And

Violence

I'm sure there we're loads more.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

none of you personnally know chavs your just basing stuff on what you see, kind of pathetic really.

especially considering wtfigo's picture of some stoner.

chavs are the equivalent to your generations hippy's, except for the fact that they don't pretend to be doing the right thing when they are pissing other people off.

Speaking of which, I was in Broadmead today shopping, terrable i know, but apart from inhailing 12 oz of dust, i also noticed the majority of shoppers were pensioners and teenagers giving it large outside McDonalds. Why is there allways some Bible bashing in the middle bit chatting 5h1t about how i've sinned !? I'm trying to enjoy my Sub, i don't want to feel indebted to Jesus while i eat, i want to kick the Pigeons.

What does 'Chav' stand for exactly ? i'm sure there was a Chav thread a few months ago, prob got deleted.

Chelsea

Have

A

Vision ?

Council

Houses

And

Violence

Council House Associated Vermin is one.

I think it's just pointless snobbery. But then I wear a chain, listen to hip-hop, occasionally shave my head, wear caps, wear Adidas, and my family didn't own their own home when I grew up. Basically I'm scum.

I reckon there should be more words to put posh people down. :shifty:

none of you personnally know chavs your just basing stuff on what you see, kind of pathetic really.

chavs are the equivalent to your generations hippy's, except for the fact that they don't pretend to be doing the right thing when they are pissing other people off.

Nonsense. Chavs have nothing to do with Hippies. There's a kind of ideology behind Hippiness (peace, love, pprotest, opting out of capitalist materialism) and was specific to the 60s. There is no ideology asscoiated with Chavs, they are more of a social phenomenon. They are probably a consequence of a very divided and unfair society. I don't blame them, but I certainly don't like them either.

Who dug out that picture of Barry_manc anyway??

:disapointed2se:

That's bang out not even I would chew on my eyebrows that bad.... Not whilst at work anyway...

Chelsea

Have

A

Vision ?

Council

Houses

And

Violence

So you're saying that judging people from your first impression of them is pathetic. Then you don't know who John Lennon is. Then you call John Lennon some stoner in a degrogitory way, judging him on his appearance and stereotyping his lifestyle through one action that you saw. Contradiction? That might not be pathetic but it certaintly doesn't look good on you. Chav's are nothing like hippys, hippys had ideals and morals. Chavs aspire to be pregnant by 16 (a huge generalisation but a trend I have seen. I do know chavs, they're alright but normally fairly dense and short sighted). Actually I don't want to argue against you, you made your opinion worthless some time ago (I think? Was this that same chap from before?)

I think it's just pointless snobbery. But then I wear a chain, listen to hip-hop, occasionally shave my head, wear caps, wear Adidas, and my family didn't own their own home when I grew up. Basically I'm scum.

I don't wear a chain but other than that.... Are you describing me? Again? Don't you talk about anything else :whistle:

And it's not my fault that I don't own my house!

But they do believe in what they do, The can mug you on the street and not lose a wink of sleep over night over it. OK not all chavs are like that but the ones I know of are.

They take all sorts of drugs and that and believe that it is right and think they are Bob Marley or something.

Saying they're today's equivalent of hiipys is just totally wrong, It's like saying Tony Blair is today's Winston Churchill when he is clearly not..

I seem to attract a load of chavs due to having longer hair than they do (even though I wouldnt class it as long). The way that they believe it is their right to shout abuse at you as you walk past I think is totally wrong seeing as it really should be the other way round. Its as if they look down on normal people.

I'm still in school now and have alot of chavs at my school. The most annoying part is when you are treated as if you arent a normal human being due to not being one of them. :ranting:

Irritating to some, rather more serious to others.....

Visited a pshcyatric ward once, a clearly disturbed girl had cut of both her arms due to being convinced she was possessed by the devil after listening to one of these.

I've known more than one person that one would describe as a chav, this one in particular though - we kinda gained a mutural understanding, didn't look kindly upon him being responsible for having irresponsibly inpregnated and given no financial support to some bird, didn't look kindly upon him being banned for drink driving, didn't look kindly upon him having no job, education or offering anything possitive to society whatsoever, didn't look kindly upon his father making a fortune from selling dirty hashish too young kids and didn't like his obvious complete disrespect for other human beings.

If this makes me pathetic then so be it

A glaring error in your post there

^^ A quite rediculous statement.

Council House Associated Vermin is one.

I reckon there should be more words to put posh people down. :shifty:

Yeah but mozo, you may have respectable working class routes (suspect you were bought up being taught a degree of morality and respest) but from what I know of you you're quite clearly not a plebianite philistine.

My favourite was Council Housed Adolescent Vermin.

I'm lead to believe it stands for Council Houses And Violence first labelleled by the police.

I seem to attract a load of chavs due to having longer hair than they do (even though I wouldnt class it as long). The way that they believe it is their right to shout abuse at you as you walk past I think is totally wrong seeing as it really should be the other way round. Its as if they look down on normal people.

I'm still in school now and have alot of chavs at my school. The most annoying part is when you are treated as if you arent a normal human being due to not being one of them. :ranting:

I think their values are based upon aggression and 'hardness' same as mine are based on decency and respect.

Nobody will convince me that mine are wrong and I doubt anybody can teach them that theres are.

Sounds like you go to the same school as me and as wtf says their values are based on hardness, but I don't mind some chavs because they act different to me than they do to other people. My mate was a chav and sort of still is, but he has to look up to most people because he is short.

^^ A quite rediculous statement.

care to explain why.

hippy's had a weakness to getting stoned and drunk. so do chavs.

hippy's annoy everyone who isn't one themselves. so do chavs.

the only difference is hippy's bother to believe what they are doing is right when really they want to annoy everyone else.

the only difference is hippy's bother to believe what they are doing is right when really they want to annoy everyone else.

Completely disagree. Chavs in a big group can be extremely intimidating, threatning and a nuisance to society and generally come from poor estates where there are a lot of social problems. Chavs don't often choose to be chavs, they are in that situation because of where they come from. It is a response to the disassociation that they feel (for one reason for another)

Hippies, by complete contrast, tend to come from the moneyed classes, and were/are not an intimidating group. They may get drunk and stoned but do not act aggresively (we are talking generally of course) towards others, and as much as they do bum off the state as Chavs do, their impact on society is nowhere near as detremental as the effect that certain groups of Chavs have.

The rise of the hippies was also linked with a political statement, whereas Chavs have little concept of what the word even means. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying hippies are perfect, but they are nowhere near as depressing or destructive a site as a group of drunk Chavs on a Friday night standing outside their local co-op- give me a group of stoned Hippies in a park any day.

I have just returned from a weekend away and I went to Ilfracombe and Woolacombe and they were full of these summertime chavs.

On a few occasions I got my wallet out to change up a £20 note in the arcades and in the corner of my eye I could see them looking at my wallet and money. Can't say I have ever had a hippy do that to me.

And on the beach there is a stream and loads of kids aged between 1 and 7 were playing in it. Along came a group of about five chavs and they had these boards that you stand on and skid across the water and did that right next to the kids. One chav jumped off the board and the board carried on and hit my little girl who is 16 months old and knocked her over and she banged her head and made her nose bleed.

Me and a few other parents went over and confronted these chavs about there 'No Care' attitude and the life guards had to interrupt before it turned nasty.

All of that could have been avoided if they had just moved down a little bit away from all the kids.

From the hippies I know of they would never put kids in danger like that.

Chavs have a serious attitude problem and don't care about anyone but themselves and show disrespect to others and there surroundings.

If I would have done something like that to there kids then world war three would have started. They always go on about respect but they haven't got any at all.

especially considering wtfigo's picture of some stoner. An absolutely ridiculous statment

care to explain why.

the only difference is hippy's bother to believe what they are doing is right when really they want to annoy everyone else. this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

You're back from your Pre-Modding fun then. Did it not teach you anything?

I'm guessing that you often wear a Burberry baseball cap, and like spitting on the floor then. :D

The way you can TRY to compare chavs and hippies is, quite frankly, hilarious. Hippies had an ideology of dropping out of society and not being (over) controlled by the MAN (government etc). Chavs have no ideology at all. They just want to look hard (but only in big groups), sponge off of society and basically do nothing to add to society in anyway. I just hope most of them grow out of it by the time they get older, but considering most will have about 6 kids all paid for by the social, they couldnt afford to get a job.

If you don't know what John Lennon looks like, you don't deserve the time of day IMO.

care to explain why.

Some very tenuouse comparisons there, read through the other post's for some slightly more fundamental differences though. I honestly thought that when you first made the comment your understanding of the title 'hippy' was obviously befuddled.

As a cliche, hippy's stood for peace and love, chav's - peace and love??? :blink:

You retain your belief that you're right with your statement and virtually every other poster on this thread is wrong if you like. I just feel bloody silly for even entering into such an absurd debate.

Why do people use profanity in the street? This is not just chavs, but they are very fond of it.

I especially hate it around children (especially my own). I would have a word, but I do not fancy getting chibbed by one of the acnefied degenerates.

No self respect. Ship the whole damn lot off to a penal colony in Tristan De Cunha.

Rant over.

:blink:

Also more focused on nicking your car stereo or giving you 'slaps' than world peace and free love to be fair.

:doh:

And before you say, I don't understand, I used to 'hang about the Texaco' sniffing petrol or 'go out on the skank' when I was a nipper so I do understand the chav thing when it's about 'sticking it to society/misunderstood youth/nobody loves me so eff you blah blah'... Seems to have taken on a much scarier tilt since my day though so I can understand the old duffers like dagest ( :)) getting upset!

Crazy comparison and I'm with WTFIGO i.e. why am I replying to this?! (too much petrol?)

You're back from your Pre-Modding fun then. Did it not teach you anything?

I'm guessing that you often wear a Burberry baseball cap, and like spitting on the floor then. :D

The way you can TRY to compare chavs and hippies is, quite frankly, hilarious. Hippies had an ideology of dropping out of society and not being (over) controlled by the MAN (government etc). Chavs have no ideology at all. They just want to look hard (but only in big groups), sponge off of society and basically do nothing to add to society in anyway. I just hope most of them grow out of it by the time they get older, but considering most will have about 6 kids all paid for by the social, they couldnt afford to get a job.

If you don't know what John Lennon looks like, you don't deserve the time of day IMO.

the fact is you were a pipe smoking ugly bloke hiding in long hair hippy. dropping out of society? i believe that is anti social and you chat about chavs being anti social. who cares if i spit? you pay your money to watch footballers WHO SPIT. i wear chav cloths, you used to wear stupid dress things.

chavs don't add to society but hippies demolished it.

john lennon is just as bad as the rest of you. if he didn't smoke so much then he'd realise how much of a moron he is.

Archived