IGNORED

Goalkeeper

bartolona

I thought the official site announced he had signed ?

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~875915,00.html

Nothing definite there about his signing, but the BBC report is incorrect. It says that we wanted him on loan from Swansea, but he is a free agent. Maybe they are mixing him up with the Wolves player who returned to his club.

Well you know, if Gary had had the hindsight, had a few more scouts out there (me!) then maybe we could have avoided the whole problem months in advance. But no. He's minding his bleedin wallet again. Gets in a crap keeper, Basso gets injured after 12 minutes, we loose, get relegated etcetcetc and it could all have been so easy. Lessons to be learnt? Make me a scout.

Well you know, if Gary had had the hindsight, had a few more scouts out there (me!) then maybe we could have avoided the whole problem months in advance. But no. He's minding his bleedin wallet again. Gets in a crap keeper, Basso gets injured after 12 minutes, we loose, get relegated etcetcetc and it could all have been so easy. Lessons to be learnt? Make me a scout.

make your own scout

He's made 4 league appearances for Barnet and conceded 7 goals.

Never played for the Hammers first team.

Panic set in - bad planning .

No disrespect to the fella, but he'll be gone in a month with someone with a bit of credible experience coming in.

We all knew we needed a back up keeper,so why wait a day before the season starts to bring in a keeper with no experience and in a months time try and get another one :dunno:

He's made 4 league appearances for Barnet and conceded 7 goals.

Never played for the Hammers first team.

Panic set in - bad planning .

No disrespect to the fella, but he'll be gone in a month with someone with a bit of credible experience coming in.

Bit of a screw up really !

We all knew we needed a back up keeper,so why wait a day before the season starts to bring in a keeper with no experience and in a months time try and get another one :dunno:

I don't think we simply sat on our hands until today, it's likely that Johnson couldn't get someone who fit his squad 'vision' in and in the end was forced to sign someone - anyone - just to have some cover on the bench.

If you sign a player on loan then the dead line is longer. I think it is the same for a weekend game but for a midweek match it is something like 5pm on the day of the game. We have signed a few players on very short loans before just so they could play in that midweek game and then signed them on a permanent transfer a few days later. I think we done that to Peter Beadle but there were a few more around that time which I can't remember at the mo.

I suspect that Gj assumed that Murphy was going to sign a contract but then Murphy said he felt home sick so left. Thus leaving us only a day or so to get someone in. Gj isn't to blame. Murphy is.

wow! lets all have a pop at Johnson because he has had to goalie deals fall through this week which are not his fault, between Murphy and the wolves bloke we have been very unlucky.

good god there are some utter utter idiots on this forum who think that because they have spent a few days playing football manager on computer that they no it all, Johnson doesn't stand a chance of success considering some of the fans on this forum.

First day of the season tomorrow on we have people groaning and bitching about crap! barry_manc, rod12, bartolona I mean people like you!

wow! lets all have a pop at Johnson because he has had to goalie deals fall through this week which are not his fault, between Murphy and the wolves bloke we have been very unlucky.

good god there are some utter utter idiots on this forum who think that because they have spent a few days playing football manager on computer that they no it all, Johnson doesn't stand a chance of success considering some of the fans on this forum.

First day of the season tomorrow on we have people groaning and bitching about crap! barry_manc, rod12, bartolona I mean people like you!

Well you sir, are a muppet. You really think I was complaining about the chap having a beard? Well I was but that's not the point. Grow a sense of humour, unlike some, not everyone takes this forum as a matter of life and death, and not everyone thinks that their opinion actually matters or effects team moral etc. Where's that JuanCorr smiley gone?

Archived