IGNORED

Dave Cottrell

SeaMillsRed

Just to get on peoples nerves i suggest we sell the man and get someone in who offers something else to the team except a Christian Roberts style of performances.

Where its so hit and miss that it is becoming annoying that he cant seem to score even though hes a forward/ winger, we would miss his pace but he is a liability alot of the time and this showed against s****horpe. Leading to his booking for one, missed a chance from 8 yards (what abouth the southampton miss too!!).

Come on lets be having your thoughts....................... :blink:

Young, gifted and Welsh. We keep playing him, he keeps learning, and in a year or so we have a high quality player who either really shines, or reduces our debt. Sometimes you have to accept that young players are not perfect and look to the future.

He was our worst player by a mile on saturday. Did absolutely nothing right. Shocking performance. Give him a couple more starts and if he doesn't improve give Murray a run on the right.

Agree just because he's young doesnt mean hes guaranteed a starting place, but i think he thinks he is.

This may be his problem complacency who knows but it just aint good enough.

He was our worst player by a mile on saturday. Did absolutely nothing right. Shocking performance. Give him a couple more starts and if he doesn't improve give Murray a run on the right.

No way Pedro.

Murray was our worst player. Did absolutely nothing of note. Cotterill put in a couple of crosses that showed that he can cross, but nobody attacked the near post. I'd say Brooker was worse too

As Madger said, DC is only 18 too.

He was our worst player by a mile on Saturday. Did absolutely nothing right. Shocking performance. Give him a couple more starts and if he doesn't improve give Murray a run on the right.
How was he our worse player? He made some good runs, Tackles, Passes Crosses etc. If you are looking at worse players I would suggest Brooks and Jevo and Murray myself.

It is the first game of the season and we got the 3 points. I am happy with that. I am even more happy with the fact that I saw a side that finally looks ready to challenge at the top for the whole season. I saw some very encouraging signs.

Does anyone remember when Matt Hill was in his first few seasons? He was absolutely rubbish and made mistakes like Cotts has and will do because he was young. However with encouragement and belief Hill turned into a fantastic player and would walk straight into our starting 11 today.

Cotts will turn out the same but even better slagging him off isn't going to improve him as a player as I guess he reads this place from time to time. Constructive criticism and encouragement will improve him slagging him off wont.

He is only 18 and any 18 year old will make mistakes. Rooney made mistakes at 18 as did all the top players when they were 18.

So please give the lad time to improve.

He is still a kid!! You will rarely see consistent performances from an 18yr old! He will often go missing in games because of this but at the end of the day he has shown us what he can do. We have to accept that he wont do it every game but hopefully the more games he plays, The better and more consistent he will become.

I don't think we should sale him hes a up and comming player and will be big name in the prem one day.Hes also already a full international even if it is for wales.Ill be really peeded off if they do sale him because ive had enough of this club saleing good young players.

:rofl2br:

Just to get on peoples nerves i suggest we sell the man and get someone in who offers something else to the team except a Christian Roberts style of performances.

Where its so hit and miss that it is becoming annoying that he cant seem to score even though hes a forward/ winger, we would miss his pace but he is a liability alot of the time and this showed against s****horpe. Leading to his booking for one, missed a chance from 8 yards (what abouth the southampton miss too!!).

:rofl2br::rofl2br::doh::doh::grr::grr:

No way Pedro.

Murray was our worst player. Did absolutely nothing of note. Cotterill put in a couple of crosses that showed that he can cross, but nobody attacked the near post. I'd say Brooker was worse too

As Madger said, DC is only 18 too.

Cotterill had the support of Orr over-laping time and time again saturday and Cotterill still had a poor game. So often Woodman would give the ball to Murray but not support him with an overlap of any kind. This resulting in Murray only having one choice, either playing the ball backwards or going alone.

What annoyed me of saturday was Cotterills lack of effort and Woodmans lack of attacking support. Them two resulted in Murrays and Cotterills poor performances.

Cottrell will turn out to be at least 10 times the player Roberts is. Sure, he will have bad games, and I don't think he'll be guarenteed to start every game, but surely anyone who knows anything about football can see the kid has bags of potential. What he doesn't need is for people to be getting on his back every single time he doesn't play well. He'll either become a key player for us, or an extremley saleable asset, either way the club wins.

I completely agree, he is so frustrating to watch :ranting:

How long are people going to use his age as an excuse for innept performaces? Missed ANOTHER good chance on Saturday his crossing was poor and never really looked a threat.

I really don't understand all the fuss about Cotterell, looks very average to me :dunno:

Don't agree with that. It wasn't his best game but there were worse players on the pitch, take Murray as an example. He is a decent young player and has alot a potential, although he does have to be more consistent.

Don't agree with that. It wasn't his best game but there were worse players on the pitch, take Murray as an example..

woodman not overlaping helped that!! both had a shocker, but murrays wasnt down to effort. Cotterills was.

he got talent but over does it, he is a good footballer in the individual sense but as a team player

in a team game plan he has much to learn, if he was to be sold tomorrow i really don't feel we'll miss

him as we got a squad to fill the gap, but if he stays then fair play, but he got to stop being so greedy and play it simple as brooker tears out what little hair he got at times with him, and bradley orr has kittens when he goes missing on a george best run, only to lose the ball leaving orr 2 players running at him, ie:southend away.

Young, gifted and Welsh. We keep playing him, he keeps learning, and in a year or so we have a high quality player who either really shines, or reduces our debt. Sometimes you have to accept that young players are not perfect and look to the future.

...yes, but how long should we expect him to be "learning"?

He missed a host of chances last season, too, and frequently failed to pass to other team members in better scoring positions....

How long are people going to use his age as an excuse for innept performaces? Missed ANOTHER good chance on Saturday his crossing was poor and never really looked a threat.

Umm......until he's at an age where he can be expected to perform at a decent level on a regular basis. People also forget that in his eyes he is a striker playing out of position. John Toshack also see's him as a striker. GJ said last season that he knew he had off games but he needed to play to aid his development, If he is playing THAT badly then GJ will drop him sooner rather than later. The lad must have something about him to be selected week in week out for City and to be usually selected for the Wales squad.

I'm sure over the course of the season he will prove his worth to the team.

Oh and people will miss chances far easier than that this season including the likes of Brooker but I bet people wont be calling for him to be dropped.

woodman not overlaping helped that!! both had a shocker, but murrays wasnt down to effort. Cotterills was.

agreed. murray is very isolated these days, gone is the day of the tin man 40 yard ball and the carey

back up over lap, woodman defends well but ain't great going foward, instead of laying it out to murray he cuts the ball back in to the middle of midfield, murray is being pulled deep and out the game at times becuse of this, woodman needs to use width and get foward and noble spread that ball long and wide over

the full backs head, thats what murray wants.

I'm not sure if it can be taught - "how to do one less thing than's he's doing at the moment"

But this seems to be the crux of it.

For the present no one would want to stifle his attacking play and I'm sure we would want him to gradually acquire the right blend of attacking and playing the obvious ball

Umm......until he's at an age where he can be expected to perform at a decent level on a regular basis. People also forget that in his eyes he is a striker playing out of position. John Toshack also see's him as a striker. GJ said last season that he knew he had off games but he needed to play to aid his development, If he is playing THAT badly then GJ will drop him sooner rather than later. The lad must have something about him to be selected week in week out for City and to be usually selected for the Wales squad.

I'm sure over the course of the season he will prove his worth to the team.

Oh and people will miss chances far easier than that this season including the likes of Brooker but I bet people wont be calling for him to be dropped.

Wasnt saying he should be dropped, but was asking for a general consensus on why he isnt doing as well as (WE ALL) would like.

Yes people are saying others arent contributing to helping him play better, but other players werent the topic.

Archived