IGNORED

First Away Following Over 1500..

Cardy

Assuming we get off to a decent start has anyone got any thoughts on which game we will start to see a larger away following ? I'm guessing but I think Port Vale on 23/09 and Bournemouth on 26/09 will see us over 1500.

I think we will see some big away followings this year if the team do what we expect them to.

In the last two seasons we have only broke the 1000 mark a few times so the question should really be when will we break that mark.

If Cheltenham give us the 1500 away tickets then we will sell that out. Bournemouth we will take a fair few bit as it's a mid week game there wont be as many as there would be if it was a Saturday game.

We should be given 2800 tickets for Brentford away and if we are doing well I would fancy seeing at least 2000 there as it is only a short drive along the motorway and is one of the closer away games this season.

Forest and Yeovil away is a few weeks after Brentford, There should be a large away support at both games.

In the last two seasons we have only broke the 1000 mark a few times so the question should really be when will we break that mark.

If Cheltenham give us the 1500 away tickets then we will sell that out. Bournemouth we will take a fair few bit as it's a mid week game there wont be as many as there would be if it was a Saturday game.

We should be given 2800 tickets for Brentford away and if we are doing well I would fancy seeing at least 2000 there as it is only a short drive along the motorway and is one of the closer away games this season.

Forest and Yeovil away is a few weeks after Brentford, There should be a large away support at both games.

The away followings over the last couple of seasons have been poor because the football and the results have been poor. This season we are on the up and alot of people will begin to jump on the promotion bandwagon again. I expect us to take over 1000 to atleast half of our away games this season. Additionally I think we should all make the extra effort this year to get to Swansea and show them what true support is.

The away followings over the last couple of seasons have been poor because the football and the results have been poor. This season we are on the up and alot of people will begin to jump on the promotion bandwagon again. I expect us to take over 1000 to atleast half of our away games this season. Additionally I think we should all make the extra effort this year to get to Swansea and show them what true support is.

But who is to say we will have a good season?

If we beat Bradford tomorrow I could see quite a lot of people going to Huddersfield on saturday not sure if we will get more than 1500 though.

True. Huddersfield are doing 'Quid a Kid' or something similar, so that will add a few on as well. If we win tomorrow, I reckon we could be pushing 1000 or so.

I will try to get to some away games this year but I need to run it by she who hates football with a vengeance (but she really does not understand the offside rule or the fact that a player can be fouled even though the opposing player was no where near ? girls you have to love them) .

PS sorry to all female city fans who do understand ( you are better drivers)

I think it's a bit harsh to say people will be 'jumping on the promotion bandwagon'. Indeed, more people will start going to away games if we start winning them, but that's not just because of promotion, it's because the football is likely to be a lot better as well!

I mean, who wants to travel to Hartlepool on a wet Tuesdat night to see us lose 1-0?!

IF we are lucky enough to win 4 out of the first 5 games, then i think we could get more than 1,500 on Saturday 9th Sept 06 for the game against Tranmere Rovers!!.

Been a lucky ground for the past 2 seasons!!.

Plenty of CATS coaches, cars, exiles, and you can get there and back by train!!.

:farmer:

IF we are lucky enough to win 4 out of the first 5 games, then i think we could get more than 1,500 on Saturday 9th Sept 06 for the game against Tranmere Rovers!!.

Been a lucky ground for the past 2 seasons!!.

Plenty of CATS coaches, cars, exiles, and you can get there and back by train!!.

:farmer:

Tranmere match has been moved to Friday night, because the Merseyside Derby is on that Saturday, so that will severely impact on numbers.

Archived