IGNORED

Danny Wilson Has To Go

Red Robin

Its quite simple guys we fluffed up at the end of last season when really promotion was there for the taking.

We are fluffing up this season big time.

Please open your eyes what we are seeing is alfull apart from QPR away bits agaist Southampton we are a pale shadow of the side from the majority of last season.

Steve Landsdown and co have to sort it now beforeit is to late.

At present mid table beckons and another season in this dire division.

If we cant escape this season how the hell are we ever going to do it.

Answers please I would gladly like to be made aware.

:sport5: :sport5: :sport5: :sport5: :sport5: :sport5: :sport5:

For a minute there, I thought my screen had suddenly gone back to 1979.

That is some serious retro-font. I'm off to the loft to dig out my dot-matrix printer and my Atari. I also have a hampering for a game of Ker-Plunk! :(

YEH! WHAT AN IDEA! Lets give away £1.5-2million to Wilson, making us not able to sign anyone for another 2 summers and putting us deeper in the financial struggle. Please, use your brain. The only way we should sack Wilson is if we fail to get Promotion unless we get to the Play-off Finals say.

The only way Wilson will go before May, is if another team takes him away in my view.

=The only way we should sack Wilson is if we fail to get Promotion unless we get to the Play-off Finals say.

Absolutely priceless

So for arguments sake we reach the playoffs?

(which if you are anywhere near this stratosphere and not the one of planet zog)

AINT going to HAPPEN, if we don't take some action NOW

but I'll assume we do for this point

We make the playoffs (Gawd knows how) We then miss out again...are you actually suggesting that would be enough to save Wilson and classed as satisfactory?

Delusion of the highest order, fool :(

Absolutely priceless

(which if you are anywhere near this stratosphere and not the one of planet zog)

We make the playoffs (Gawd knows how) We then miss out again...are you actually suggesting that would be enough to save Wilson and classed as satisfactory?

Delusion of the highest order, fool :(

heh we don't look like we will finish in the play offs but i said, if we get to the playoff finals as, maybe its worth another season, if we look good near the end and to save us some money keep him in. I Know SteveL is going on about stability, but if we fail to get to the play-offs in the words of Del Trotter 'Bonjour!'

Did someone mention the play-offs ?????!!!!!

The only time we reached the play-offs under Danny Wilson was against Cardiff. We lost 0-1 away. At home Danny Wilson played our top goal scorer - Scott Murray - out of position on the left side of the park and not the right side where he'd scored his 26 goals from. :(

If by some miracle we reach the play-offs this year I'm betting on Wilson playing Luke Wilkshire in goal and Phillips on the right wing. Expect to see Butler and Matt Hill leading our forward line with Tinman at left back. :Rage:

They sure did :Confused13:

I was beginning to think I was logged in to the wrong forum?

Playoffs? I wonder if they have thought of standup as a career move?

Thankyou RedGoblin for providing a sense of REAL in the mirk of all happy clappy bunkum

Reply to openend

I'm afraid the reality is that Danny Wilson manages BCFC. I was talking to a Sheff Weds supporter in the Ship and Castle prior to the Wednesday game. It's occurred to me that Danny Wilson could be going for getting his 3 year contract paid up by our gullible board of directors. The Sheff Weds fan told me that Wilson was paid to leave Wednesday with enough money to set him up very comfortably for life. I hope Wilson is not trying to play the same stunt on BCFC.

The only time we reached the play-offs under Danny Wilson was against Cardiff. We lost 0-1 away. At home Danny Wilson played our top goal scorer - Scott Murray - out of position on the left side of the park and not the right side where he'd scored his 26 goals from.  :D

If by some miracle we reach the play-offs this year I'm betting on Wilson playing Luke Wilkshire in goal and Phillips on the right wing. Expect to see Butler and Matt Hill leading our forward line with Tinman at left back.  :Rage:

Now, I respect the fact that:

1. Your a City fanatic and

2. You Disslike Wilson with a passion

BUT...

Murray started on the right, and he moved to the left in order to allow Amankwaah's pace the freedom of the right wing, and to confuse Cardiff. We had pace on both flanks and as soon as he moved to the left we had a little bit more joy in opening them up.

Wilson is tactically inept, true, but it's poor to critisise that particular move by him.

Reply to Godzilla

It was a cold evening for me sitting in the corner of the East End being blinded by the setting sun and having the Cardiff rendition of Zulu and Rorke's Drift booming in my ears.

I distinctly remember Scott Murray with his hand in the air screaming for the ball on the left wing in the second half. No one passed the ball to Murray when the bloke looked really up for ripping the Cardiff defence apart and scoring. That was the last I saw of Murray in a BCFC shirt and I'm still angry now over Wilson and the board letting Murray go.

Reply to Godzilla

It was a cold evening for me sitting in the corner of the East End being blinded by the setting sun and having the Cardiff rendition of Zulu and Rorke's Drift booming in my ears.

I distinctly remember Scott Murray with his hand in the air screaming for the ball on the left wing in the second half. No one passed the ball to Murray when the bloke looked really up for ripping the Cardiff defence apart and scoring. That was the last I saw of Murray in a BCFC shirt and I'm still angry now over Wilson and the board letting Murray go.

If the players don't give him the ball, or he fails to get himself in the game, then Wilson can't be blamed for everything.

PS. I can't believe I'm actually defending the idiot :D

Delusion of the highest order, fool :D

No, you're deluded.

Thought you're posts contained some sense of competancy when you started but to say that we'll never make the play-offs! HA!

We'll see my friend, but in the mean time I guess its kind of pointless you coming to support your club at AG right?

Guest redrobinfc

what position were we in this time last season. Its not evan xmas yet n your calling 4 dw head come on give the bloke a rest we only lost 3 games so far .Ok were playing poor but every team go through a bad spell at least give him till xmas n c what position we r in i honestly belive we will b in the top 6 by xmas remember football is a marathon not a sprint.

Contrary to how I may be coming across in my posts. I care passionately about OUR club

I HAVE nothing to gain from wanting to see us fail...the idea is rediculous

You have to be mad to think that I'm enjoying feeling the way I do, or getting any sort of satisfaction with whats happening

what position were we in this time last season

In truth not too far different from that of today, and I admit that. That is not the issue. It is the manner of our league performances this season, which have on the whole been garbage (exceptions 45mins v Swindon and 45 mins v QPR)

My discontent with the way our season is panning out is as follows

We are not scoring goals, and the real worry is we haven't looked capable

This time last season you say, ok...

this season = 19 goals scored

last season = 31

How many players were already well on the way to double figures?

We looked dangerous, and likely to score at any moment. I felt ENTERTAINED Mansfield Away a perfect example

Can you see us doing another Mansfield this season at the moment?

That is the reason I am disillusioned, NOT because I need something to moan about as some have implied

The fact is that the mere thought of another season in the wilderness fills me with dread and physical pain

Thankyou

• Admin
YEH! WHAT AN IDEA! Lets give away £1.5-2million to Wilson, making us not able to sign anyone for another 2 summers and putting us deeper in the financial struggle. Please, use your brain.......

good idea........

Wilson has a little over 2.67 years to go on his present contract. A compensation figure of £1.5m-£2m (assuming he is paid for EVERY contracted day from now) would mean he's on £560k-£750k a year (or £10k-£15k a week!). Unlikely!

Wilson is on closer to £200k a year (with bonuses tied in to take it to £250k if we go up) I believe which works out at around £667k compensation if we pay him up for his entire contract. Normally there'll be a clause built in (or compromise negotiated) whereby the parties agree to settle on an amount midway between the two datepoints. I therefore reckon compensation would be set at no more than £500k (and probably less).

Often the argument is put up that "City can't afford to sack Wilson" but it is also worth investigating what exactly needs to occure to introduce the word 'not' between 'afford' and 'to' in the above statement. Principally, this would come from reduction in attendances resulting in loss of revenue from ticket prices which would also affect merchandising, catering, programme etc sales but I'll ignore these periphery incomes in the pursuit of achieveing a conservative estimate (ie biased towards keeping DW as my 'general view' is to get rid).

I recall from a SteveL posting a year or so ago that after tax, differing prices for age-groups, season ticket prices etc, BCFC receive around £8.30 per bum-on-seat. Ignoring the price increases this season, I shall work with the above figure in the interests of conservatism.

Cost of Wilson's compensation: £500k

Number of tickets sold to recoup £500k = 60k

Number of home games remaining under Wilson's contract: 60 (assuming 0 home cup-ties)

Reduction in attendance per game required to make sacking Wilson cost effective: 1000

Last season's average crowd: 11,600

Current average crowd: 11,366

However, a simple reduction of crowds to 1000 less than last season's average would STILL only be 'borderline' cost effective as you're relying on the following season's crowds being the same. The truth is, they could be lower given lower expectation levels again or higher if in a following season we stumble across some good form/players/tactics. However, IF attendances start dropping into the 2000-3000 lower than last season's average (ie 8600-9600) bracket on a regular basis, I can see the current board members starting to 'fret' a little more at all the good work financially of recent seasons being undone.

The whole point about Wilson is that when he first came to the club he introduced a better brand of football, the passing game and and after a slow start it caught on and city began to play some good games, beating good teams (remember Reading 4-0?).

For the next couple of seasons City were improving year on year and last season looked one of the favourites to go up. They narrowly missed and people would assume City were one of the best bets to go up, based on their attacking ability and the never-say-die attitude that often snatched late winners.

This seaosn i have not seen any of that. City have lost a huge amount of firepower and the ability to attack effectively. Also they are not scoring in the last few minutes as frequently and I wonder what Wilson can bring afresh to the situation.

We all know that tactically he's inept. Everyone agrees on that. He plays players out of position, makes baffling substitutions and sends out teams that are tactically useless and naive at set-pieces.

So to the current situation I believe he has used up everything positive he can bring to a team. I am not sure that he can add anything new of benefit. He is stubborn and refuses to listen to sound advice so I'm afraid we will be stuck with the man until his contract is at an end. By then we may well be in Peterborough's position. Or even Huddersfield.

Archived