IGNORED

What Is Your Favorite Cider?

Flaxbourton Red

Westons........................ Thatchers...........and some odd ones from obscure cider farms.

'Old Rossie' has to be one of my all time best ever favs.

Mind you I had some interesting 'French' stuff brought back for me to try this summer....... it was a bit chewy and sweet but interesting none the less.

Oh well, back to 'Westons' for the best commercially available 'real' ciders in my opinion.

Did brew my own once and used a champagne yeast..... some dessert apples mixed with a few cookers...... the stuff came out like like 'Merrydown' ...... not a bad effort I thought + strong.

Don't let me tempt you to try brewing your own cider.... boys & girls....... but it can be fun even from a kit

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/cat10_1.htm

:farmer: Strongbow Well when i was 11 that was my favourite.

Now Cider made with Pears is excellent, don't know any brands but they're always the best

Disgusting - cider made from soap? There'll be frothing at the mouth at closing time

I have to say, there are generally only 4 ciders I tend to imbibe.

1. Natch- THE nectar of the gods and one of the West Countrys best kept secrets.

2. The mighty Blackthorn, the king of all readily available ciders

3. Cheddar Valley, it will turn you blind. Nuff said.

4. Thatchers, the original 'scrumpy' and still the best.

In fact as its my last day at my job today, I'm going to leave early and go into the pub next door and drink some cider. Just as an experiment to see if I like cider, not to get drunk. Honestly. :whistle:

magners with ice or woodpecker? :dunno:

:D

In fact as its my last day at my job today, I'm going to leave early and go into the pub next door and drink some cider. Just as an experiment to see if I like cider, not to get drunk. Honestly. :whistle:

Nicely nicely, fair play, was talkin about what I'd do on my last day the other day. It involved machetes etc etc, actually you ever seen falling down?

Any plans for pranks?

Is sambuca made from apples?

:D

Nicely nicely, fair play, was talkin about what I'd do on my last day the other day. It involved machetes etc etc, actually you ever seen falling down? Yep, and I can sympathise with him

Any plans for pranks? No mate, I just wanna get out of here and get drunk, although I am walking out at lunchtime, does that count?

Is sambuca made from apples? [Nope---Sambuca is a White Elder and anise-flavoured, usually colourless liqueur. Its most common varitey is often referred to as white Sambuca in order to differentiate it from derivative spirits that are deep blue in colour (known as black Sambuca) or bright red (red Sambuca).

magners with ice or woodpecker? :dunno:

Both are not classed as "cider" by CAMRA, and I'll leave it up to you to decide which one uses ammonia to clarify it, and has to import co2 from Poland!!.

Just goes to show what "marketing" does for a product!!

Tradition indeed!!, only been around for a couple of years!!.

Back to the original question in hand;

Hecks Kingston Black single variety is my favorite at the moment!!.

Cheers!!.

:farmer:

its not bad that magners stuff, when we played Tiverton, they were all drinking it in their little clubhouse.

ps, it's aimed at FEMALE cider drinkers!!.

:laugh:

i've got that problem up here in Wolves, but one bar does it, so i'm happy, everywhere else does strongbow or woodpecker.

Go to the Hogshead at 186 Stafford St, or the Newhampton, Riches St, Whitmore.

Or pop down to The Crown on 16 Holloway St, Upper Gornal or the Fountain Inn at 8, Temple St, Lower Gornal.

Go to the Hogshead at 186 Stafford St, or the Newhampton, Riches St, Whitmore.

Or pop down to The Crown on 16 Holloway St, Upper Gornal or the Fountain Inn at 8, Temple St, Lower Gornal.

Do hogshead do blackthorn?? never noticed that, probably go over there later, I only work across the road.

no chance am i going to walk through Whitmore Reans to go to the Newhampton, it's like Beruit round there.

:farmer: Strongbow Well when i was 11 that was my favourite.

Now Cider made with Pears is excellent, don't know any brands but they're always the best

Strictly speaking you mean 'Perry' ?

Westons do a very nice 'Cider Perry'

Old Rosie if i wanted to clean out my bowels

Blackthorn if i can find it out of a tap (don't like it from a can)

If i'm on a quiet night out, i'll have a gurt big bottle of thatchers perry, purely because it's so cheap

Right then........ when you consider that there is not the same tax duty on ciders and perry that there is on say beers, wines and spirits.......... do not be mugged by the super markets that charge for Ciders and such like it was premium larger or beer.........i.e pay way over for a bottle 500ml .... because that's what a super market would charge for a beer etc.

The best part probably being that the super markets screw the producer of these fine products and then try to mug us all just for extra profit ...... not for the producer but for the super market ;)

Okay you might have been talking about pub prices(?) but they again charge over the odds as well???

Archived