IGNORED

Wasn't Given A Chance...

mozo

Mozo, seems like no one is willing to offer an answer to your question what is a 'fair chance' and in all honesty it is probably down to ones personal point of view.

Take MS last season for example. Had a decent run of games in a struggling side under both Tinnion and Johnson but failed to live up to expectations. So you could say that he was given a fair chance.

But of course, when the team started to play better, he wasn't in it. If he'd been given a chance when the team was playing better, maybe he would have come good for us. Was it fair that he was left out? The improvement in results suggest it was fair but the inclusion of Bas Savage (who I think we all agree is a far worse player) suggest it wasn't.

Glad you noticed Redfive!

It's a strange one really and I bet every single club has a similarly lengthy list of players who 'weren't given a chance'.

I suppose the crux of it is that in a squad game not everyone can play so there'll always be a group of fans who don't get to see their favourites as often as others.

This forum time and again proves that fans interpret what they see on matchdays in a variety of contrasting ways.

Personally, I've never seen enough consistent quality from any of the names mentioned thus far to be gutted at their exclusion.

Stewart and Bridges might have 'a touch of class' but neither stood out in any of their appearances as 'special players', certainly not worthy of their wages (but other factors have been blamed for that by some, so who bloody knows??).

Archived