IGNORED

Fans And Managerial Disscusion

WTFiGO!?!

Does anyone on here ever have communication with Gary Johnson for discussion over his job?

ie-Team selections, formation choices, tactics etc.

I s'pose it's the old saying managers use about there being 10,000 managers in the stand and the ref's claiming there's 10,000 ref's all willing to give their opinion's but I'm beginning to find it all a little pointless and frustrating.

Apart from saying it's a shame there's not a GJ section I don't really know where I'm going with this, ah, as customers do you think we are entitled to a little more explanation about GJ's thoughts involving all things BCFC? How about that.....

Also, can you ever remember a manager of City acting upon fans' advice?

Does anyone on here ever have communication with Gary Johnson for discussion over his job?

I s'pose it's the old saying managers use about there being 10,000 managers in the stand and the ref's claiming there's 10,000 ref's all willing to give their opinion's but I'm beginning to find it all a little pointless and frustrating.

Apart from saying it's a shame there's not a GJ section I don't really know where I'm going with this, ah, as customers do you think we are entitled to a little more explanation about GJ's thoughts involving all things BCFC? How about that.....

No manager worth his salt would ever admit that he listened to the fans opinions, even if he had.No-one would want to be seen as weak willed.

The other point is that its not upto the manager to justify what he does or what players he might select.His reasons would be own and therefore confidential.There are certain things that have to remain out of the public domain and the managers decisions is one of them.

Actually we do get to hear his opinions. The media dept. do a great job with his interviews and ask a few questions that GJ wasn't expecting on the world interviews. They weren't voted best website in the football league for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a far more rounded view of our managers views than the vast majority of clubs.

Actually we do get to hear his opinions. The media dept. do a great job with his interviews and ask a few questions that GJ wasn't expecting on the world interviews. They weren't voted best website in the football league for nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a far more rounded view of our managers views than the vast majority of clubs.

What you get at post match interviews is usually comments on the team as a whole or like last week remarks like 'certain individuals'.

Ask yourself why Johnson didn't name those 'individuals'?

Because thats the type of information that is confidential and not for public consumption.You can bet your last quid on the fact that those 'individual's know exactly who they are.We fans are still guessing and thats how it should be.

I know that a lot of City fans were realy happy when Tony Pulis took their advice and went.

I know that a lot of City fans were realy happy when Tony Pulis took their advice and went.

...although in retrospect of course Pulis was absolutely right when he said that the culture at City was all wrong and it would take several years to sort out. Maybe if he'd stayed, he'd have cracked it, who knows? Certainly Danny Wilson never attempted to sort out the discipline, which is why we're in the same division we were when Pulis left.

...although in retrospect of course Pulis was absolutely right when he said that the culture at City was all wrong and it would take several years to sort out. Maybe if he'd stayed, he'd have cracked it, who knows?

If TP had stayed its fairly certain we'd have seen lots more 0 - 0 draws and wooooosh footy coupled with an average crowd of about 5,000.

No manager worth his salt would ever admit that he listened to the fans opinions, even if he had.No-one would want to be seen as weak willed.

The other point is that its not upto the manager to justify what he does or what players he might select.His reasons would be own and therefore confidential.There are certain things that have to remain out of the public domain and the managers decisions is one of them.

I think my point is, is that although it's natural and inevitable for fans to discuss such issues as strength in debt, have we just replaced/added mediocracy with/too mediocracy? the current Scott Brown issue, baffling substitutions etc etc it is in fact a completely futile excercise as we have no influence on anything even if a general consensus is agreed upon.

If these issues were put on an active 'Ask GJ Forum' then at leased we'd know the thought's of the one person of significance whether we agree with them or not. I don't see why the confidentiality of his thoughts are so important, possibly just to keep it tight to his chest from opposition spys.

Don't worry, I'm aware of the negative undertone of my sentiments and I know the function of that little cross in the box at the corner of my screen....

Fair do's. I don't have World due to the need for presumably direct debit and my inactive bank account.

...although in retrospect of course Pulis was absolutely right when he said that the culture at City was all wrong and it would take several years to sort out. Maybe if he'd stayed, he'd have cracked it, who knows? Certainly Danny Wilson never attempted to sort out the discipline, which is why we're in the same division we were when Pulis left.

Pulis was right regarding the players' drinking culture and general lack of professionalism. For all Pulis' fine analysis I was still glad to see the back of him and his whoooooooooosh football playing styles and rubbish signings. The real mistake came when the board of directors decided to appoint Danny Wilson - a manager totally incapable of sorting the problem. Fair play to Gary Johnson for getting to grips with this club's player culture problem.

What you get at post match interviews is usually comments on the team as a whole or like last week remarks like 'certain individuals'.

Ask yourself why Johnson didn't name those 'individuals'?

Because thats the type of information that is confidential and not for public consumption.You can bet your last quid on the fact that those 'individual's know exactly who they are.We fans are still guessing and thats how it should be.

It's what some people label 'spin spin spin'!

A boss can only say so much, and yes that's how it should be. I still harp back to Cloughie and his inimitable style and believe that bosses can have their odd traits so long as they know their football.

• Admin

John Ward responded to chants from the crowd to bring on Greg Goodridge and 40-odd games later we got promoted. We'll take the credit for that one I think............... :me?:

Archived