IGNORED

Black 3rd Shirts On Ebay!.........already!

bh_red

But it makes you wonder, apparently, it was only 1 per person, yet this seller appears to have 2.

In fairness, it would make me laugh if the tool only sells them for 99p (as quoted at the moment), unless of course, he has obtained them from some sort of back handed way :shifty:

Fair play to him.

He's only trying to take advantage of a ridiculous situation caused by our clubs narrow-mindedness.

If the club bothered to listen to fans or take note of comments, or at least read something in to the fans vote a couple of years back, they would realise this 3rd kit would be highly sought after and would order a sensible amount in all sizes.

250 in adult sizes only? WTF?

Let's all put bids in of £25,000,000 per shirt just as the auction closes!!.

;):rofl2br::farmer::city::handbags:

do it now, then noone else will bid and the owner will have to put the shirts back up.

I find this most annoying as the shirts have allbut sold out and as usual genuine City fans have missed out because of greedy individuals.

The club is fully to blame, another PR disaster.

what a crock ..............its two shirts not an avalanche and big deal if this chap makes a bit out of his entrepeneurship. Separate thread shows if there's enough demand club will try and get more if not those that are that keen can pay whatever the auction price ends up and get one. would much prefer it this way than the club overstocking and losing £'s- then there would be something to moan about

I'm agreeing with Megans dad here.

In fact I'd go as far as saying its a good PR move for the club. They've generated a lot of interest in a third-choice kit (if it hadnt been 'limited edition' would we really be so interested in it ?) and made a lot of money very fast. And once the excitement has died down they'll then bang out a few more for the people who didnt get one. Everyones happy.

Fair play to him.

He's only trying to take advantage of a ridiculous situation caused by our clubs narrow-mindedness.

If the club bothered to listen to fans or take note of comments, or at least read something in to the fans vote a couple of years back, they would realise this 3rd kit would be highly sought after and would order a sensible amount in all sizes.

250 in adult sizes only? WTF?

hold on! so your hammering the club because the bought bought a small amount of shirts that they didn't know if would popular or not, because they didn't want to get stuck with an un-wanted amount of sihrts they would have to make a loss on, sounds more likely sensible planning to me!

still......the club are damned if they do damned if they don't! whatever happens someone will have a moan!

None of my business bh_red, but does "bh" stand for "Big Hodge" by any chance?

:shifty:

nope? it stands for Barton Hill, when I first joined the old forum years and years ago I was living there and haven't bothered changing it even though I have long since moved/escaped

Scam Ebay Auctions......can't stand em.

Private bidders listing.....you can't check the feedback of other bidders to make sure its not the seller adding new id's and bidding himself.

Postage only even though its most likely to be a local purchase. You are not supposed to charge more than your postage costs so why should it matter if someone wants to collect. Wants to avoid identification I assume.

Even keeps his feedback private.

Avoid the auction. Wait for the next lot of shirts to come in.

Surely this is a way the "genuine fans" will be able to actually obtain a shirt. I would say that this person is doing a great service to those "genuine fans" by making this shirt available to the masses. And I would strongly doubt that he would make much money on the shirts, probably not a lot more than City would charge for a shirt.

Personally I think that we as "genuine fans" should all throw our toys out of the pram at every opportunity even when decisions are made in the best interests of the club.

Lansdown out, this is the final straw. Down with Capitalism.

i felt sorry for the Genuine Fans who don't live in bristol, such as , er , ME

PM me or one of the ST board members and we will get you on the list that the club have said we can compile, all we need is your name phone number and size you require, I would like to confirm that this is a list that will be accepted by the shop with regards to ordering more shirts.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63848

Scam Ebay Auctions......can't stand em.

Private bidders listing.....you can't check the feedback of other bidders to make sure its not the seller adding new id's and bidding himself.

Postage only even though its most likely to be a local purchase. You are not supposed to charge more than your postage costs so why should it matter if someone wants to collect. Wants to avoid identification I assume.

Even keeps his feedback private.

Avoid the auction. Wait for the next lot of shirts to come in.

I'm not saying this is a scam but I'm not convinced by the photo of the shirt shown. He has other items that he has photographed so why not these 2 shirts? :dunno:

hold on! so your hammering the club because the bought bought a small amount of shirts that they didn't know if would popular or not, because they didn't want to get stuck with an un-wanted amount of sihrts they would have to make a loss on, sounds more likely sensible planning to me!

still......the club are damned if they do damned if they don't! whatever happens someone will have a moan!

The well known OTIB some fans will moan about anything response. Predictable if nothing else.

So you tell me. What colour shirt did the fans want two season ago? How much interest has their been in this shirt expressed on here?

It was fairly obvious to anybody with an ounce of sense that this was a sought after item and that a measly 250 shirts; adults only at that would never satisfy demand.

Is it the fan's fault that the club didn't pick up on that?

Moaning for moanings sake. Get off the OTIB bandwagon; it's getting boring.

the black shirts were obviously a test run. The away shirts were either going to be black or what was chosen in this case, the white ones.

sell what the test ones to make a few quid, if enough interest, have some more made up. Better than leaving 250 shirts gathering dust in a corner.

the black shirts were obviously a test run. The away shirts were either going to be black or what was chosen in this case, the white ones.

sell what the test ones to make a few quid, if enough interest, have some more made up. Better than leaving 250 shirts gathering dust in a corner.

I think it was just a case of testing the water, problem is this season we have released possibly the best 2 looking non-home kits that I can think of for......well ages! I can't remember the last time there was an away kit that was so well received by fans and then they go and stick in the lush looking 3rd kit.

The well known OTIB some fans will moan about anything response. Predictable if nothing else.

So you tell me. What colour shirt did the fans want two season ago? How much interest has their been in this shirt expressed on here?

It was fairly obvious to anybody with an ounce of sense that this was a sought after item and that a measly 250 shirts; adults only at that would never satisfy demand.

Is it the fan's fault that the club didn't pick up on that?

Moaning for moanings sake. Get off the OTIB bandwagon; it's getting boring.

Maybe there was an initial decision for a run of 250 shirts to be made a long time ago. Given the fact that in the past shirts have not sold that well why should City take the risk and make a huge amount. For example the limited edition shirt with all the names on it, which didn't sell out very easily. The gold LDV final shirts didn't sell out.

It probably takes a lot of time to set up a batch production of shirts, and the time between the order being made, the release of details and the response and demand from fans City will be able to assess whether it is worth their while making it available again and doing a second production run.

Taking all that into consideration I stand by my stance and have decided that the only possable explanation is that the board are out to get genuine fans and they should be sacked at the first opportunity and thank god for the supporters trust.

Maybe there was an initial decision for a run of 250 shirts to be made a long time ago. Given the fact that in the past shirts have not sold that well why should City take the risk and make a huge amount. For example the limited edition shirt with all the names on it, which didn't sell out very easily. The gold LDV final shirts didn't sell out.

It probably takes a lot of time to set up a batch production of shirts, and the time between the order being made, the release of details and the response and demand from fans City will be able to assess whether it is worth their while making it available again and doing a second production run.

Taking all that into consideration I stand by my stance and have decided that the only possable explanation is that the board are out to get genuine fans and they should be sacked at the first opportunity and thank god for the supporters trust.

I'm sure it does take a lot of time to set everything up. But, it was obvious from the offset that this shirt would be popular and the upshot is that 2 out of 250 shirts (at least) are now on e-bay and will probably be bought for more than the going rate. This was an obvious consequnce of short-sightedness.

I firmly believe that by close of play Saturday, 750 to 1,000 shirts would be sold. There may not even ever be more than 250 made available; that's a big money loss, unless the fans in question buy a different shirt. I won't be; I only want the black one.

As for your last paragraph; bizarre. But, you are allowed your opinion.

Archived