IGNORED

Black 3rd Shirts On Ebay!.........already!

bh_red

What have the supporters Trust got to do with it, all they've done is be reactive rather than proactive. You can contact the shop and give your details why does the ST need to get involved?

Any slightly bad publicity for the club is good publicity for the supporters trust.

I'm sure it does take a lot of time to set everything up. But, it was obvious from the offset that this shirt would be popular and the upshot is that 2 out of 250 shirts (at least) are now on e-bay and will probably be bought for more than the going rate. This was an obvious consequnce of short-sightedness.

I firmly believe that by close of play Saturday, 750 to 1,000 shirts would be sold. There may not even ever be more than 250 made available; that's a big money loss, unless the fans in question buy a different shirt. I won't be; I only want the black one.

As for your last paragraph; bizarre. But, you are allowed your opinion.

If too many had been made then rather than two being sold for too much, then maybe tens or hundreds would have had to be sold at loss or gone unsold by the club.

How long is that list of people who would like to buy the shirt?? I doubt it is 750 to 1000 long. And for 750 to 1000 people to have bought it then that would mean about one in 10 people at the game on saturday would have bought one.

One of the reasons demand was so high was probably because it was a limited edition shirt. And if there really is some genuine demand for the shirt, I would guess at another 250 upwards, then I am sure the club will do a re-run and before christmas everybody can have their super duper shirt.

What have the supporters Trust got to do with it, all they've done is be reactive rather than proactive. You can contact the shop and give your details why does the ST need to get involved?

It's difficult for the Trust to make proactive stances when like every other fan we only get to hear decisions when they're announced. By the very nature of that position we can only be reactive. However, that should change from next week now that there's an elected fans' representative attending board meetings.

For the record, I e-mailed the Club to ask if the Trust could co-ordinate a small percentage of sales to exiles but after waiting patiently for a reply I realised too late that e-mailing Dave Wenn in the same week that he left the Club was not the best way to get a response. :doh:

Don't get me wrong Milo, I wasn't having a go.

I also emailed the club about the lack of availability to exiles and the response was that the decision had been made and advertised.

But why should the club need the ST to co-ordinate a sale of some shirts to exiles? Are you wiping their backsides for them next week?

Edit: PS someone will have been receiving David Wenn's emails, they won't have just disappeared into the ether.

Ihope the ST can come up with better ways of gaining publicity and support other than just jumping on the latast bandwagon to justify it's existence.

Not trying to gain publicity at all I asked the question when I was in the shop this afternoon whether we could help compile a list which could then be passed onto the shop, and was told that the ST could, I'm sorry if you feel that this is a way of trying to get publicity but I can assure you its not, I myself was unable to get down to the shop on Tuesday, and when I went today they had sold out of the size I wanted.

All I was trying to do was help the fact that the more people that ask for shirts (by however means, and by all means feel free to contact the shop yourself) the more likely they are to order some more.

Dammed if we do and dammed if we don't it would seem

This forum is a means by which you can speak to and contact other City fans, and thats all we were trying to do. And we arent wiping anybodies backsides, just merely trying to help, we approached Mark Weston, not the other way round, we were just offering to help.

But why should the club need the ST to co-ordinate a sale of some shirts to exiles? Are you wiping their backsides for them next week?

I agree, of course they shouldn't need the Trust to co-ordinate a sale of shirts that includes exiles but if the Club aren't going to do it then we either say "oh well, the Club aren't going to do it" or we see if we can do something about it - as indeed you did. There's so many things we'd like to see different about the way our Club goes about things and tackling each small item as it crops up is better than not trying. I'll find out a bit more about the rationale for this decision in the board meeting I attend next week and I'll see if we can get a more inclusive policy for situations such as this in the future.

Edit. I hope you're right that Dave Wenn's emails are being read.

As an exile , cant say it bothers me, gives me a chance to get one if bidding goes silly then fair do's

i'll not be mugged i'll just wait and hope more are released.

pretty sure more will be released anyway, i got the impression there getting alot of calls from exiles

Well said that man!! :chant6ez::chant6ez:

• Admin

Because it can be done quickly, easily and at no cost by PMing a member of the ST Board on this forum. It can also be done outside of office hours.

As you'll know I am not part of the ST but if I was I would find it annoying that people criticise them for seemingly innocuous offers of assistance such as this.

typical! some people trying to make a profit! hopefully this person will make a loss on them!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIMITED-EDITION-BLAC...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIMITED-EDITION-BLAC...1QQcmdZViewItem

For info, the XL shirt is already going to cost the sucesful bidder a minimum £48 AND there is still 8 days 19 hours left on the auction.

Seller has set a minimum charge of £7 for delivery with no collection allowed. What a con. Hopefully the succesful bidder will 'Out' the seller after the transaction has completed.

For info, the XL shirt is already going to cost the sucesful bidder a minimum £48 AND there is still 8 days 19 hours left on the auction.

Seller has set a minimum charge of £7 for delivery with no collection allowed. What a con. Hopefully the succesful bidder will 'Out' the seller after the transaction has completed.

it's crazy!!!

I've sent the seller a message asking who the postage is so high and he just said because that's how much it will cost to send!! some people take the Piss! feel half tempted just to stick £500 bid on the item! it's only one negative feedback

Surely this is a way the "genuine fans" will be able to actually obtain a shirt. I would say that this person is doing a great service to those "genuine fans" by making this shirt available to the masses. And I would strongly doubt that he would make much money on the shirts, probably not a lot more than City would charge for a shirt.

Hmmmm if he/she is an ST holder they are already making 40% profit on the XL shirt selling at todays price (£49 incl P&P).

I assume they'll be donating the profits to the academy or a local charity.

I've just been over the club to sort my tickets for Saturday and lo and behold, there is still an XXL left, just for little ole me. Yes, I drown in it a bit, but, after asking the question (to an anonymous person) of whether they expect to order any more, the "highly unlikely" response did not feel me with confidence.

At the end of the day, i'm only going to frame it along with the un-worn signed Jacki shirt (courtesy of Edson and Tom), so, size doesn't matter!! :o

• Admin

I've just been over the club to sort my tickets for Saturday and lo and behold, there is still an XXL left, just for little ole me. Yes, I drown in it a bit, but, after asking the question (to an anonymous person) of whether they expect to order any more, the "highly unlikely" response did not feel me with confidence.

At the end of the day, i'm only going to frame it along with the un-worn signed Jacki shirt (courtesy of Edson and Tom), so, size doesn't matter!! :o

Alternatively, put it on a very hot wash and hope it shrinks the right amount :D

Alternatively, put it on a very hot wash and hope it shrinks the right amount :D

You've stumbled on to something there.

If I put it on a long hot-wash and it shrunk enough, I could end up with the only youth sized black shirt. E-bay here I come; it can't fail!! :dance:

PM me or one of the ST board members and we will get you on the list that the club have said we can compile, all we need is your name phone number and size you require, I would like to confirm that this is a list that will be accepted by the shop with regards to ordering more shirts.

With reference to Dollys Offer of Help, As ive stated to her in an E.Mail, Thanks

Very kind to offer to help, however i had already phoned the shop and left my name.

Seems a tad bit , Nay extremely harsh to get slated for just tryin to be helpful, I think some

people need to take some chill pills :w00t:

Archived