IGNORED

Comments From A Brentford Fan

headhunter

My pal who supports the Bees is surprised at how well they have started the season despite losing a few key players. He says Leroy has got them playing some decent stuff rather than big boot.

Based on performances so far he is surprised that we let Heywood go - I said if he can stay injury free then that level of performance can be expected.

What is more interesting is the comments that were in their local rag or perhaps the programme. Heywood was reported as saying [or words to this effect] " ... took a 30% pay cut to come to Brentford and get first team football ... can see why players come here [brentford] for less as the club has a really good atmosphere of unity and commitment which makes a change from the 12 months at Bristol City".

Never mind the rights or wrongs of Heywood's departure but whenever I 've been to Griffin Park they always seem to give it their all and play at the tempo that GJ suggests we do [or should be doing].

So, onto tonight .... we've already had talk of regrouping [showumni on main site] if we win tonight rest assured the well used "this result has kick started our season" will appear amongst the quotes.

And if we lose ..... ???

I see it like this. Heywood found himself probably further down the pecking order here than he would have liked. Our manager wasn't the one who brought him to the club, he had a season where he was dogged by injury and his games here was going to be limited.

He has moved to a club that wants him, all starting a new fresh era after Martin Allen and he feels positive. I read too he took a paycut but no % stated. Maybe it isn't such a difference in money, and that his 30% loss was subject to games played etc?

Based on performances so far he is surprised that we let Heywood go - I said if he can stay injury free then that level of performance can be expected.

What is more interesting is the comments that were in their local rag or perhaps the programme. Heywood was reported as saying [or words to this effect] " ... took a 30% pay cut to come to Brentford and get first team football ... can see why players come here [brentford] for less as the club has a really good atmosphere of unity and commitment which makes a change from the 12 months at Bristol City".

keeping injury free is a lottery.

we've had many , many players who have come in, got broken and never performed. Only to move on and restart their careers(Dyche for one). it's not unusual. (there are also plenty who have gone on and continued to be broken and crap - Matthews)

But two things stick out. he's taking a pay cut. - fine, it seems we're paying 20-30% more than Brentford. Should we be? or is Heywood on an old pay rate that GJ doesn't have available to him.

I thought the board and FD had control over pay - perhaps we need to be more realistic about what we pay for the level of football we are stuck in. we seem to use the wage issue as an excuse for our loss making, but SL has been across this for more than 10 years. Why isn't this in check?(Stewart?)

Brentford could be seen to have matched our performances over the last few seasons, but they do have call over London based players which makes a difference.

secondly, Matts reference to the 'last 12 months' smacks once again of turmoil that is still not extinguished at the club. When are we finally going to have an end to the bad blood and schisms that seem to plague our squad? I don't want to re-ignite the old issues, but a managers job is to unify and work with ALL the squad.

there's something rotten in the state of Denmark methinks.

My pal who supports the Bees is surprised at how well they have started the season despite losing a few key players. He says Leroy has got them playing some decent stuff rather than big boot.

Never mind the rights or wrongs of Heywood's departure but whenever I 've been to Griffin Park they always seem to give it their all and play at the tempo that GJ suggests we do [or should be doing].

So, onto tonight .... we've already had talk of regrouping [showumni on main site] if we win tonight rest assured the well used "this result has kick started our season" will appear amongst the quotes.

And if we lose ..... ???

The really good atmosphere is down to the lesser expectancy levels atr brentford. My mate is a season ticket holder a and i have been to a couple of games. They have played badly on occations , but they didn`t get the level of abuse that our players /manager got on Saturday ( i am not saying that our boys didn`t deserve it ) but i am saying that there is a bad atmosphere at the gate.

The really good atmosphere is down to the lesser expectancy levels atr brentford. My mate is a season ticket holder a and i have been to a couple of games. They have played badly on occations , but they didn`t get the level of abuse that our players /manager got on Saturday ( i am not saying that our boys didn`t deserve it ) but i am saying that there is a bad atmosphere at the gate.

I wonder why ??

And if we lose ..... ???

Heywood is prob telling the truth :crying:

Archived