IGNORED

Booing At The End

Guest Neo

What was that about. OK it wasn't the best performance.

It's bad enough doing it if your team is in a relegation dog-fight. But doing it just because of a slightly dodgy week after a run of 11 consecutive wins is utterly disgraceflu IMHO.

Appendum to my fans post earlier when I said all fans are equal no matter whether they attend 1 game a season or every game :-

"people who boo off their own so-called teams are not fans; just idiots who expect to much all of the time".

I agree also, the boys didn't do to well, but i heard a few screams of, what a waste of money, and yet these were 13-14 year old's, being fully serious who obviously paid a pound to get in - Morons, and i had to remember our good run after seeing that, we've climbed to second, dare i say it, i'm a little worried..................

I wonder if the QPR fans booed their players off at half-time when they were 0-1 down or if they got right behind their team and inspired them on to a win. Our so called supporters were getting on the players backs when we were 1-0 up, it beggars belief! 13 games, 11 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat and they booed!!

• Admin
I wonder if the QPR fans booed their players off at half-time when they were 0-1 down or if they got right behind their team and inspired them on to a win.
Probably, they did last time they were 1-0 down at half time

Edit: actually, thinking back, usually when a City team is booed off at half time they do enough in the second half to escape boos at the end. Maybe we should take to booing at half-time no matter what the score?

Guest bristol south end

People pay there money and if they want to boo so be it thats there right,afterall it was a shocking dislplay from some,against what was another pi$$ poor team just one shot on target for the second game in a row from our opponents and we cant even handle that,this inability to beat all these $hite teams at the bottom is going to cost us dear and our lack of a goal poacher is staringly obvious and if we are not careful we are going to suffer the same pain as last year for exactly the same reason, NO POACHER,lets hope that danny sorts it out before its to late

agree boo-ing was out of order, but let's face it tonight was really frustrating!

City fans do expect a lot, and yes we want to see the team win all the time, especialy at home, so is painful when against ###### poor opposition we only manage a draw. But still would not boo the team off.

Makes me wonder why some people go to football matches! :rolleyes:

Guest city slicker 71
People pay there money and if they want to boo so be it thats there right,afterall it was a shocking dislplay from some,against what was another pi$$ poor team just one shot on target for the second game in a row from our opponents and we cant even handle that,this inability to beat all these $hite teams at the bottom is going to cost us dear and our lack of a goal poacher is staringly obvious and if we are not careful we are going to suffer the same pain as last year for exactly the same reason, NO POACHER,lets hope that danny sorts it out before its to late
I never booed' though when I got there my spine was playing up and by the end of that listless rubbish I was more than livid. The East End was the only entertainment tonight and deserved better and no we didn't all pay a quid to get in, this fickle city fan tag is dead the real truth is they expect more cash from us so in return we expect more than that served up, its a viscious circle made so by financial greed, we don't drive their cars nor do we need any lectures about doing our stint.

SINCERELY,

I wasnt surprised, by it, just saddened. The whole performance wasnt what you would expect of a team, who got beat in the very last minute of an eleven match winning run, or a side keen to make amends for that shocking performance gainst Wycombe away. It was a er, yeah, whatever type of performance. aimless, drifting, I cant really describe it! Miller was MOTM, and yet again pulled off.

DW made one mistake, playing Hill from the start, it wernt worth risking him starting, but hey,no-ones perfect

I have seen city play this way against bottom of the table teams year in year out and they never change. They just cannot raise their games and I fully expected this sort of performance. I was not surprised, just another bad performance to a long-suffering City supporter.

Even in the Alan Dicks era City were the same. Play the top teams and you get committment and effort; against a team at the bottom its a pile of listless kack.

What we needed was for someone in the middle (Wilkshire) to grab the game by the conkers and dominate it but he passed responsibility and kept on going sideways or backwards or even misplaced passes, rather like watching Burnell earlier this season but without the effort.

It upset me greatly. My friend said "we havent heard those boo's around Ashton Gate for a long time" At the start of the season when we were on our poor run someone said to you "next 13 games, 11 you're going to win, 1 you're going to lose and 1 draw" i would of said yes please, thankyou very much..... The booing was very un-nesessary and the players didnt deserve it.

It wasnt the best performance by far and we should of beaten them last night although they put in a very decent first half and it just wasnt our luck when they had 1 shot on goal and converted it into a goal where we had twice as many and we could only convert one.

Peacock frustrated me to the max last night and Miller ran his soaks off AGAIN.... Hopefully Wilson will give them all a good kick up the backside before Saturday and i would like to see him start Miller and Lita (Never thought id hear myself say that) Never the less, its still in our sights to clinch that automatic promotion spot and I'm not panicing too much yet :rolleyes:

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Maybe we don't deserve promotion if this is the response the players will get. Just imagine it won 11 out of 11 lost 1 drawn 1 and you get booed off by your own fans. Thats really going to motivate the players isn't it. If the fans turn up expecting a win then maybe thats something that rubs off on the players. If were talking about player commitements how many people can say 'Yes I really got behind them all game and I gave it my all for the team as well:?

Why should a professional football player on the brink of Division One need "Motivating" ?  :rolleyes:
It doesn't matter who you are, what job you do, how successful you have been. If people seem to ignore your successes and only criticise your failures you will become demotivated.

I don't boo the team hardly ever and didn't last night. But surely the fans are allowed to tell the team they aren't pleased with their performance? How is booing any different to not clapping? I can't see it being a big deal, booing has the same effect as not clapping surely? Some fans boo some don't clap that's life I'm afraid.

Maybe we don't deserve promotion if this is the response the players will get. Just imagine it won 11 out of 11 lost 1 drawn 1 and you get booed off by your own fans. Thats really going to motivate the players isn't it. If the fans turn up expecting a win then maybe thats something that rubs off on the players. If were talking about player commitements how many people can say 'Yes I really got behind them all game and I gave it my all for the team as well:?
Can we please forget about the "we've won eleven on the trot" its history and will not help us in future games. Perhaps if the players realised that they would not need motivating. In this money orientated world fans are going to boo if they are not entertained, not getting a win or just purely frustrated, what else should they do because after reading the reports of last nights game I would say the players deserved it.

Just because someone boo's it doesn't make them less of a fan!

Half of those on here who are saying I didn't boo and never do probably come on here critisizing there own players anyway, so whats the difference.

Think of the future, think promotion and get behind the players during a game, if they deserve stick after it so be it, thats life, If I have a #### day at the office I get a boolocking from those who pay my wages, what makes the players any different?

Can I just add one l'il point. For those that do "boo"; how old are you?

I'm intrigued cos I get embarrased at my 33 years young doing this at pantomine.

I can vaguely remember booing a team when I was about 8; I even did the both thumbs down bit that normally accompanies this strange behaviour.

Can any of the grown men on here who did join, please tell me if they did the thumbs down bit as well? Even better who did the "boooooooooo-rubbish-boooooooooo-rubbish" interchange. This really impresses me as it is a difficult skill for most delinquents! :rolleyes:

I merely sigh and shake my head when things go wrong, I just can't bring myself to boo, its beneath me. This may well be down to the fact I've watched City for 34 years and frankly I'm all boo-ed out.

The boo-ing was from such a tiny minority its barely worthy of comment.

I could see hundreds of faces shuffling (well their feet were anyway) below me in front of the GWR Stand as the final whistle went and there were no booers amongst them.

Just disappointed, resigned, seen it all before and quiet.

Perhaps it was because the masses were so contemplative that the few booers were heard at all.

In any case, there were alot more people in the Atyeo who clapped the team off as they went down the tunnel than booers.

Also, we'd had a very late penalty appeal turned down. Isn't it likely most audible discontent was aimed at the officials rather than the team?

But they know that people that don't clap or even those that boo still support the team and will be back next game they can make. I bet some season ticket holders booed but it doesn't mean they won't be at the next home game. Just think clapping them was the wrong thing to do last night cos they didn't deserve a clap.

If the fans want to boo, then they will boo.  :rolleyes:

I will admit to just getting up and walking out tonight though, as did a large proportion of the crowd.

Sorry ,trying to do multiple quotes(part-time r,booo get off the thread your're ######## - 11 posts in a row and then he loses it,get someone else in to do the typing)

But yeah,thats about as much as i'll do as well.

Archived