IGNORED

Bradley Orr vs Louis Carey

Red Wardy

Orr doesnt seem to do much wrong .. Carey steams into him screaming what looks like some very rude words in his face..... Orr acts like a complete #### and starts arguing back, then pushes his forehead into his face... Carey acts like a complete #### and has to be restrained from hitting Orr properly.

To me - that's two idiots behaving stupidly, and they should both get fined two weeks wages. But if Carey had backed off like a sometime-captain he's supposed to be, then we're still in this game properly.

And this doesnt mean there are "serious problems in the dressed room" - i see a team out there fighting for every ball and pusing for a win despite having one less man - and I don't think you get that level of committment unless they really *want* to win, and you don't want to win if you don't like the guys you're playing with.

Anyway - we're doing alright right now. We might even win, eh?

McCallister is crap though eh?

...oops, I mean he doesnt do much wrong to trigger Carey's rant... obviously walking over to Carey and practically nutting him is very wrong indeed!!

don't know who McCallister is :dunno:

he doesn't play for us.

On the other hand McAllister played well.he is still finding his feet

in the english league and his fitness, but he showed he can attack

and put some good runs from left back

Carey has every right to go for Orr. If any colleague of mine came up to me foaming at their mouth and pushed their forehead in my face then they would get a slap.

Orrs past record doesnt bode too well for him either...

I agree, i would give him a slap too. But if anyone deserved a red card it was Carey.

To add a little bit of levity to this thread

I've just Listened to Bradley on World...Is Uncondolable really a word??

However...The players will get over this pretty quickly, if we let them, and to use a very worn cliche, It may have just kick started our season...

A great performance!! :englandsmile4wf:

Carey has every right to go for Orr. If any colleague of mine came up to me foaming at their mouth and pushed their forehead in my face then they would get a slap.

Orrs past record doesnt bode too well for him either...

Find that pretty strange. It looked to me like Carey was the first one to make it a physical confrontation by squaring up.

Both of them were idiots, and I can't fathom why you think Carey is blameless.

Find that pretty strange. It looked to me like Carey was the first one to make it a physical confrontation by squaring up.

Both of them were idiots, and I can't fathom why you think Carey is blameless.

Argue, fair enough, shout your mouth off, fair enough, but keep your arms by your side and your forehead away from my face.

Bradley has a streak in him he cant control, and thats a big worry for a professional footballer.

Argue, fair enough, shout your mouth off, fair enough, but keep your arms by your side and your forehead away from my face.

Bradley has a streak in him he cant control, and thats a big worry for a professional footballer.

It was Carey who went towards Orr first though wasn't it? And he raised his arms? Why did he need to react to getting a mouthful off Orr?

They were both idiots, and Carey was damned lucky because retaliation would usually be punished worse.

Guest SteveA

I agree his temper is a problem but plenty of players with temper do well in football.

If channeled correctly his passion and agression could make him a very soild player for City.

I agree with you, up until the over reaction. Carey is completley innocent, you don't square up, foaming at the mouth to your vice captain and try and headbutt him.

Orr has a mean streak in him that could cost him his job.

Needs to sort it.

As for doing the interviews, all aboard the BCFC media circus... Whoo Whoo!

not the BCFC media circus the interviews were done by sky, the guy was also really pressing for dirt as well! good on him!

as for Carey he deserves a ban as well I'm afriad, I don't want it to happen, but you can raise your hands to another player, he swung for him,

It was Carey who went towards Orr first though wasn't it? And he raised his arms? Why did he need to react to getting a mouthful off Orr?

They were both idiots, and Carey was damned lucky because retaliation would usually be punished worse.

So what if Carey went shouting at Orr? I want him too. He is the seasoned pro and vice captain. If Orr thinks differently, then shout back.

But they both came together and Bradley stuck his forehead in.

Sorry Nibor, I'm firmly in the Carey camp.

So what if Carey went shouting at Orr? I want him too. He is the seasoned pro and vice captain. If Orr thinks differently, then shout back.

As a seasoned pro and vice-captain surely this makes his retaliation even less acceptable. Lucky to stay on the pitch, strictly speaking should have gone.

They're both City players, they're quite close mates apparently so let's hope as Carey was saying it really is ''just one of those things''.

he pushed is head into careys face in what looked like a row over who was picking who up, carey lost it a bit aswell but it was handbags from 2 players who both wanted to win a football match.

at least it shows they both want to earn there corn, we played well tonight and impressed armchair fans around the country, despite having 10 men, we allways looked like we were going to win the game.

despite all this, people still moan.

if i was a manager in the 1st div, id look at that tonight and give us a load of respect.

Umm I think we're talking at cross purposes a bit.

From what I saw (and heard Carey say in the interview) it was Orr giving Carey mouth which Carey reacted to. And then Orr reacted even more stupidly.

Sorry but there is no way on earth Carey was blameless.

Clearly there is tension in the camp, probably far more than we realise with Friday approaching and so on.

Why did the ref not just give Orr & Carey a Yellow Card each, as there was no advantage to be gained from their actions by Northampton?

Credit to the 10 men, Brooker scored a valuable goal, and to be fair, whatever went on in the dressing room at half time galvinised the remaining Players to Rally together, Basso made 3 saves that were crucial, so job done.

Can't excuse the incident, as all Players should be professional, but i think it showed that like us, they are human after all, and the whole thing, and the start so far has been getting to them as well.

everyone is full of remorse after tonight, it would have been worse had we lost, we haven't, we're half way up the table, get Friday out of the way and move on !

Having watched it a number of times I have come to the conclusion that Carey was more to blame than Orr was. Yes Orr was wrong to push his head into Carey but it wasn't a head butt he was just squaring up to him as you do. It was Carey who overreacted and made the situation what it was so Carey should have gone off instead of Orr or at least picked up a yellow.

The interviews were fascinating, both players have huge passion for the club, but i think you have to treat them seperately.

Firstly, Carey is the senior pro, and as a centre half what he says goes. He is the innocent party in my eyes, dispite the over-reaction.

Orr however, despite the honest and heartfelt interview, was out of order. he had no right to have a pop at carey, and i think by the state of his eyes after the game, realises he's in big trouble. I like Orr, but i feel, with the court case coming up, his days may be numbered.

Great result for the lads though, battled to the end and cotterill was outstanding. Back on track.

Being a senoir pro Carey should of walked away. They are both to blame.

Both to blame for what went on, but 3 points is 3 points... :chant6ez:

I have to say well done to David Cotterill for picking up the Man of the Match award, as he thoroughly deserved it after his excellent display tonight... :dance:

Gary Johnson also has to take some credit for continuing to get us playing Attacking Football (what Bristol City knows best), and seemingly getting us to have more Determination and Fight (quite literally in the end) than Northampton, to go on and actually win the game! :farmer:

That's the first time in a long time, (if ever), that I've seen City play the way they did, not so much after we went down to 10 men, but even when we had 11 men on the field, as I thought we totally outplayed Northampton for the entire 90 minutes, despite our Defence being very rocky at the back at times, which I must admit, does need some "big" improvements, especially as Northampton could have scored a fair few more goals tonight...

...But our Midfield and Attack was absolutely spot on, and I couldn't have asked for anything more than we got! :D

Gotta love these "I'm a better supporter than you" posts.

Do you know what fickle actually means?

The standard of football was good going forward, crap in defence.

What do you really expect people to post 5 minutes after a player gets sent off for an altercation with a teammate? Or should everyone just wait so we can post in such a calm, collected and superior manner with the benefit of hindsight?

Frankly I'd feel more foolish if I'd posted the ridiculous comments you just have rather than some of the obviously over emotional ones people did in that half time break.

Yeah i know what fickle means it's in the dictionary between phick and philistine.

Gotta love these "I'm a better supporter than you" posts.

Do you know what fickle actually means?

The standard of football was good going forward, crap in defence.

What do you really expect people to post 5 minutes after a player gets sent off for an altercation with a teammate? Or should everyone just wait so we can post in such a calm, collected and superior manner with the benefit of hindsight?

Frankly I'd feel more foolish if I'd posted the ridiculous comments you just have rather than some of the obviously over emotional ones people did in that half time break.

Well done Nibor, Great post. I have had time to digest the events of last night - and indeed the second half performance and I still think there is something wrong within the squad/club. Carey is City through and through and deserves respect, not a nut to the chops from a player who has played about half a season for us - not the first time he has disgraced the club.

I still think we were lucky against woeful opposition (McAllister's header anyone?). Cotterill and Basso were outstanding and deserve the Lions share of the credit. They set a fine example to their team-mates.

I would be happy to just fine them and forget it, reckon they both had "the red mist".

Both are among my fav players and i would not wanna see people calling for them to leave, that would be stupid.

Forgive and forget!

2-1 :w00t:

i agree orr apologised fine them both and move ORR HAS BEEN OUR BEST DEFENDER RECENTLY :englandsmile4wf: while our centre halfs have struggled it was only handbags and if it was not on tv it would have blown over all ready its unfortunate but no one died :pray:

he will get dealt with by the club within closed doors and once his ban is over will get his chance of a 1st team place like everyone else, these incidents happen in football all the time, you can blame both players for getting carried away in the heat of the moment, but it's actually nice to see that they actually care!

personally I hope it isn't the last we have seen of Bradley Orr

GOOD SENSIBLE POST AND I TOTALLY AGREE

IMO louis Carey was right to chastise ORR for the goal because he did not learn from his mistake .

However none of us like to be bollocked but you do not react like that on the pitch .

At half time i thought he should be sacked as he is in the last chance saloon,after calming down and thought about it properly if he channels his energy in the right place he will learn from it and become a better player.

And after THAT INTERVIEW he has gone up in mine and probably most city fans estimation.

WITHOUT A DOUBT

Well done Nibor, Great post. I have had time to digest the events of last night - and indeed the second half performance and I still think there is something wrong within the squad/club. Carey is City through and through and deserves respect, not a nut to the chops from a player who has played about half a season for us - not the first time he has disgraced the club.

I still think we were lucky against woeful opposition (McAllister's header anyone?). Cotterill and Basso were outstanding and deserve the Lions share of the credit. They set a fine example to their team-mates.

haha made me laugh - a nut to the chops?? you are joking right?? It was nothing, who has not had a row with a mate when you were a bit younger?

Archived