IGNORED

Miller & Peacock

Bristol Boy

Miller 28 Apps 8 Goals A goal every 3.5 games or 13 a season.

Currently costing £40,625 per goal.

Peacock Apps 28 12 Goals A goal every 2.33 games or 20 a season.He cost us £600k so that would be £50k a goal on a comparative basis.

Lita 21 sub appearances at, say, have 15 minutes each, that's 3.5 games.He's scored 4 times.That equates to 53 goals a season and he cost nothing.

I'll say no more and perhaps Christian Roberts main criticism and sulk could be that he was replaced by Miller on the basis that we needed someone to score goals!

I'll hold back on judging Lita until he's had a proper run in the team, but I have to say that I don't back Roberts, Peacock or Miller to score 10 a season in Div One.......IF, big if, we get there.

Miller 28 Apps 8 Goals A goal every 3.5 games or  13 a season.

Currently costing £40,625 per goal.

Peacock Apps 28 12 Goals A goal every 2.33 games or 20 a season.He cost us £600k so that would be £50k a goal on a comparative basis.

Lita 21 sub appearances at, say, have 15 minutes each, that's 3.5 games.He's scored 4 times.That equates to 53 goals a season and he cost nothing.

I'll say no more and perhaps Christian Roberts main criticism and sulk could be that he was replaced by Miller on the basis that we needed someone to score goals!

I'll hold back on judging Lita until he's had a proper run in the team, but I have to say that I don't back Roberts, Peacock or Miller to score 10 a season in Div One.......IF, big if, we get there.

I think your being a bit harsh are you not. :rolleyes:

Granted Lee Miller currently isnt scoring, but this is due to lack of chances created for him!! Any striker will tell you, you can only finish whats put in front of you!! From what I hear on this, if Lee gets a decent cross he finishes it, but thats one in maybe 10 crosses!!

I know its a wild example but look at Man Utd. They lose Beckham to Real Madrid, and there main striker, Ruud Van Nistelrooy complains of missing him due to chances he isnt getting created by his other team mates. It was shown on Sky Sports that Beckham created a fifth of all Man Utds goals last year, this year the best chance creator is Giggs with 10%. Lee Miller is the same as any striker, without people creating goals or even chances, then he wont score, simple as!!

And to post that each goal cost "x" amount of money is out of order. Firstly his transfer price has nothing to do with him, thats between Bristol City and Falkirk. Secondly its his first season in a new league, he is 20 years old, there isnt many instant successes at that age. And lastly, a guess you wont bother taking into consideration the goals he has created for others, example Hartlepool away!!

Although everything you said is theoretically correct, i disagree with you. Do you honestly think Leroy Lita would score 53 goals in a season??? :D

No sorry i don't agree with you whitey at all.

I think Miller and Peacock should be dropped make them work for their places. At them moment i feel that they think they got a guarenteed first team place.

We get the ball up to them a lot and get quite a few decent crosses into them so saying the supply isn't there for me is silly. I just feel they are not shooting at goal enough, they drift out wide too much, they don't work off eachother enough, none of them exploit the gap between the middle of the two central defenders enough, none of them has enough pace, they are too similar.

Even if we drop one of them and sub the other off it might make them think about their palces a bit more if not at least split them up as i feel that pairing obviously isn't working.

The amount of goals they scored together simply isn't enough and we need to do something about it.

I don't see how Miller could work any harder. He and Tommy seem to be the only ones constantly having a go. Next time you go to a match have a look to see how many quality passes Miller receives. Normally he has to create his own chances by stealing a ball etc.

I know its a wild example but look at Man Utd. They lose Beckham to Real Madrid, and there main striker, Ruud Van Nistelrooy complains of missing him due to chances he isnt getting created by his other team mates. It was shown on Sky Sports that Beckham created a fifth of all Man Utds goals last year, this year the best chance creator is Giggs with 10%. Lee Miller is the same as any striker, without people creating goals or even chances, then he wont score, simple as!!

And to post that each goal cost "x" amount of money is out of order. Firstly his transfer price has nothing to do with him, thats between Bristol City and Falkirk. Secondly its his first season in a new league, he is 20 years old, there isnt many instant successes at that age. And lastly, a guess you wont bother taking into consideration the goals he has created for others, example Hartlepool away!!

Although everything you said is theoretically correct, i disagree with you. Do you honestly think Leroy Lita would score 53 goals in a season??? :rolleyes:

I'm merely stating facts, you draw your own conclusions.

Granted Lee Miller currently isnt scoring, but this is due to lack of chances created for him!! Any striker will tell you, you can only finish whats put in front of you!! From what I hear on this, if Lee gets a decent cross he finishes it, but thats one in maybe 10 crosses!!

Please read my comments on last nights game ref Aaron Brown.

On the Man Utd bit and the comparison you draw, Peacock & Lita get exactly the same service as Miller, which I have said on here ad nauseum, isn't good enough.

He was purchased to score goals.

He isn't.

His age is irrelevant.£325,000 Potentially £365,000 with the add ons, is a hell of a lot of money for a Div 2 Striker.

Neither has he many assists, as you suggest.

Leon Knight who's 5'4" has more goals than LP & LM put together and he cost £125k.

It's about value for money.

Parkin cost Swindon £150k and Mooney, nothing!

I'm not slightly worried about next season as, hopefully we'll get promoted and half this lot will be gone.Either that or we'll come straight back down!

We'll never know about Lita scoring 50, 20 or 10 because the kid hasn't had the chance he deserves.Nows the time, if only to kick the others up the arse!!

Although everything you said is theoretically correct, i disagree with you. Do you honestly think Leroy Lita would score 53 goals in a season??? :rolleyes:

I'm merely stating facts, you draw your own conclusions.

Please read my comments on last nights game ref Aaron Brown.

On the Man Utd bit and the comparison you draw, Peacock & Lita get exactly the same service as Miller, which I have said on here ad nauseum, isn't good enough.

He was purchased to score goals.

He isn't.

His age is irrelevant.£325,000 Potentially £365,000 with the add ons, is a hell of a lot of money for a Div 2 Striker.

Neither has he many assists, as you suggest.

Leon Knight who's 5'4" has more goals than LP & LM put together and he cost £125k.

It's about value for money.

Parkin cost Swindon £150k and Mooney, nothing!

I'm not slightly worried about next season as, hopefully we'll get promoted and half this lot will be gone.Either that or we'll come straight back down!

We'll never know about Lita scoring 50, 20 or 10 because the kid hasn't had the chance he deserves.Nows the time, if only to kick the others up the arse!!

I don't see how Miller could work any harder. He and Tommy seem to be the only ones constantly having a go. Next time you go to a match have a look to see how many quality passes Miller receives. Normally he has to create his own chances by stealing a ball etc.
I go to all the matches and he should have at least twice as many goals.

Hard work is a distraction from the point.

Strikers MUST score goals.

No sorry i don't agree with you whitey at all.

I think Miller and Peacock should be dropped make them work for their places. At them moment i feel that they think they got a guarenteed first team place.

We get the ball up to them a lot and get quite a few decent crosses into them so saying the supply isn't there for me is silly. I just feel they are not shooting at goal enough, they drift out wide too much, they don't work off eachother enough, none of them exploit the gap between the middle of the two central defenders enough, none of them has enough pace, they are too similar.

Even if we drop one of them and sub the other off it might make them think about their palces a bit more if not at least split them up as i feel that pairing obviously isn't working.

The amount of goals they scored together simply isn't enough and we need to do something about it.

Where are all these decent crosses?! I don't see them or am I just blind?! Also did you not see Peacock when he poked the ball past a guy one side and then managed to sprint round the other way and still beat him to the ball? Can someone confirmt that was Peacock? I've never seen him run so fast in my life!

Ok fair enough but I ask you this, WHEN Lita is given his chance, and for whatever reason struggles to produce the miracles which are expected from him what then, will he be slated for not doing the business? will his age not count for anything?

Maybe the thing Lee Miller is missing is a strike partner who can compliment, I might be wrong but many were happy when Miller played up front with Roberts yes?

Ok fair enough but I ask you this, WHEN Lita is given his chance, and for whatever reason struggles to produce the miracles which are expected from him what then, will he be slated for not doing the business? will his age not count for anything?

Maybe the thing Lee Miller is missing is a strike partner who can compliment, I might be wrong but many were happy when Miller played up front with Roberts yes?

It's optional whether you go for Peacock/Lit or Miller/Lita, the point is that you have to drop one.

As I said in an earlier posting it's like the JB/TD central midfield pairing.

JB can't even get in the squad most weeks now.

This goes back to the dicussion on the forum mid season, and that is that Peacock has a real problem linking up with any of the other front men he plays with, I'd definately drop him and go with Miller/ Roberts to start.

Archived