IGNORED

Most Dissapointing Transfer?

Big Red Rich

With Stewart on his way out just a year after he joined is very dissapointing and not how any of us envisaged his return was going to be.

But, is he the most dissapointing signing we have ever made? I remember Steve Jones tagged as being our worst signing but he came good, if only for injury to cut short his magical return.

Bridges of course was a bit of a let down and going back a few years, £1m for Thorpe never looked good business despite finally getting his scoring boots on.

So who do you think was the biggest transfer dissapointment we've had. Which player promised so much and delivered very little?

Over to you.

With Stewart on his way out just a year after he joined is very dissapointing and not how any of us envisaged his return was going to be.

But, is he the most dissapointing signing we have ever made? I remember Steve Jones tagged as being our worst signing but he came good, if only for injury to cut short his magical return.

Bridges of course was a bit of a let down and going back a few years, £1m for Thorpe never looked good business despite finally getting his scoring boots on.

So who do you think was the biggest transfer dissapointment we've had. Which player promised so much and delivered very little?

Over to you.

Has to be Bo Anderson for me..

Steve Jones was £400k, and despite his comeback, still a waste.

Soren Anderson was £600k?

Dare I mention Lee Peacock at £650k!? Had it been 250-300k, it'd been fine.

lee miller.

lost alot of confidence whilst with us, not helped by poor management by two different gaffers. probably moved too far south too young as well. played like a man possessed when he got let loose at hearts on loan. my brother-in-law saw him play against celtic where he made one and scored one in a 2-1 win. he said miller made the bhoys defence look like chumps and couldn't believe we'd let a player that good out on loan.

miller looks to be on the move again north of the border too, never settled anywhere. you get the feeling that if john robertson hadn't been sacked as hearts coach when that insane lithuanian arrived miller would probably be in the scotland squad right now. shame really, though the lad looked promising.

Over to you.

If you include transfers out as well as in, I would say SG going to Reading.

Enormous talent for one so young.

Sean Dyche came off the back of an excellent season and promptly turned into the player we saw last night!

Shoite!

I personally took back all I ever said about Dyche, last night. He was superb for us... last night anyway

:rofl2br:

Here is my line up, with the emphasis on "most disappointing" ie what we expected or were led to believe was a brilliant signing turned out to be an absolute shocker. A good example of this is my goalie, who we were told was the next Peter Schmichael and we were getting a £1 million player for less than £200,000.

Bo Anderson

Carl Hutchings

Julian Watts

Sean Dyche

Vimos Sebok

Ray Atteveld

Tony Fitzpatrick

Steve McClaren

Marcus Stewart

Steve Jones

Michael Bridges

The trouble is I could go on and on and pick about 4 teams - dishonourable mentions go to Ian Baird, Gus Cesar, Lee Miller, Luke Wilkshire, Gert Meyer, Liam Robinson, "Rambo" Johnson.

Mmm...good question...I guess the |Marcus Stewart thing is always in the back of my mind. However, was he really given a fair crack of the whip? Its the same question that could be asked about Michael Bridges.

Anyway, I was always a wee bit dissapointed by Lee Miller. Can nevr forget his miss at Swindon a couple of years back with the last touch of the game. He promised so very much and never delivered.

I also think buying 'super' scotty back was a waste of time money and effort. Ok so he's a ' legend' but should that have been the reason to buy him back?

I'd agree with lthe names already mentioned, but what about adding Paul Heffernan to the list? Never really got a run here although he arrived full of promise after being the divisions top scorer the season before. Obviously the emergence of Lita kept him out but his time here was wasted.

I don't think we did sell him for more. Can anyone confirm this?

We bought him for £300,000 and sold him for £225,000.

A couple of months earlier we were only asking £50,000 but he found a bit of form whilst on loan at Hearts and boosted his transfer fee, so yes we made a loss but it could have been so much worse.

Aberdeen are now looking at him again and maybe a return to Falkirk too. I can't see him commanding the sort of fees he once did though.

Archived