IGNORED

Most Dissapointing Transfer?

Big Red Rich

With Stewart on his way out just a year after he joined is very dissapointing and not how any of us envisaged his return was going to be.

But, is he the most dissapointing signing we have ever made? I remember Steve Jones tagged as being our worst signing but he came good, if only for injury to cut short his magical return.

Bridges of course was a bit of a let down and going back a few years, £1m for Thorpe never looked good business despite finally getting his scoring boots on.

So who do you think was the biggest transfer dissapointment we've had. Which player promised so much and delivered very little?

Over to you.

Tony Thorpe by a mile.

No individual has taken more money from this club than that man - his transfer fee was huge, his wages were too, and we didnt get anything for him.

And for what? Above-average goalscoring record when he did play, little contribution otherwise, and long periods where he didnt look fit or interested enough to play.

Some people really hate Bas - but he probably only took a few grand out of the club, and like it or not, he played in a team that got results. I hate Tony Thorpe - just think what we could have done with the £2m or so this club spent on that ****er in the years he was here.

Anyone remember Glenn Pennyfather?

Kevin Nugent a very disapointing striker!

Glenn was free - so was Nugent. And they both probably earned next to nothing.

They were rubbish though, I agree. But not the worst/most disappointing.

Archived