IGNORED

Transfer Deadline

icamanicity

The transfer deadline two ex city players miller and bridges were transfered, miller to aberdeen fee not disclosed, so no money to us. bridges, we get no sell on?. If i am not mistaken did`nt lansdown say he would`nt pass a medical if bridges moves up to a better standard of football i seem to recall, any thoughts?

Just because the few was not disclosed

doesnt mean we wont get any money

If he was sold to aberdeen for more then

they payed us for him then we get a % simple was that

Problem with the deal to take Lee to Aberdeen is that Dundee United released Lee from his contract, and Aberdeen took up the remaining two years of it. So as far as I know, there was no money changing hands between Aberdeen and Dundee United.

So if Bristol City are due a percentage of the next transfer, then I guess that City are due their percentage of nothing.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think City are in line for any money this time.

Problem with the deal to take Lee to Aberdeen is that Dundee United released Lee from his contract, and Aberdeen took up the remaining two years of it. So as far as I know, there was no money changing hands between Aberdeen and Dundee United.

So if Bristol City are due a percentage of the next transfer, then I guess that City are due their percentage of nothing.

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think City are in line for any money this time.

So whats happening to a player who is a good pro Whitey ?

Falkirk, City, Hearts, Dundee U, Aberdeen, in 3-4 years, why cant he settle.

So whats happening to a player who is a good pro Whitey ?

Falkirk, City, Hearts, Dundee U, Aberdeen, in 3-4 years, why cant he settle.

Well I don't think its as simple as him not being able to settle.

With Falkirk, he has signed with Falkirk from about the age of 16, and played with their youth team. Then Ian McCall gave him his debut as a striker (when he was always a central midfielder at youth level) in 2001, and he ended up that season scoring 11 goals. Then season 2002/03 he played as striker for Falkirk all season, scoring 19 goals in all competitions.

2003 he earned his move to Bristol City. First season was a steep learning curve for Lee, moving to a new home, learning a new style of football etc. Although you may argue, I think he did ok for his 1st season in English football. Then Bristol City got rid of the manager who signed him, Danny Wilson, and he was left to work until Brian Tinnion, who for some reason did not play Lee. Lee worked his arse of in training, but was continually made to play reserve football. He was then enquired about by a few League 1 and Championship sides, but Tinnion refused him the move.

Then he got a loan move to Hearts, and he got back to doing what he could do best, scoring goals when full of confidence. John Robertson signed him for Hearts for the 6 month loan deal, where he scored 11 goals in this spell, which was a better record than Craig Bellamy in his spell at Celtic. John Robertson then wanted to sign Lee on a full contract, but Vladmir Romanov sacked Robertson, and offered Lee less money than he was on at City. Now, tell me who would be willing to move to a new job for alot less money than they are currently on? And believe me, Lee wasnt on massive wages at City.

So then came the offer of Dundee United, and the chance to reunite with former team mates Mark Kerr and Colin Samuel, and also his old boss at Falkirk, Gordon Chilsom. So City sold Lee to Dundee United, where his season started brightly, but loss of confidence and form, he ended the season on 8 goals. Then Gordon Chilsom was sacked half way through the season, with Craig Brewster coming in as manager. This mirrored the situation at City where Lee was now playing in a team where the new manager hadnt signed him. So he had to start all over again. Then this season just hasnt went the way it should, after speaking to Lee he just didnt work well with Brewster as manager, so it was best for all to leave.

Now he has signed for Aberdeen under the management of Jimmy Calderwood, then we might see the best of Lee shining through again. Jimmy Calderwood has been a long time admirer of Lee, and tried to sign him when he went on loan to Hearts, and when he signed with Dundee United, so it was third time lucky for Calderwood. So lets see what the future holds.

If John Robertson hadnt got sacked from Hearts, the reason for this still unknown, although now you watch Vladmir Romanov he is onto his 4th or 5th manager within just over a year, then Lee would still be at Hearts and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

This is another new start for Lee, and I am sure he will go on from here, and put the rocky times behind him.

Archived