Wilksi

What was I saying a month ago??

What did you all say???

Not good enough.. blah blah blah.

Cant score... blah blah blah..

Cant pass...

Blah blah blah..

I was calling out for you all today...

First game of the season that he starts... Winning goal.......

To everyone who doubted Scott Brown and City and Us...

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

But I BET you people will still come out and say he shouldnt play... YOU need to take a LONG hard look at yourselfs and think about it, should YOU really call youself a fan...

AND should you really be in charge of a supporters club??? Should you???

:shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup::shutup:

What did you all say???

Cant pass...

Blah blah blah..

But I BET you people will still come out and say he shouldnt play... YOU need to take a LONG hard look at yourselfs and think about it, should YOU really call youself a fan...

I'm not a big fan of Scott Brown but he did fine today.

Well done Scott

well said wilksi, fair enough he died out in the second half but so did most of the team!!!! For me today keogh and murray were the weaker links.

Keogh looks uncomfortable as a rightback and I'm suprised him and Carey didnt try swapping in the game, Murray was a bit off the pace and I hope he comes good on friday.

What did you all say???

Cant pass...

Blah blah blah..

Scoty Brown is class, the rest of the comments i aint sure about.

But your a di hard City fan.

Enjoy the moment

I posted my thoughts on the Scott Brown issue a couple of weeks ago, and after watching his performance today I stick by that. (You can read those thoughts HERE).

Incidently, I thought early on today Scott got sucked inside far too often and got caught out of position a couple of times. I guess that's only natural, considering he's a right footed player who has played much of his football in the middle playing wide left. Whereas Wilkshire used to come inside to 'affect the game' (as GJ calls it) and make things happen, I thought it only served to leave McAllister a little exposed at times today.

However, he improved as the game went on as he seemed to get his bearings back, and I'd play him wide left at Tranmere.

As a side issue, quite a few people have grumbled about the central pairing of Johnson and Noble. Whilst LJ probably had his worst game for us so far today, I didn't think our back four looked in too much trouble, and apart from a long-rage effort from Carpenter, they only really got in behind us once where Keogh was caught out a little bit for pace. Nonetheless, we've dominated at Cheltenham and won twice since then with the Johnson and Noble central midfield partnership (In a 4-4-2, not including the Blackpool farce), so I wouldn't make too many changes to a winning team.

What I do think we'll need, however, is the presence of Showunmi up top back in the team. We went direct far too often today and the ball didn't really stick with either Jennison or Jevo, so it's important we get Enoch back in the team to add some strength and steel to our front line. This isn't going to popular, but although Jennison was superb today, I felt Jevons was quietly efficient too and I would probably continue with him at Tranmere with Enoch.

What did we learn today - we have no quality wide players, not enough cover up front, Brighton are pitiful in the final third, Basso looks better when he cuts out the flash stuff, Keogh is not great at right back, Williams is very one-footed and it was not quite the classic that some had predicted. In terms of entertainment, 2/10. But it was 3 points and a much needed lift!

On the subject of Brighton, did anyone else notice that their fans hardly got excited when attacking? It was almost as if both they, and the team did not believe that they would ever score.

What did we learn today - we have no quality wide players, not enough cover up front, Brighton are pitiful in the final third, Basso looks better when he cuts out the flash stuff, Keogh is not great at right back, Williams is very one-footed and it was not quite the classic that some had predicted. In terms of entertainment, 2/10. But it was 3 points and a much needed lift!

On the subject of Brighton, did anyone else notice that their fans hardly got excited when attacking? It was almost as if both they, and the team did not believe that they would ever score.

Thats laughable to be honest.

2 out of 10!?! The team shown good spells of good football. Especially in the first half, we were tearing them apart at time with the likes of Jevo and the pace of Jennison Williams.

I was pretty happy with the performance considering the torment we have had to deal with. Scott Brown showed a great attitude on the field. Today we shown the character we have in the side.

I thought it was not a bad game at all ,we did play well in patches & kept them to long shots only .Williams did brilliantly in his first full match & on another day could had scored a couple.I think he has massive potential.

Why is it when we win a lot of fans will not give us credit ,only saying the opposition must be bad ,for a weakened side playing after such turmoil this week the boys did well !!

I thought it was not a bad game at all ,we did play well in patches & kept them to long shots only .Williams did brilliantly in his first full match & on another day could had scored a couple.I think he has massive potential.

Why is it when we win a lot of fans will not give us credit ,only saying the opposition must be bad ,for a weakened side playing after such turmoil this week the boys did well !!

Did you not see the 2 sitters brighton missed in the 2nd half then? Great result not a bad performance but at times they cut through us easy and a better team than Brighton would of maid us pay, Tranmere will on friday if we do the same

Did you not see the 2 sitters brighton missed in the 2nd half then? Great result not a bad performance but at times they cut through us easy and a better team than Brighton would of maid us pay, Tranmere will on friday if we do the same

Cant seem to remember 2 sitters perhaps you were sat nearer than me ,can remember Basso having to make a save at the near post when the guy should have done better was that one of them ?

• Admin

Delighted he scored. Fair play to him.

Other than that he was poor. Gave the ball away far too much, but I doubt that your loving eyes picked that up.

Carry on with your love festival though Wilksy, I''m sure you'll get good inside info.

I think "poor" is a little harsh, he wasn't that wasteful with the ball, was involved in some neat interplay and gave us some much lacking "hustle" in the side.

(NB I've never met Scott Brown nor Wilksi to my knowledge)

I must be getting grumpy in my old age - I really thought that it was a pretty poor game and 2/10 was realistic. City did well considering the problems, but the lack of width was evident, and apart from our young debutant, pace was sadly lacking. Ultimately, we can do no more than beat whatever is in front of us, but Brighton were truly shocking, they had a lot of the play in the second half, but at no time was I worried - They looked like City did in 81/82 and 82/83, when goals were as rare as quality ITV programmes.

Orient must be better, at least I will have Clayton Fortune to laugh at!

I think "poor" is a little harsh, he wasn't that wasteful with the ball, was involved in some neat interplay and gave us some much lacking "hustle" in the side.

(NB I've never met Scott Brown nor Wilksi to my knowledge)

Perhaps, I may have had one or two drinks last night.

But although he scored (and I'm pleased for him that he did) I didn't think it was a good enough performance other than that. He had his usual energy and enthusiasm but I thought he gave the ball away quite a bit, lacked an awareness of the players around him and didn't actually make many tackles.

But who won the game? :doh:

We missed at least two sitters as well, didn't get a mention in your post did it? Or is it that you are too focused on what could of gone wrong for us?

I thought Brown did ok like most of the other players, nothing special, got back to help Mcallister like Murray did and was average going forward. Did well to pick up the loose ball to score the goal. Everyone knows (well nearly everyone) that Scott Brown, no matter how energetic, will never be the answer on he left of midfield, he needs to be played in the middle as a holding player, and that is not going to happen while Noble and Johnson remain fit.

I like Brown as a player, but Johnson has his favourites and wont change his mind, and he has more riding on it than you and I so good luck to him.

If you want to talk about MOM yesterday then that was crystal clear, thank god Louis Carey is at the back at the moment, truly awesome display once again.

To be fair to all the players - it couldn't have been easy coming out to 10500 fans after all thats gone on this week.They must have been more nervous than usual for a home game.

They all did ok but as usual I thought Noble was excellant as was Carey.Those two stood out for me.

As for Jevons - I liked the look of him.He made good runs and was not afraid to shoot from distance.He was unlucky not to score yesterday.

I was suprised that Williams was given MoM. For his frst full game he did ok especially for the goal but he wasn't the best City player imo.He choked in front of goal twice which can be put down to nerves of course.After he scores his first senior goal we may see a far cooler finisher.

Good to see another academy player making it through..

TOP SHOUT..

scotty brown showed great character to play let alone score

after his stress with the court case and i take my hat off to him

it took balls..

top man, great little player.

AND I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO THE REST OF THE TEAM, ALL OF THEM FOR A GOOD DISPLAY.

END OF....

It wasn't exactly an inspirational goal, more of a tap in. Just a case of being in the right place at the right time. Apart from the goal he didn't really make a difference but he did do his job well.

right place at the right, YEP, and that is why he should play

not the drifting play that we have seen.

Perhaps, I may have had one or two drinks last night.

But although he scored (and I'm pleased for him that he did) I didn't think it was a good enough performance other than that. He had his usual energy and enthusiasm but I thought he gave the ball away quite a bit, lacked an awareness of the players around him and didn't actually make many tackles.

Well you thought wrong then didn't you

Well you thought wrong then didn't you

I wouldn't disagree with Nibor - I thought Brown was average as were most of the team other than McCallister, Fontaine, Carey (obvios MoM) and even Basso. Keogh should be given a pat on the back for being OK out of position but everyone else.....

Williams looked a good prospect and when he relaxes he may well become quite an asset! :pray:

Carry on with your love festival though Wilksy, I''m sure you'll get good inside info.

Whats the point of having a dig at the OTHER Wilksy on here?!?!? Whats he done???

Yours WILKSI

What a lot of you are forgetting is that it must of been extrmely hard after the day he had before to then stand up and be counted in front of 10,000 people, he did that. He deserves all the credit he can get...

some people just cant support city players when the have other agendas... Never mind.

Whats the point of having a dig at the OTHER Wilksy on here?!?!? Whats he done???

Yours WILKSI

What a lot of you are forgetting is that it must of been extrmely hard after the day he had before to then stand up and be counted in front of 10,000 people, he did that. He deserves all the credit he can get...

some people just cant support city players when the have other agendas... Never mind.

Ah, a typo. Big deal.

I supported him fully at the game thanks very much and yes he did well to play in difficult circumstances.

Who's really the one with other agendas though?

Delighted he scored. Fair play to him.

Other than that he was poor. Gave the ball away far too much, but I doubt that your loving eyes picked that up.

Poor is harsh!

Considering the week he has had, he was quality on saturday. Id have him in there every game, makes some good challenges, and hassles players in to errors.

Archived