IGNORED

Tony Fawthrop

tower crane red

:city: tony fawthrop alledgedly is no longer at the club .

after 18 yrs service and developing the like's of matt hill,steve phillips, danny coles,tom doc ,leroy lita ,scot golbourne,dave cotterall,and many more before the formentioned.

i was told he was given the dead end street (cul de sac) .

if this is the case what a disgraceful way to be treated after 18yrs service. :city:

Maybe but I heard he was the one calling all the shots when Tinnion was at the helm last season. Not sure if he was that loved at the club to be honest.

Anyone who owns up to being employed on the football side of this club continuously for the last 18 years should be made to do Scott Brown's community service.

I remember the outcry of the fans when he was made full time manager; when it was found that he comitted some kind of (very minor and certainly not illegal) financial misdemeanour, and had resigned within a week or 2 of his appointment we all breathed a collective sigh of relief - not least the board of directors who had realised what an absoloute cock-up they had made, AND missed Peter Taylor again.

We ended up with Danny Wilson!

Anyone who owns up to being employed on the football side of this club continuously for the last 18 years should be made to do Scott Brown's community service.

I remember the outcry of the fans when he was made full time manager; when it was found that he comitted some kind of (very minor and certainly not illegal) financial misdemeanour, and had resigned within a week or 2 of his appointment we all breathed a collective sigh of relief - not least the board of directors who had realised what an absoloute cock-up they had made, AND missed Peter Taylor again.

We ended up with Danny Wilson!

This subject once got me into trouble....So I wont touch it again....However good luck to the bloke 18 years is a lot of service... :chant6ez:

just heard he is not at the club anymore not just happend either strange how we aint heard anything official yet regarding a man who as done so much for this club including being incharge of our academy

Looks like they haven't even told the official website

When Pete Amos left the only mention I can remember is a footnote to an article in the Western Daily Press - the club said nothing at all which seems pretty graceless to me.

I presumed when Fawthrop wasn't on the official team photo this summer that he'd left.

Totally agree with Red Un about the complete lack of acknowledgement of the work of Pete Amos, when you see the names of the players he's been involved with, he did an outstanding job that should have been better recognised at his time of leaving.

I presumed when Fawthrop wasn't on the official team photo this summer that he'd left.

Totally agree with Red Un about the complete lack of acknowledgement of the work of Pete Amos, when you see the names of the players he's been involved with, he did an outstanding job that should have been better recognised at his time of leaving.

Perhaps neither Fawthrop nor Amos wanted publicity when they left. No one in this thread knows the facts, and until they are known I hardly think there is any reason to be banging heads against walls. Bristol City isn't a workers' collective, its a business. I don't see why the departure of every member of staff has to be announced publicly just to satisfy people on this list (or rather to prevent people on this list having yet another non-reason to complain about).

For god's sake, can't we just get on with supporting a football team?

Bristol City isn't a workers' collective, its a business. I don't see why the departure of every member of staff has to be announced publicly just to satisfy people on this list (or rather to prevent people on this list having yet another non-reason to complain about).

It's a business, thats right.

At a time when we have just shifted an ex academy kid for £2M (who was taught under Fawthrop and Amos) and who's transfer fee is likely to go on stemming our losses for a wee while, the relevancy of this argument is very pertinent.

It won't be apparent for about 3-5 years, but if the quality of youth coaching falls away we are going to be in a big fat hole later on down the line when we no longer have an impressive line of young talent coming through.

I'm certainly supporting our football team, but being concerned about it's long term management and well being is entirely valid and I'll do that in equal measure.

And how many times are we (rightly) asked to acknowledge that "the team" is more than just the eleven players we see on the pitch?

I'm a supporter of the wider club within which the Academy holds a vital role in football development - an activity crucial to the interests of both the football and business activities of BCFC.

If you are happy to know nothing about the comings and goings of key members of staff fair enough, all you have to do is ignore any information that might leak out. Why you're so keen for everyone else to be kept in ignorance is more of a mystery.

Sorry to hear about Tony Fawthrop leaving i had a few chats with Tony over the past few months he is a realy nice bloke. He knows his football inside & out.

So if Tony has now gone who is the Football co-ordinator & Academy Manager?

John Clayton has been asked to be caretaker academy manager, Pete Coleman told us that Fawthrop was no longer at the club, he intimated that TF had been pushed rather than jumped, you could tell by the tone of his voice he was very upset by this decision

Archived