IGNORED

We're Not Very Good, We,re Not Very Good....

brady bunch

Does anyone else think that the last two wins have falsely given us all a sense that we are back on track??

After brighton I have spent most of the time kidding myself there is hope, but then Magees sacking this morning (and trust me Gorman at Northampton is probably the next for the chop) reminded me that the two wins have come againt shockingly bad teams who are both likely to face the drop at the end of this season.

I have a feeling that tonight will be a true test of what the season ahead holds for us. If we win or even play well and maybe draw then I am willing to eat humble pie. BUT I have a feeling the powerpuff midfield of Johnson and Noble is going to be cruelly exposed.

Does anyone else think that the last two wins have falsely given us all a sense that we are back on track??

After brighton I have spent most of the time kidding myself there is hope, but then Magees sacking this morning (and trust me Gorman at Northampton is probably the next for the chop) reminded me that the two wins have come againt shockingly bad teams who are both likely to face the drop at the end of this season.

I have a feeling that tonight will be a true test of what the season ahead holds for us. If we win or even play well and maybe draw then I am willing to eat humble pie. BUT I have a feeling the powerpuff midfield of Johnson and Noble is going to be cruelly exposed.

City can only beat whats in front of them and still you complain that two wins is a false dawn.

Tonights game will be tough.Trannie are flying but then City are playing with confidence as well.It a hard game to call but in recent seasons City have held the Indian sign over Tranmere and they are due to slip up.Lets hope its tonight.

At the end of the day its 11 men against 11 men on the field. Its the team with the right tactics in their head and the will to do their best that will win.

Hopefully GJ has done his homework, and we will cancel out there main forms of attack and know which weak spots to aim for in their team.

Confidence is going to play a large part of it tonight, and we need to be more confident in taking pot shots at goal. This will force their keeper into more saves, causing him to shout at his defence more, which will in turn lower the defences confidence, and hopefully get the crowd on ther back also.

Hopefully it wont be vice versa :shutup:

City can only beat whats in front of them and still you complain that two wins is a false dawn.

Tonights game will be tough.Trannie are flying but then City are playing with confidence as well.It a hard game to call but in recent seasons City have held the Indian sign over Tranmere and they are due to slip up.Lets hope its tonight.

I don't think that brady bunch was complaining about the 2 wins just that they gave a false impression.

I agree completely with him. Something that stood out from both Northampton and Brighton was just how awful they were. Northampton played against 10 men for the entire second half and barely troubled our goal. Gorman's tactics were unimpressive. Why did Northampton continue to play 4 at the back?

Brighton were better but their forwards had put their boots on back to front. I expect Brighton will be mid-table comfortably, maybe higher now that Mcghee has gone.

If we get a point tonight that will be a major bonus for me. I think a half decent team will find Johnson/Noble out. I wonder how long it will be before GJ changes this partnership for reasons that are startingly obvious to many of us?

I don't think that brady bunch was complaining about the 2 wins just that they gave a false impression.

I agree completely with him. Something that stood out from both Northampton and Brighton was just how awful they were. Northampton played against 10 men for the entire second half and barely troubled our goal. Gorman's tactics were unimpressive. Why did Northampton continue to play 4 at the back?

Brighton were better but their forwards had put their boots on back to front. I expect Brighton will be mid-table comfortably, maybe higher now that Mcghee has gone.

If we get a point tonight that will be a major bonus for me. I think a half decent team will find Johnson/Noble out. I wonder how long it will be before GJ changes this partnership for reasons that are startingly obvious to many of us?

We did all we could and beat them! what more do you want?

I think pack the midfield and just play with Jevons up front, gotta make ourselves had to beat tonight

Johnson/Noble cant play together.. blah blah.. latest forum bandwagon it seems

Manager knows more than you - and me - and everyone else on here about football. you put scott brown in there, and what you gain in tenacity you lose in possession.

We'll probably lose tonight anyway - Tranmere are good, and we're missing key players. No doubt the 100 football managers on here will then proudly tell us we lost because of Johnson & Noble, and that GJ should be sacked... until the win on Tuesday when he'll be a football god again.

(am in a bad mood today, by the way..)

Manager knows more than you - and me - and everyone else on here about football. you put scott brown in there, and what you gain in tenacity you lose in possession.

We'll probably lose tonight anyway - Tranmere are good, and we're missing key players. No doubt the 100 football managers on here will then proudly tell us we lost because of Johnson & Noble, and that GJ should be sacked... until the win on Tuesday when he'll be a football god again.

don't forget that Lansdown should be sacked too :doh:

First of all i must say that i have not seen NOBLE and JOHNSON play together.

However from reading all the comments on here i have to agree with a poster on another thread on this subject, in that when we are playing well and attacking teams two ball players in centeral midfield can work. The principle being that ball retention and disrabution is better, and you steam roller over teams.

This to an extent is what appears to have happened in the last two games against poor teams, and when we are playing with full confidence and at the top of our powers we can steam roller any team in this division, with the exception maybe of Forrest.

However, despite two wins, we are far from playing with full confidence or at the top of our ability. Playing away from home against a team playing well and full of confidence we are going to get found out without a ball winner in centeral midfield.

This has been compared to LAMPARD/GERRARD for England. I was wondering, from anyone who has seen NOBLE/JOHNSON play together if Johnson could play wide right like GERRARD. I suspect even if he could we would still need a genuine wide left player to give us proper width.

This has been compared to LAMPARD/GERRARD for England. I was wondering, from anyone who has seen NOBLE/JOHNSON play together if Johnson could play wide right like GERRARD. I suspect even if he could we would still need a genuine wide left player to give us proper width.

Hes not that type of player - hes a link player insofar as he comes deep to collect the ball of the defence and passes short to midfield gets the ball back and then passes short to the forwards.

Yes

Right again

I hope we're both wrong and this is a massive test for Johnson as well as the team.His tactics & team selection need to be spot on.

Is everybody wrong

I don't think you attend regularly or you'd know that Scott Brown is every bit as good a passer as Johnson or Noble and a darn site harder in the tackle.Who scored Saturday?

On managers, if they're all so expert, how come they keep getting sacked-Doesn't happen in any other industry.Although, you're righ in one thing in that he certainly knows more than you.Your memebership of the BFP/We are not worthy branch- is in the post

We'll probably lose tonight anyway

That's OK then

- Tranmere are good, and we're missing key players.

2 in a 26 man squad

No doubt the 100 football managers on here will then proudly tell us we lost because of Johnson & Noble, and that GJ should be sacked... until the win on Tuesday when he'll be a football god again.

Hardly

Now there's a shame :rolleyes:

I hope we're both wrong and this is a massive test for Johnson as well as the team.His tactics & team selection need to be spot on.

1. Scott Brown is not every bit as good a passer as Noble or Johnson. That's just wrong. Not even a 'difference of opinion' in this case - it's just not true! Brown is useful on the right - but lost in the centre. And we lose the ball more often when he plays there.

2. Right - so you're basically saying that because all football managers get sacked so often, that members of the general public who watch from the stands, and have not spent their entire life in the game and in coaching/management across decades in the some cases, know more about football than them. ooooooo, i don't think we need to go any further with this little argument do we matey?! ;)

still in a bad mood, by the way. and replying to nonsense on the forum doesnt help, it seems.

Sorry BB, could you stop "bolding" your comments? It makes it very unfriendly on the eye when about half of your comments are really interesting andinsightful. I mean no disrespect at all by that. Also the "BFP" is the most embarassing insult / comeback ever. I do mean a small amount of disrespect by that.

Anyway, my reason for posting is that Tranmere's storming home record is against Leyton Orient (Away games; P3, L3), Yeovil (Away P3, D2, L1) and Oldham (Away P3, L3).

We should win this if we have promotion ambition. Tranmere have no yet proven themselves to be any better a team than anybody else - they have just had an easier start than most. I don't understand why everyone's saying this will be so tough.

Sorry BB, could you stop "bolding" your comments? It makes it very unfriendly on the eye when about half of your comments are really interesting andinsightful. I mean no disrespect at all by that. Also the "BFP" is the most embarassing insult / comeback ever. I do mean a small amount of disrespect by that.

..'cuse my ignorance, but what does "BFP" mean? Should i more grumpy than I am already?

..'cuse my ignorance, but what does "BFP" mean? Should i more grumpy than I am already?

we will lose...2-1 i or more.

We did all we could and beat them! what more do you want?

Errr well, let me think for a moment. I've got it! We could play well, defend solidly, attack brightly and generally look like we can beat any team in the division. But instead we fought each other at Northampton and scraped a draw against a very average Brighton. Winning is the be-all-and-end-all of each game so we have to be satisified with the results from the two previous games. But that doesn't mean to say we shouldn't be concerned for the sterner tests ahead.

I'm not going tonight so, if we lose, I wouldn't know if it's because of Johnson/Noble. I will read the reports with interest to see if there are any comments about our central midfield, butter and hot knifes.

I hope your mood improves by late tonight. :)

So if we win tonight does it mean we are really good now?

Or will it just be another unimpressive three points moving us towards a false position in the top three?

Please God give me strength :pray:

God give me strength. If we win tonight AND Tranmere have played well then we are on our way to becoming a good team. If we win and Tranmere are awful then not much has changed except we have 3 more poins and we can thank our lucky stars (again).

Errr well, let me think for a moment. I've got it! We could play well, defend solidly, attack brightly and generally look like we can beat any team in the division. But instead we fought each other at Northampton and scraped a draw against a very average Brighton. EXCUSE ME SIR I THOUGHT WE BEAT BRIGHTON :razz: Winning is the be-all-and-end-all of each game so we have to be satisified with the results from the two previous games. But that doesn't mean to say we shouldn't be concerned for the sterner tests ahead.

I'm not going tonight so, if we lose, I wouldn't know if it's because of Johnson/Noble. I will read the reports with interest to see if there are any comments about our central midfield, butter and hot knifes.

I hope your mood improves by late tonight. :)

God give me strength. If we win tonight AND Tranmere have played well then we are on our way to becoming a good team. If we win and Tranmere are awful then not much has changed except we have 3 more poins and we can thank our lucky stars (again).

Archived