IGNORED

Well Mr Johnson Snr

leader

Was it really that bad? Surely the team didnt play that bad did they? I only managed to hear the first half and there didnt seem much in it then. Sounded like all our players battled then and put the efffort in. So what else went wrong? We did have 3 key players out and played a very inexperienced striker upfront. So could you explain in more detail as to why you think we should get rid of another manager in just under 12 months and how that would improve the team? Not having a dig just interested thats all.

well myday started at 12.30 pm and finnished at 1.30 am.inbetween that i just watched the biggest load of rubbish that g.j. calls football.what a shambles MY club is in ,please please sort it out or get out.

You my friend need to go back look in the mirror and ask yourself if this post really helps the club and if it is constructive in anyway!!!!!!! :doh:

well myday started at 12.30 pm and finnished at 1.30 am.inbetween that i just watched the biggest load of rubbish that g.j. calls football.what a shambles MY club is in ,please please sort it out or get out.

Blimey Leader not a happy chappy then.

Does yer head in mate, don't it.Arn

You my friend need to go back look in the mirror and ask yourself if this post really helps the club and if it is constructive in anyway!!!!!!! :doh:

Leade prob woke up this morning Pete, looked at how much it cost him, and really has a right to speak as he feels......

Blimey Leader not a happy chappy then.

Does yer head in mate, don't it.Arn

Leade prob woke up this morning Pete, looked at how much it cost him, and really has a right to speak as he feels......

YEs it is but thats the joys of being a supporter. I can remember one season I drove all the way to Colchester and we lost 4-0 then went away to Peterborough and Notts COunty and lost 2-1 that sucked. Think of the exiles that travel all the way to city every week we arent any bigger a fan than them I'm afraid. If we love our club we will go and see them wherever. The lucky ones who can afford to go to away matches probably clock up around 9000 miles a season going to watch their team. Nightmate eh? :(

Guest hirerite

very harsh, it wasn't that bad, all we really missed a target man up front alongside jevons

still some people just like to scream and shout abuse rather than make constructive critisism

very harsh, it wasn't that bad, all we really missed a target man up front alongside jevons

still some people just like to scream and shout abuse rather than make constructive critisism

Probably because, Stevie Wonder could have told us we needed a quality target man (QAULITY) even before the season started.

Already 6 more defeats and auto promotion will gone........;

Guest hirerite

Probably because, Stevie Wonder could have told us we needed a quality target man (QAULITY) even before the season started.

and Enoch is doing the business, scored a few already! doesn't help the team that we are missing both him and brooker and the same time,

brookers absence was expected, Enoch is unlucky

and Enoch is doing the business, scored a few already! doesn't help the team that we are missing both him and brooker and the same time,

brookers absence was expected, Enoch is unlucky

For Enoch to be called a target man, He needs to be playing there, Not on the left wing and qaulity??????????

Look all we have to do is "get out of jail" and every thing will be fine! :laugh:

Guest hirerite

For Enoch to be called a target man, He needs to be playing there, Not on the left wing and qaulity??????????

maybe but he isn't going to get a forward role over Brooker & Jevons, is he and left wing or up front, he's already got 3 goals and is top scorer!

he looks the maybe the most promising signing of the summer to be honest

maybe but he isn't going to get a forward role over Brooker & Jevons, is he and left wing or up front, he's already got 3 goals and is top scorer!

he looks the maybe the most promising signing of the summer to be honest

I'm sorry you've lost me now.

Enoch has not really played in the target man role, But we'll be ok when he's fit and he does play there, Although if Brooker and Jeavons are fit, He won't play there anyway.

So in the meantime Brooker is doing porridge (and was playing like a drain anyway) Enoch (who may or may not be a target man, If he can get into the side in this position) is injured, Jeavons is totally isolated up front (why, Because he needs a quality target man to work with) and Williams is still learning his trade.

By the time Brooker is out, fit and in right frame of mind, Enoch is fit (and we actually know if he can be our qaulity target man) to back Jeavons up and Williams becomes the finished article = at least another season in this cesspit of a division.

Face it Brooker, Enoch, Jeavons and Williams are not target men, (Brooker can hold the ball up) But none of them are that good in the air, We need a qaulity target man and have since the season has started.

I don't think you have any conception of what rubbish and shambles are fella if that was your opinion of last night.

If you think that's 'the biggest load of rubbish', then I'm sorry perhaps supporting City's not for you. We worked hard, tried to play good football, succeeded at times but were beaten by a team that deserved to edge it. We were away at a team second in the table. It was always going to be a tough game and it was, but I do not think your response is in any way measured compared to what I saw on the pitch.

Too many people come on here and just slag the team remorselessly if they don't win. They tried hard, they tried to play football the right way. They just lost by a whisker. I clapped them off and I thought they deserved my applause because they gave it a go and gave 100 per cent.

I think we showed a distinct lack of ambition, going to a tough away game without a striker on the bench. A defense almost all playing our of position, as well as the midfield. e.g. fontaine is not a left back, Keogh is not a right back, jevons is not a left midfielder, Brown in not a left or right midfielder.

Its becoming more and more clear that we really are a club going nowhere, we are the same level as very average clubs like Donny, Rotherham, Chesterfield, and Leyton Orient. Make no mistake, we fail to deliver every season, we are a very amateur looking side, people say about City fans moaning all the time, well they have every right too. We WERE a big club for this division, but we are now a concrete 3rd division side.

I don't want to talk about people coming and going and players and managers falling out, but please tell me, why Marcus Stewart isnt at LEAST on the bench, for this average 3rd division side of ours, at any time let alone a time when we have only 2 strikers one of them being a very good Youth player that in my opinion is not quite ready to be starting games.

Its very un-ambitious and its amateur-esc.

We gave it a good go? We were playing Tranmere Rovers, not Chelsea or Man Utd, I should very much hope we gave it a go against bloody Tranmere Rovers.

Rant over.

I was at Prenton Park last night, you obviously weren't

If you think that's 'the biggest load of rubbish', then I'm sorry perhaps supporting City's not for you. We worked hard, tried to play good football, succeeded at times but were beaten by a team that deserved to edge it. We were away at a team second in the table. It was always going to be a tough game and it was, but I do not think your response is in any way measured compared to what I saw on the pitch.

Too many people come on here and just slag the team remorselessly if they don't win. They tried hard, they tried to play football the right way. They just lost by a whisker. I clapped them off and I thought they deserved my applause because they gave it a go and gave 100 per cent.

You are correct in every sense, However (apart from the original post) Most people can see that we are crying out for that qaulity target man, Good in the air, hold the ball up, bring others into the game, set up goals and score a few and even with a fully fit squad we don't have one of those and I fear without one we will again struggle.

There is a slight problem even with the qaulity target man theory and that is qaulity of delivery, Look at the stats our delivery of crosses is poor, Crossing has never been Murrays best attribute, We need to improve the crossing or perhaps we need a qaulity target man + a wide player who can deliver qaulity crosses, Whatever, I cannot agree with GJ's assessment that we just need a slight adjustment, I think we need 1 player and probably 2 and they need to be qaulity.

you say citys not for me ive been watching my team since 1966, so i think ive got a rough idea if there rubbish or not . thank you step down ........

to be honest chaps its just about doin my head in .i can see swindon winning that s..t division and go sailing past us , mark my words . ..... plus gary johnson good......... tatics????????? transfers ...???????? i rest my case.

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

i agree with the progression bit, everyone leapfrogs us while we tread water in this league,

and yes tranmere were crap last season but with ronnie more in charge now they will be a force,

yep so should we.

we were better at tranmere but no real goal threat, the lads tried a lot more than blackpool at home

and played some good football, but yes in therory we need to improve more if we are to go up..

i think it's the result of losing that gets people down, late goal last night was cruel.

mind you it will be good to get this month out of the way and get brooker back.

With all due respect, please tell what is the point in you coming on the forum and bragging about how much time you "gave" yesterday. I can guarantee that many City fans gave a lot more, but so what? Surely thats part of the deal?

If you remember the 1-0 we won up there two seasons ago with a Lita goal was the first time in centuries that City had won at Prenton Park. We won there again last season but it will always be a hard game there.

I went last night. There was a good atmosphere and it was an absorbing game. City fans were much more lively than Tranmere until the goal in the last five minutes.

This seems to be the pattern across the country. All the Home fans are quiet.

I think we deserved a point.

Spoke to Scotty Brown's Uncle, Dad and what looked like most of his family at half time. Great people!

For long periods we out-passed and out played Tranmere but could not create a genuine scoring chance, plus we seemed shy of trying longer range shots on goal. But I think we deserved a point for our defensive display, until we conceded.

Positives :

Had Basso not pulled off 2 or 3 incredible saves we would have lost 3-0 mimimum which would not have been a fair reflection on how we played.

The defense was solid. McAlistair is a very good signing, he was strong and tried to create (has he got 4 yellows now?). Fontaine is getting back to his best. Carey was very good but his knock may have led eventually to us conceding. Keogh was great, showed real attacking attitude and for a while looked most likely to score for us. He has genuine skill and is quick on his feet for a big bloke.

For most of the game we were first to the ball in midfield and looked dangerous on the break but could not

give the attackers a killer ball. They all worked very hard and battled but were over fussy near the goal. I agree with Johnson that they didnt show enough flair and gave Tranmere time to re-shape when we were in attack.

Jevo was ineffective and both he and Williams could not get near high balls against their markers.

The biggest plus is that Jennison is improving with every game and after being roughed up a few times by the big CB who was clogging him gave as good as he got.

you say citys not for me ive been watching my team since 1966, so i think ive got a rough idea if there rubbish or not . thank you step down ........

I'm sorry, if you think that was rubbish then you don't have even the remotest idea of what rubbish is. Take a look at the responses to the thread and you'll see that it's not just me who disagrees with you. Yes, we lost. Yes, it's disappointing. But no, it wasn't rubbish. We all give up plenty in terms of time and money to go to away games, but if you are not prepared to see City travel to places like Prenton Park, give it a go, attempt to play attractive football and sometimes lose, then perhaps your money is better spent elsewhere because I guarantee you it will happen again this season. I also guarantee you we will play worse than that and win.

Sure, come on here and explain what you think could have been done better and give a constructive criticism of what you saw, but complaining that it was just 'rubbish' is just complete nonsense. I don't care how long you've been watching City, what you saw bears no relation to what I and others who were there saw. Save it for when we are watching rubbish. Too many City fans just go over the top with the whingeing and gnashing of teeth when we lose.

. e.g. fontaine is not a left back,

I don't want to talk about people coming and going and players and managers falling out, but please tell me, why Marcus Stewart isnt at LEAST on the bench,

We gave it a good go? We were playing Tranmere Rovers, not Chelsea or Man Utd, I should very much hope we gave it a go against bloody Tranmere Rovers.

Rant over.

fontaine is more than capable of playing at left back, when we 1st signed him it was actually said that he can play centre half or left back.

Marcus Stewart was not on the bench because he is currently a Yeovil player and rightly so! regardless though even if he was still at City he wasn't the sort of player we we needed last night we needed someone tough up front who could hold the ball up, while Enoch & Brooker are both unavailabe we are going to struggle.

Stewart is finished at City, he just wasn't good enough during his time here and hopefully will turn his deal permenant asap! if his name had'nt been marcus stewart and he hadn't been on a silly wage, he would have been bombed out last season! he hasn't done anything in his time with us to prove he is a good player! all he is done in my eyes is prove he is a good drinker!

No we weren't playing Chelsea or Man U, but we were playing someone like us in Tranmere who are constantly one of the tougher teams in this league, currently at top of the league as well!

to be honest chaps its just about doin my head in .i can see swindon winning that s..t division and go sailing past us , mark my words . ..... plus gary johnson good......... tatics????????? transfers ...???????? i rest my case.

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Stirred a bit of a hornets nest here Mr Angus.... :D

And why not

I was at Prenton Park last night, you obviously weren't

Umme, ere, he was Kev. :crying:

I think we showed a distinct lack of ambition, going to a tough away game without a striker on the bench. A defense almost all playing our of position, as well as the midfield. e.g. fontaine is not a left back, Keogh is not a right back, jevons is not a left midfielder, Brown in not a left or right midfielder.

Its becoming more and more clear that we really are a club going nowhere, we are the same level as very average clubs like Donny, Rotherham, Chesterfield, and Leyton Orient. Make no mistake, we fail to deliver every season, we are a very amateur looking side, people say about City fans moaning all the time, well they have every right too. We WERE a big club for this division, but we are now a concrete 3rd division side.

I don't want to talk about people coming and going and players and managers falling out, but please tell me, why Marcus Stewart isnt at LEAST on the bench, for this average 3rd division side of ours, at any time let alone a time when we have only 2 strikers one of them being a very good Youth player that in my opinion is not quite ready to be starting games.

Its very un-ambitious and its amateur-esc.

Rant over.

VERY WELL SAID GOOD SIR....and yes i am shouting that.

fontaine is more than capable of playing at left back, when we 1st signed him it was actually said that he can play centre half or left back.

Marcus Stewart was not on the bench because he is currently a Yeovil player and rightly so! regardless though even if he was still at City he wasn't the sort of player we we needed last night we needed someone tough up front who could hold the ball up, while Enoch & Brooker are both unavailabe we are going to struggle.

Stewart is finished at City, he just wasn't good enough during his time here and hopefully will turn his deal permenant asap! if his name had'nt been marcus stewart and he hadn't been on a silly wage, he would have been bombed out last season! he hasn't done anything in his time with us to prove he is a good player! all he is done in my eyes is prove he is a good drinker!

No we weren't playing Chelsea or Man U, but we were playing someone like us in Tranmere who are constantly one of the tougher teams in this league, currently at top of the league as well!

I'm dissapointed in you, i thought you could have ranted a bit more about your Hatred of M Stewart :dunno: don't suppose he beat you up when you were kids did he ?

So what your saying is that a player that can take the Swansea defence apart time and time again last week would not be able to do it at Tranmere?.

Oh.... and your proof that MS is a good drinker is ?????? Please back up your statement with the facts, we are all waiting :w00t:

I'm dissapointed in you, i thought you could have ranted a bit more about your Hatred of M Stewart :dunno: don't suppose he beat you up when you were kids did he ?

So what your saying is that a player that can take the Swansea defence apart time and time again last week would not be able to do it at Tranmere?.

Oh.... and your proof that MS is a good drinker is ?????? Please back up your statement with the facts, we are all waiting :w00t:

PB chill, u,ll learn the Marcus knockers know sweet f a about fooball and always use the "drink problem" bit as a line of defence.

Just listened to the 1st half Yeovil v Forest, he,s aving a very good game, the commentator saying he is such a thinker, holding the ball up and bringing players into play.

Just what Yeovil needed, but BH RED wouldnt understand football tactics. Prob A Bas fan and look how many clubs have tried to snap up his ability!!!!!!

of course he is now doing the business for yeovil, he feels he has a serious point to prove now he has been binned by city,

can't physically prove anything about stewart just what I've seen of him since he has been back in Bristol, just after he re-signed for us saw him in town knocking back the bubbly and more recently while the 1st team where off in Lativa, saw him and Steve Phillips in Henry J Beans, Phillips fair play to him was on the soft drinks, Stewart knocking back the magners! hardly a pre-season diet! sorry should have taken a picture!

posting at the time POST #31 http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61576&hl=

just a fact though that no other player could get away with such poor performances for city and not get hammered! he may well have taken apart the swansea defence last week, shame he couldn't do it for the club he loved last season when they beat us? 7-1?

There's a lot more than that to it and I've tried to cover that in the review.

I wouldn't criticise the players, who, on the whole, tried their hearts out although, I thought one or two-Murray & Jevons, could have done a lot more, particularly in the second half.

Whether we have the right players, formation, tactics, I very much doubt and you have to look at areas of play like chances created, game plan & creativety.We lack width & pace and we're actually quite easy to defend against.We've now lost four out of five away games, all by the odd goal and we need to make some changes in order that we progress.

I haven't faulted the effort all season but on it's own it's not enough.

Archived