IGNORED

Well Mr Johnson Snr

leader

had a few texts from wilksi who is still up on merseyside and having a few

bevvys with scousers up there, few tranmere fans have said of johnson jnr

who is the bottler in midfield? as he kept jumping out of challenges and they

guy who scored the goal was unmarked and johnson jnr's man but he lost him

the pretty football is all well and good i suppose but at the end of the day it's results

that count.

mabe brown and johnson should switch positions (tranmeres fans view)

as scotty brown was getting stuck in more from the wing (food for thought) it

also backs up what the match reporter put in his summary about brown

after the last game when he wrote 'city lacked bite in midfield mabe it's

time for brown to move in the middle, we played good football but look looked

light weight in central midfield and upfront.

i think with johnson being short and nippy he might well do better down the flank,

i also feel skuse (who started out as a center half) could well do a job at right back

untill we see orr back.

i'm told johnson senior blamed his wingers??? crap, when the strikers are shooting blanks

and the center midfielder is jumping out of tackles the alarm bells should start ringing

hardly the wingers fault, and this is mainly from tranmere fans.

this team untill we get a full squad might be worth looking at

based on i'm told murray is injured? ...

............Basso............

........skuse...........carey.............fontaine............macallister...........

........williams............noble.......brown......johnson...........

.........showunmi.........jevons.........

subs....

keeper

murray

russell

keogh

woodman

macombe

i agree with the progression bit, everyone leapfrogs us while we tread water in this league,

and yes tranmere were crap last season but with ronnie more in charge now they will be a force,

yep so should we.

we were better at tranmere but no real goal threat, the lads tried a lot more than blackpool at home

and played some good football, but yes in therory we need to improve more if we are to go up..

i think it's the result of losing that gets people down, late goal last night was cruel.

mind you it will be good to get this month out of the way and get brooker back.

ronnie more......... :D

Sort yerself out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much IDER....opps sorry CIDER............ :farmer:

fontaine is more than capable of playing at left back, when we 1st signed him it was actually said that he can play centre half or left back.

Marcus Stewart was not on the bench because he is currently a Yeovil player and rightly so! regardless though even if he was still at City he wasn't the sort of player we we needed last night we needed someone tough up front who could hold the ball up, while Enoch & Brooker are both unavailabe we are going to struggle.

Stewart is finished at City, he just wasn't good enough during his time here and hopefully will turn his deal permenant asap! if his name had'nt been marcus stewart and he hadn't been on a silly wage, he would have been bombed out last season! he hasn't done anything in his time with us to prove he is a good player! all he is done in my eyes is prove he is a good drinker!

No we weren't playing Chelsea or Man U, but we were playing someone like us in Tranmere who are constantly one of the tougher teams in this league, currently at top of the league as well!

Marcus Stewart didnt have an awful time at City, I really cant see why this is stil lstanding as an arguement, I thought he was a pretty effective player at City, scored 4 goals maybe not enough, but given a whole season I think would have reached between 15 and 20 goals.

"we needed last night we needed someone tough up front who could hold the ball up" I disagree, I think we needed someone with a bit of a Football brain, and bit of cleverness, a bit of quality. Not only goals but just linking the midfield with the strikers, playing balls through, holding up play to feet. Clever touches and turns and that in Marcus Stewart.

of course he is now doing the business for yeovil, he feels he has a serious point to prove now he has been binned by city,

can't physically prove anything about stewart just what I've seen of him since he has been back in Bristol, just after he re-signed for us saw him in town knocking back the bubbly and more recently while the 1st team where off in Lativa, saw him and Steve Phillips in Henry J Beans, Phillips fair play to him was on the soft drinks, Stewart knocking back the magners! hardly a pre-season diet! sorry should have taken a picture!

posting at the time POST #31 http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61576&hl=

just a fact though that no other player could get away with such poor performances for city and not get hammered! he may well have taken apart the swansea defence last week, shame he couldn't do it for the club he loved last season when they beat us? 7-1?

You spout some nonense mate, so our defeat at Swansea last season was down to Marcus Stewart??, you obviously have a serious problem with him, but have just stated you cant prove anything about him, Marcus Stewart should be here trying to get the goals for OUR club, not helping Yeovil, just get off his back mate, you don't know the real facts.

Archived