IGNORED

Booed Off

madmax

Nope, I sit in the middle of the Dolman. When the final whistle went the players were booed. Lee Johnson heard them as well.

maybe in your stand but in atyeo behind the goal the players got clapped off, until the ref got to the 6 yard box and then the boo's started

Whats that about. Um, did we not WIN.

Go chat to a gashead and see if your worse off?

I just don't get it. :dunno:

MM

Gary Johnson must be the only manager in the League who is able to turn a comfortable lead into a hanging on job, just by making unnessessary substitutions. I'm getting fed up of him taking our strikers off when we are holding a slender lead, or cruising to a draw away from home, only to spend the final ten minutes hoofing the ball up to nobody, and inviting the opposition to attack solidly.

Leyton Oreient were awful, yet they looked the only team liable to score in the final quarter of the game as we sat back more and more, and yes, I know we won but it's the manner of the win that people booed, and I can well understand it. Some guy even had a go at Johnson as he was leaving the pitch and GJ held his arms out as if to say "What more do you want?" What we want Gary, is an attacking side we can be proud of, goalmouth action, dazzling wing play and a side who looks as though they want to win by three or four, even if they can't acheive it. And don't you dare have the brass neck to tell me, or anyone else who was there tonight to go and support the Gas. This is sh*ite and it's time Johnson knew it.

Gary Johnson must be the only manager in the League who is able to turn a comfortable lead into a hanging on job, just by making unnessessary substitutions. I'm getting fed up of him taking our strikers off when we are holding a slender lead, or cruising to a draw away from home, only to spend the final ten minutes hoofing the ball up to nobody, and inviting the opposition to attack solidly.

Leyton Oreient were awful, yet they looked the only team liable to score in the final quarter of the game as we sat back more and more, and yes, I know we won but it's the manner of the win that people booed, and I can well understand it. Some guy even had a go at Johnson as he was leaving the pitch and GJ held his arms out as if to say "What more do you want?" What we want Gary, is an attacking side we can be proud of, goalmouth action, dazzling wing play and a side who looks as though they want to win by three or four, even if they can't acheive it. And don't you dare have the brass neck to tell me, or anyone else who was there tonight to go and support the Gas. This is sh*ite and it's time Johnson knew it.

i will agree that orient were awful but surely winning is all that counts isn't it? it wasn't pretty at times i agree but at the end of the day we are 7th in the league and haven't got out of first gear this season yet, no pleasing some people.

If you have players who decide to drop deep despite the manager and his assistant screaming at them to push up, there isn't a lot a manager can do other than accept it and pack the defence.

There is no leadership on the pitch and not a lot of intelligence either.

I'm not a Johnson fan, but I do sympathise with him when he clearly didn't want to play 4-5-1 and be hanging on for the result.

Sorry cynic, if Johnson didn't want to play 4-5-1 then why did he make the substitutions he did, yeah we won but boy did we make hard work of it, sorry but Johnson isn't good enough.

If you have players who decide to drop deep despite the manager and his assistant screaming at them to push up, there isn't a lot a manager can do other than accept it and pack the defence.

There is no leadership on the pitch and not a lot of intelligence either.

I'm not a Johnson fan, but I do sympathise with him when he clearly didn't want to play 4-5-1 and be hanging on for the result.

Maybe, but if he had left his strikers on the pitch he wouldn't have to scream for his midfielders to push up, would he? Packing the defence might seem like closing the door completely, but all it does is spread panic amongst the otherwise well drilled and competant defence, who have coped perfectly well for 75 minutes. Just look at the goal Tranmere scored on Friday, and the panic tonight when the otherwise excellent McCombe nearly scored an own goal. He should leave well alone, and attack to the end.

Maybe not, but he did start it by replacing Jevons for Skuse.

It is still fairly obvious that we need a ball-winning midfield player to break up attacks. Until we get one we will continue to be under pressure in the last few minutes of each game.

Hallelujah.

I struggle to think of anything else the man could have done to get us a point instead of three.

We finished the game with 4 centre halves, one left back, four central midfielders and one 17 year old kid expected to attack on his own. I can only assume the manager was experimenting with some sort of mind altering substances because he was clearly on a different planet to the rest of us.

It's going OK ish, Orient have a bit more of the game than they should and the totally inept muppet of a ref gives them a penalty they didn't even appeal for. OK, not our fault really but how do we react to it?

GJ took off Showunmi for Skuse. That's a bad idea to start with.

Then he moved Jevons to the left pushing Williams on his own leaving no presence up front and we sit back with 5 across and let them play the rest of the game in our half... Williams is a great prospect but target man he is not, experienced enough to hold the ball up he is not...

Then replaced Jevons with Fontaine... at which point we appear to have gone from 4-5-1 to 5-4-1 and our defending has got worse because the FOUR centre halves are getting in each other's way and the FOUR central midfielders are still letting them come at us.

What GJ should have done if Showunmi was knackered was bring on Murray, play Brown left and leave us with some sort of threat instead of hiding in our own box for the last 20 minutes. Had we been playing a half decent side we would have lost the game, just like we did on the previous three occasions so far this season when he tried to sit on a lead or an away point.

I have never, ever, been more underwhelmed by a win. Orient were shit. Absolutely shit. Even a Tinnion side would have spanked them relentlessly, and sent them home with a four goal deficit, and the only reason we didn't was because of the complete tactical brain fart our manager had, worryingly not for the first time.

Hallelujah.

I struggle to think of anything else the man could have done to get us a point instead of three.

We finished the game with 4 centre halves, one left back, four central midfielders and one 17 year old kid expected to attack on his own. I can only assume the manager was experimenting with some sort of mind altering substances because he was clearly on a different planet to the rest of us.

It's going OK ish, Orient have a bit more of the game than they should and the totally inept muppet of a ref gives them a penalty they didn't even appeal for. OK, not our fault really but how do we react to it?

Then he moved Jevons to the left pushing Williams on his own leaving no presence up front and we sit back with 5 across and let them play the rest of the game in our half... Williams is a great prospect but target man he is not, experienced enough to hold the ball up he is not...

Then replaced Jevons with Fontaine... at which point we appear to have gone from 4-5-1 to 5-4-1 and our defending has got worse because the FOUR centre halves are getting in each other's way and the FOUR central midfielders are still letting them come at us.

What GJ should have done if Showunmi was knackered was bring on Murray, play Brown left and leave us with some sort of threat instead of hiding in our own box for the last 20 minutes. Had we been playing a half decent side we would have lost the game, just like we did on the previous three occasions so far this season when he tried to sit on a lead or an away point.

I have never, ever, been more underwhelmed by a win. Orient were shit. Absolutely shit. Even a Tinnion side would have spanked them relentlessly, and sent them home with a four goal deficit, and the only reason we didn't was because of the complete tactical brain fart our manager had, worryingly not for the first time.

did we lose then?

Hallelujah.

Completely and utterly agree with every word. And what would have happened if Orient had equalized with five minuted to go. Panic stations that's what with a centre half having to go up front.

[/quote

There are two ways to defend a lead.

1. carrry on attacking and you may score another 2 or 3 goals.

OR

2. play more defensively, against a side that has to throw everything forward as they have nothing to lose.

As a manager if you do one or the other you could be open to the critics. if you carry on playing attacking football and the oposing team catch you on the break by pushing men forward then you will be ridiculed likewise as Kingpin has stated if you defend And get pushed back and lose then again the manager gets abuse.

This is the nature of the game, i for one believe on tonights showing that we now have the players to defend a lead therefore i believe GJ this time made the right decision. at the end of the day we won.

we have not had a great start to the season by any stretch of the imagination...yet we are just outside a play-off position, so come on lets all try and be positive and continue to cheer our team on to greater things. :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

did we lose then?

[/quotWhen Johnson took over he said he would turn a 10,000 crowd into a 20,000 crowd. My guess is that he will turn it into a 6,000 crowd pretty damn quick if this carries on. And no, we didn't lose but I bet if Orient had scored a late equaliser, you would be on here saying exactly the same thing.

I'm also in the Atyeo and it was DEFINITELY the ref who we booed off, although those of us in E Block were treated to another earful of the foghorn voiced dolt who spent part of the last five minutes singing (with one of his equally hilarious mates) 'We're sh1t and we're 2-1 up'. Let's just say he's getting on a lot of people's nerves right now, shall we?

I'm also in the Atyeo and it was DEFINITELY the ref who we booed off, although those of us in E Block were treated to another earful of the foghorn voiced dolt who spent part of the last five minutes singing (with one of his equally hilarious mates) 'We're sh1t and we're 2-1 up'. Let's just say he's getting on a lot of people's nerves right now, shall we?

I'm sure he is getting on your nerves, but is he right or wrong in what he was singing? And on the booing issue, I think it was the ref who was booed off down the tunnel but the booing at the final whistle was definitely for the players.

I'm sure he is getting on your nerves, but is he right or wrong in what he was singing? And on the booing issue, I think it was the ref who was booed off down the tunnel but the booing at the final whistle was definitely for the players.

I'll be honest and say although I think he was right, he's a really annoying SOB regardless. Leyton Orient looked like one of those teams that we see every year where you think 'this lot are going down'. I really thought we could have put three or four past them at one point, but the penalty (was it handball?) seemed to have a huge impact on our confidence. Having said that I was always pretty certain that we were going to win...which is unusual for me, I have to admit. :whistle:

I'll be honest and say although I think he was right, he's a really annoying SOB regardless. Leyton Orient looked like one of those teams that we see every year where you think 'this lot are going down'. I really thought we could have put three or four past them at one point, but the penalty (was it handball?) seemed to have a huge impact on our confidence. Having said that I was always pretty certain that we were going to win...which is unusual for me, I have to admit. :whistle:

blatant penalty stupid thing to do only way they were going to get back into the game

Guest GASBUSTER

I SIT IN THE DOLMAN IN BLOCK D, AND THE PLAYERS DID GET BOOED AT THE END ,EVEN 10 MIN TO GO FANS WERE BOOING ,THE PLAYERS NEED THE SUPPORT AT THE MOMENT ,BECAUSE OF WHAT AS HAPPENED OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS .

SO LETS GET BEHIND GARY JOHNSON AND THE PLAYERS :chant6ez: WITH ANOTHER HOME GAME COMING UP

Hallelujah.

can't argue with that.

we should be glad we got 3 points but everyone i spoke to could not belive the 2nd half tactics substitutions

and it took the shine off a good first half.

relief for 3 points was on many a fans mind come full time..

Archived