IGNORED

Just A Simple Question

red man dan

Simple post this one; We are currently lying 3rd, however the table shows us that a mere one win seperates us and Cheltenham in 15th place.

At this point in time the 'natives' appear to be relatively quiet, if anything, somewhat positive. However the thought occurs, if we were lying in 15th place, a feathered 3 points from where we currently lie, I imagine there would be a significant amount of discontent.

Therefore is this not a classic example of the fine margins of 'success' and 'failure' in football, whilst highlighting how fickle football fans really are?

NB. Above posted by 'Jimmy' - virtues of sharing a computer and a lack of attention!

I'm just glad we've made up ground which seemed like it would take a monumental effort to make up, teams have slipped up and that will happen, we need to win the tough away fixtures and go on a run similar to that one which ended up at Sheffield Wednesday a couple of years back, but first we have to beat Vale to install some real confidence.

I'm just glad we've made up ground which seemed like it would take a monumental effort to make up, teams have slipped up and that will happen, we need to win the tough away fixtures and go on a run similar to that one which ended up at Sheffield Wednesday a couple of years back, but first we have to beat Vale to install some real confidence.

No problem there we can take them :shifty::city::city::city:

Simple post this one; We are currently lying 3rd, however the table shows us that a mere one win seperates us and Cheltenham in 15th place.

At this point in time the 'natives' appear to be relatively quiet, if anything, somewhat positive. However the thought occurs, if we were lying in 15th place, a feathered 3 points from where we currently lie, I imagine there would be a significant amount of discontent.

Therefore is this not a classic example of the fine margins of 'success' and 'failure' in football, whilst highlighting how fickle football fans really are?

NB. Above posted by 'Jimmy' - virtues of sharing a computer and a lack of attention!

It's a fair question but I think I would be happy even if we were in 15th position. Why?

Because of the way we played.

I can't remember a game where for the last 10mins I've sat there wondering what's on the TV tonight! Usually, it's "we're only 3-1 up and if they get a goal we're stuffed" attitude. But not today when we looked comfortably in charge. After the depression that was Blackpool I'm now looking forward to the rest of the season. This isn't only because we won, which is always a great benefit, but because of the way we played.

10 games into a season is too short a time scale to be making judgements about 'success' or 'failure'. Anyone who does is showing sheer short sigtedness, a lack of perspective and basic stupidity. (esp. for a league as tight as this one).

You're right when you highlight the margin between success and failure. But for a minute's madness in Bradford we may have won. Any altered factor in the build up to the Tranmere goal and it may have been viewed as a good away point. All if's, but's and maybe's but all very marginal.

I think an over simplification in explanation of things is often evident. There would have been a compound of reason's for the Blackpool horror show but a common opinion was that we simply didn't try.

As far as this forum's concerned, it only takes a few to voice discontent, another few to take exception to it and it esculates from there. An opinion poll of posters showed a consensus of support for Gary Johnson.....last time.

I always have a wry smile when I hear phrases such as 'loyal supporters' branded about. For me, loyal support means virtually unconditional love, for some, support of City seems only apparent when we are winning and/or playing well. Jeering and booing is not supportive, it's treatment that should be given to Rovers or imo any opposition of City.

I always have a wry smile when I hear phrases such as 'loyal supporters' branded about. For me, loyal support means virtually unconditional love, for some, support of City seems only apparent when we are winning and/or playing well. Jeering and booing is not supportive.

Its a very subjective matter - a bloke I know considers himself a 'loyal' City fans because he looks out for the City result on a Saturday.He hasn't been to a match at AG in years and the last time he saw City play was at the play-off final.I've encouraged him to come down and watch a game but he won't part with the dosh despite being comfortably off. He goes to Tottenham about 3 times season in his mates hospitality box.

There must be thousands of people like him.The question is - what can the club do to attract these types ?

Its a very subjective matter - a bloke I know considers himself a 'loyal' City fans because he looks out for the City result on a Saturday.He hasn't been to a match at AG in years and the last time he saw City play was at the play-off final.I've encouraged him to come down and watch a game but he won't part with the dosh despite being comfortably off. He goes to Tottenham about 3 times season in his mates hospitality box.

There must be thousands of people like him.The question is - what can the club do to attract these types ?

Free tickets in Premier Seating.

Unfortunately other than be successful, I don't think their is anything the club can do to get this type of fan to Ashton Gate.

Free entrance to the beige and beige bar comes with Premier Seating.

Only if wearing "smart casual (no sports shirts or replica football shirts)" though.

I was thinking about the rebranded Dolman exhibition hall. In Robbored's example it's no surprise that his friend doesn't join him at the game if he's unable to have a pint with Robbored in the supporters bar.

I was thinking about the rebranded Dolman exhibition hall. In Robbored's example it's no surprise that his friend doesn't join him at the game if he's unable to have a pint with Robbored in the supporters bar.

I see. But how do you know Robbored's friend wants to have a pint with Robbored?

I still think Robbored's friend will be enticed only by smart casual in the beige and beige Premier Bar followed by all the cushioned wide seats he would like in Premier Seating. There are enough empty ones for him to have a lie down and sleep through the game, if he likes. Only if its on a paid for corporate do though, of course.

Archived