IGNORED

The Evil Post

icamanicity

I know a lot of you don't buy or read the evil post, i sadly have it delivered, anyway the letters page is some times a good read. Today there is a letter from a sag, about there proposed field of nightmares and how the council are backed into a corner cause they have produced a plan that is sensitive to just about all the right agendas so it must be a yes. Oh he says talking of red things the only thing residents should be worried about is when city and their eternally bitter fans try to vandalise our new stadium. name supplied hanham.

Rovers have been clever in their plan by including student accomodation etc in it. Most new stadiums come with these types of mixed development which planners favour.

End of the day though, Rovers are going to have to stump up a **** load of money for improvements to the transport infrastructure right along Gloucester Road and also on Filton Avenue and Muller Road.

And where are they going to move for 18 months?

Rovers have been clever in their plan by including student accomodation etc in it. Most new stadiums come with these types of mixed development which planners favour.

End of the day though, Rovers are going to have to stump up a **** load of money for improvements to the transport infrastructure right along Gloucester Road and also on Filton Avenue and Muller Road.

And where are they going to move for 18 months?

Why would a conference side need 18000 seats anyway?

Guest mesa boogie

If we get planning permission then it should help you too if you look to increase the size of trashton. As for the moving grounds piece, rumour has it we will be spending 18 months at Trumpton.

If we get planning permission then it should help you too if you look to increase the size of trashton. As for the moving grounds piece, rumour has it we will be spending 18 months at Trumpton.

Not at all, we've already got planning permission to redevelop the East End and most I'm pretty sure the Williams too.

I hope we stick it out at AG for a bit and wait for some green belt land to become available near David Lloyd.

I'm suprised Rovers haven't explored the option of finding a site in South Glos seeing as it states clearly in their Local Development Plan that they would like to have a 20,000 + all-seater stadium in their territory. Fair enough Severnside recieved too much public objection but what about the supposed staunch gas area of East Bristol?

Guest mesa boogie

Not at all, we've already got planning permission to redevelop the East End and most I'm pretty sure the Williams too.

I hope we stick it out at AG for a bit and wait for some green belt land to become available near David Lloyd.

I'm suprised Rovers haven't explored the option of finding a site in South Glos seeing as it states clearly in their Local Development Plan that they would like to have a 20,000 + all-seater stadium in their territory. Fair enough Severnside recieved too much public objection but what about the supposed staunch gas area of East Bristol?

I'll be honest I would prefer having a ground in a urban area rather than a industrial estate. I can't really understand why complaints about the project are being made by local residents. The ground has been there for over 80 years and personally I feel few of the current residents were able to complain about the original building work thus they must have moved to the area with the ground already in place. Moving to an area near a sports ground of any manor you must relise that surely at some point re-development would take place and on Saturdays you will get extra traffic in the area for 4 hours. I'm sure if you asked someone from the Eastville area which they'd prefer the old ground or ikea then they'd probably go for the old ground. If permission isn't accept then Rovers and Bris will move and houses or a large retail outlet would be built (depending on how lucky residents are).

I'll be honest I would prefer having a ground in a urban area rather than a industrial estate. I can't really understand why complaints about the project are being made by local residents. The ground has been there for over 80 years and personally I feel few of the current residents were able to complain about the original building work thus they must have moved to the area with the ground already in place. Moving to an area near a sports ground of any manor you must relise that surely at some point re-development would take place and on Saturdays you will get extra traffic in the area for 4 hours. I'm sure if you asked someone from the Eastville area which they'd prefer the old ground or ikea then they'd probably go for the old ground. If permission isn't accept then Rovers and Bris will move and houses or a large retail outlet would be built (depending on how lucky residents are).

According to a local councillor up here in north Bristol the plans have already been laughed at.

But there's a big difference between an 11,000 capacity ground and potentially 18,000 capacity. It's the extra traffic, noise, pollution etc that would be created. Not to mention the students digs and flats that they intend on building on site, this will add to everyday traffic and put further strain on local services that already IMO appear to be overstretched in that area.

As I said, unless Rovers stump up a serious amount of cash (which I somehow doubt you have) to improve the surrounding infrastructure then planning approval is unlikely. The local authority may perhaps settle for plans on a small scale, say 12-14,000 capacity as opposed to 18k.

It will benefit us if Rovers get planning permission, as it will force City to raise their game in terms of developing Ashton Gate

I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference personally. I expect Sexstone has half an eye on putting Rovers up at Ashton Gate if they do need to move from the rugby ground for 18 months.#

Pound signs in his eyes no doubt.

Archived