IGNORED

Best Player

PAPA650

For me (only watched from late 80s onwards):

Bob Taylor

Shaun Taylor

Brian Tinnion

Any side containing those three in their prime would be hard to beat. I'd have put Jacki in if he'd played more games.

From the current lot I can see maybe Brooker and McCombe eventually being in the same bracket.

For me (only watched from late 80s onwards):

Bob Taylor

Shaun Taylor

Brian Tinnion

Any side containing those three in their prime would be hard to beat. I'd have put Jacki in if he'd played more games.

From the current lot I can see maybe Brooker and McCombe eventually being in the same bracket.

Geoff Merrick

Tinman

Scott Murray

But I'd probably find it easier to pick a top ten than a top three.

Shaun Taylor was an inspiration on the pitch and a great motivator but he wasn't that good as a player.His effort and committment made up for his lack of skill especially on the ground.

My best three (in no particular order) would have to be Gerry Gow who was very very hard and skillfull.Brian Tinnion who has to be the best passer I've seen in a City shirt and a pre-Reading Scot Murray who scored 26 goals in one season.He was phenominal at that time and a joy to watch.

There seems to be alot of best team Comparing 70's 90's ect ! but who would you say was the best player ever to wear bcfc shirt and top 3 players if you had to pick ? I'm not going to pick myself curious of all you older and commited bcfc supporters

1. Jacki

2. Tinnman

3. Agostino

(enjoyed watching Ago more than any other forward in the last 15 years - and we've had some great strikers! a proper footballer.. shame he left the UK)

watched since 89, Hard to pick a best since then, but

Tinman

Mark Gavin - first period with us (skill like Jacki's without the drinking issues)

Nicky Morgan - a far better player then his goal tally showed - pure class.

Honourable mentions to Tommy Doc and Scott Murray without doubt the best of recent times.

Best two defenders would be Taylor and Carey.

In all that time I cannot think of an outstaniding goallie - certainly not one that every left us for better things (mind you none of my picks did either!)

watched since 89, Hard to pick a best since then, but

Tinman

Mark Gavin - first period with us (skill like Jacki's without the drinking issues)

Nicky Morgan - a far better player then his goal tally showed - pure class.

Honourable mentions to Tommy Doc and Scott Murray without doubt the best of recent times.

Best two defenders would be Taylor and Carey.

In all that time I cannot think of an outstaniding goallie - certainly not one that every left us for better things (mind you none of my picks did either!)

Nicky Morgan above Brooker, Lita, Akinbiyi, Andersen, Goater, Agostino and Cole? Mark Gavin a fine player on his day though

Torpey

Roberts

Savage

Do you mean 'best' in an ironic way?

Well, Torpey was very underappreciated and we won more games when he was in the team than when he wasn't.

Roberts was abused because he openly supported Cardiff, he provided my two favourite moments as a city fan and had a pretty good goals to games ratio compared to a lot of strikers.

Savage - well, ermm yes (probably the reason why people can't understand the Marcus situation when this guy got in the team ahead of him).

Anyway my 3 are:

Murray (pre Reading version - no player in League one history has ever had a season That Good)

Tinman

Taylor

Archived