IGNORED

Johnson To Norwich

Collis

Not really a very good source, but my friend who is a Norwich fan, has a family member on their board (not Delia!) said that GJ is one of the shortlisted managers they are after! :(

Seems quite likely to me, he had no problem leaving Yeovil so surely it will be a chance he wants to take if he is offered the job?

But could he refuse the pay packet and the chance of premiership football? :crying:

he left yeovil because he had taken them probably as far as they could go and it was a good time to move on.

He won't leave City while there is alot of hard work to be done, chance of Premiership football? Norwich behave?

he left yeovil because he had taken them probably as far as they could go and it was a good time to move on.

He won't leave City while there is alot of hard work to be done, chance of Premiership football? Norwich behave?

Well Yeovil's current manager obviously thought he could take them further.

Norwich are a well supported club,there gates are more than double ours, being realistic they have a far better chance of getting into the money league than we ever will. Infact they werent there to long ago were they. Ten years ago they were playing the likes of Inter Milan in europe.

Not really a very good source, but my friend who is a Norwich fan, has a family member on their board (not Delia!) said that GJ is one of the shortlisted managers they are after! :(

Seems quite likely to me, he had no problem leaving Yeovil so surely it will be a chance he wants to take if he is offered the job?

Delia couldn't afford Lee and Pete also.. :dunno:

Not really a very good SAUCE, but my friend who is a Norwich fan, ......

I don't think that Gary Johnson would cut the MUSTARD with a club like Norwich!!.

And fancy having Delia ruining your Half Time team talk by shouting;

We need a 12th man here. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'avin you! Come on!

We have a better chance than ever of going up this year, so long as GJ is shrewed when the transfer window next opens, and we'll be playing the likes of Norwich next season.

So i think GJ will stay put for now!!,

:farmer:

Delia couldn't afford Lee and Perrings also..

Thought that they were at Worcester??.

:doh:

Everytime a managerial vacancy arises Johnsons' name is linked to it.There was a similar thread last week.

There are lots of managers out of work -Joe Royle (ex Norwich player) Kevin Blackwell,Brian Horton, Nigel Spackman the list is almost endless.

Why would Norwich go for someone where they would have to pay compensation when there are plenty of decent managers unemployed?

Well Yeovil's current manager obviously thought he could take them further.

yes, but he came in fresh and had a start with a whole new team, whereas Johnson had taken them from a decent Conference side, to League 2 Champions and into our league, he then needed a new challenge johnson isn't one to quit halfway through a job

Everytime a managerial vacancy arises Johnsons' name is linked to it.There was a similar thread last week.

There are lots of managers out of work -Joe Royle (ex Norwich player) Kevin Blackwell,Brian Horton, Nigel Spackman the list is almost endless.

Why would Norwich go for someone where they would have to pay compensation when there are plenty of decent managers unemployed?

As I stated in my post they are interested in him, so naturally they understand they would have to pay compensation and it is obviously not an issue for them.

yes, but he came in fresh and had a start with a whole new team, whereas Johnson had taken them from a decent Conference side, to League 2 Champions and into our league, he then needed a new challenge johnson isn't one to quit halfway through a job

Sorry if you don't understand, but he did quit Yeovil to come to us. FACT. Money talks,if another club came in and offered him a lot more than hes on ( which is what we did) he would have to think about it.

Who knows, he may have something written into his contract about talking etc to other clubs.

Sorry if you don't understand, but he did quit Yeovil to come to us. FACT. Money talks,if another club came in and offered him a lot more than hes on ( which is what we did) he would have to think about it.

Who knows, he may have something written into his contract about talking etc to other clubs.

Yes, money talks however? haven't you read the other postings? he turned down a number of championship clubs before actually joining us in league 1? If he was just in it for the money surely he would have been better off at a Championship club?

Think the opening line says it all!!

Yes, money talks however? haven't you read the other postings? he turned down a number of championship clubs before actually joining us in league 1? If he was just in it for the money surely he would have been better off at a Championship club?

Possibly, i don't have a clue whether he would be interested or not. He is obviously well known over in that part of the country though as he started his coaching career at Cambridge Utd.

I just had a look at the Norwich evening post online and his name is not mentioned in there.

I think Norwich will look to bring in someone who knows the area etc, maybe with links to the club. It's quite remote and you need someone who is used to the travelling involved etc.

They will give an ew man a bit of time to build there though which might attract GJ. I can't see it though not having brought his son, Weale, Jevons and physio guy here to build a dynasty, tp rip all that up again would be a very strange move.

He turned down Derby and another Championship club while at Yeovil. I suspect he would not want to leave City untill he manages to get us promoted, which would look very good on his CV after years of let downs.

He never got offered the Derby job they interviewed him thats all.

Exactly he went for the interview which suggests he wanted to go. The question is will he go for an interview for Norwich?

I apply and look for jobs within my workplace. Doesnt mean I get them but I apply. MAybe Johnson would apply for the experience I don't know. I cant see him leaving the club now though. He left Yeovil because he felt that he could not take them any futher. However he can take us much further in my opinion. :)

p w l d

Bristol C 26-09-2005 Present 51 23 20 8

Yeovil 19-06-2001 23-09-2005 221 116 59 46

Cambridge 22-10-1992 01-04-1995 135 41 57 37

His record as a manager in England. don't think Norwich would be overly impressed with his record here. Only won 3 more than lost.

I would imagine they would want a higher profile manager as well.

Archived