IGNORED

Forest Ticket Price

Rob k

It is steep, ill admit that, but Nottingham is an absolutely top city for a piss up!

don't let the price put you off, its worth a weekend away.

You're paying for the best stewarding money can buy :D . I admit its steep but the chairman has assured us since we are in this wretched division we are losing money and he needs to step it up to compensate :ranting: . A tight bastard he is but Pratt was his mistake not ours :doh: .

And to think part of your £26 is paying Agogo's wages! :ranting:

Not justifying the price at all, but at least it is a good ground to visit with better facilities. Imagin is Yeovil or Brentford charged that. However £26 is outrageous for 3tier football!

There has been talk of wage caps in football, would anyone think an admission caps would be a good idea?

Given the amount it costs to follow City away, in terms of petrol, food etc, a few quid on the ticket is unlikely to be the difference between going and not going.

It is a lot, but given the facilities available at Forest I personally find £19 to stand on crumbling concrete at Yeovil far more disgraceful.

Given the amount it costs to follow City away, in terms of petrol, food etc, a few quid on the ticket is unlikely to be the difference between going and not going.

Perhaps so for those who are earning a decent whack. At the other end of the scale I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have foregone other luxuries to go to Nottingham, but who simply can't justify paying £26 to watch 3rd tier football.

I can afford to go but the price is definately influencing my decision whether to attend. Had it been £15 it would be a no brainer.

Perhaps so for those who are earning a decent whack. At the other end of the scale I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have foregone other luxuries to go to Nottingham, but who simply can't justify paying £26 to watch 3rd tier football.

I can afford to go but the price is definately influencing my decision whether to attend. Had it been £15 it would be a no brainer.

I take your point to a degree, KNR, because I guess if you go on the coach or in a minibus it will cost less. But even if you forego a beer or two before kick-off and make yourself a sarnie to take with you, surely the cost is such that a difference of £5 or so is not going to be the difference between actually going and not going for many fans?

I'm not seeking to defend the price because I think it is steep, but just suggesting that realistically it's unlikely to have much effect on how many will go. I will say it again: I think £19 to stand in an uncovered end on concrete at Yeovil, with a far worse view, is much more of a rip-off.

I take your point to a degree, KNR, because I guess if you go on the coach or in a minibus it will cost less. But even if you forego a beer or two before kick-off and make yourself a sarnie to take with you, surely the cost is such that a difference of £5 or so is not going to be the difference between actually going and not going for many fans?

I'm not seeking to defend the price because I think it is steep, but just suggesting that realistically it's unlikely to have much effect on how many will go. I will say it again: I think £19 to stand in an uncovered end on concrete at Yeovil, with a far worse view, is much more of a rip-off.

If you look at from a Forest point view it makes sense.

To charge £15/£18 would attract far more City fans to the City Ground.The more fans the greater the stewarding/police costs and lets face it the greater risk of unrest.

By increasing the price to a whopping £26 Forest reduce the number of City fans attending but don't lose out very much on gate reciepts.

If we ever manage to get out of this craphole of a division, then £26 is going to be about average at the better Championship grounds, so hopefully we'll have to get used to it. :cool:

Paying that at a ground like Forest, with good facilities and a decent view doesn't bother me. It's paying £20 at places like Swindle that really annoys me.

I'm going to pay it but i was going with a 3 mates - 2 have pulled out not because they cant afford it but due to the fact they refuse to go on principle - This game will cost me about £100 after a few beers, travel, food etc - cant wait though!!

Archived