IGNORED

Boycott Swansea!

Barrs Court Red

Guest North Street

the clubs have no choice, either have the games policed or run the risk of huge fines when encountered with football related violence in the surrounding areas and city centres.

There was simply no need to use the ammount of Police resource that was in force in Cardiff on Saturday. By employing a bubble scenario, the charges could have been dramatically reduced.

Not sure about that at all as last season v Swansea the policing at the gate was on par with the above along with pubs being shut. Give them more, they will want more, tanks and id cards next.

Once again, this is a counter-productive decision. All that will happen is that more fans will go in the home end, as I and others did last year.

Yes well that is your choice to run the risk of voilence. However, I can understand your decision to do so but the club are only doing this to look after their fans. I don't really think the club would like all fans to go on the coach, as i would guess they realise less fans will make the trip. But if they let people go of their own free will, they will then be accused of being unaware of the dangers especially after previous successful trips.

Not sure about that at all as last season v Swansea the policing at the gate was on par with the above along with pubs being shut. Give them more, they will want more, tanks and id cards next.

I was at that game last season and I can only say that from what I saw, there was nowhere near the same ammount of Police presence at our game.

Once again, this is a counter-productive decision. All that will happen is that more fans will go in the home end, as I and others did last year.

I think it's worth the odd person going in the home end of the stadium where, unless a large group of away fans gather, it's no problem anyway.

Better the mix be 10 away and 15,000 home inside the secure environment of the ground than 2,000 and 15,000 mixing all around the stadium.

No real reason to go in the home end as coaches are doing pick ups and there are a good number of tickets for away support.

Guest North Street

I was at that game last season and I can only say that from what I saw, there was nowhere near the same ammount of Police presence at our game.

Bubble trips do not reduce police costs and the Swansea game despite the police being able to know exactly who was going to be present decided to close pubs and employ christ knows what ever it was meant to be.

There was no noticable decrease in policing for this game only a reverse with greater powers also being used.

Bubble trips do not reduce police costs and the Swansea game despite the police being able to know exactly who was going to be present decided to close pubs and employ christ knows what ever it was meant to be.

There was no noticable decrease in policing for this game only a reverse with greater powers also being used.

They reduce costs of any trouble caused before or after the game.

It also cuts out the cost of the added BTP presence required in Train Stations and on transit.

Guest North Street

They reduce costs of any trouble caused before or after the game.

It also cuts out the cost of the added BTP presence required in Train Stations and on transit.

The police btp or otherwise are still present at train stations, in reserve and on the route fans take. They do not reduce police bills.

Anyone buying coach tickets to this match is only encouraging this type of behaviour from the Police and football clubs.

We have moved on from the days where football fans were treated like cattle on trains, away from home. Unfortuantly it seems A&S police are still stuck in a timewarp.

This coach only scheme is an afront to all decent fans, and puts us on the presipice of a very very slippery slope indeed.

Not really! :blink: People buying the tickets(like me :sun: ) are doing so to support the team. Swansea is not an easy place to go, the more of us there, the more the players feel like their at home.

I think it's worth the odd person going in the home end of the stadium where, unless a large group of away fans gather, it's no problem anyway.

Absolutely. I was in the home end at Swansea last season leading the chants of 'we want Tinnion out!'

The police btp or otherwise are still present at train stations, in reserve and on the route fans take. They do not reduce police bills.

BTP are a very ltd part of the Police force, they have a very minimal budget. The majority of BTP officers in the south west region and south Wales are actually plainclothes officers, made up of DC and DS, extra policing is not required in numbers when a bubble game is imposed.

If extra policing is needed on a saturday for high profile matches, forces can be drafted in from neighboring districts, this is funded by a pot taken from the overtime budget, officers are payed this overtime in lieu and it can prove costly for the given forces budget. International and big stage games are a nightmare for the Cardiff constabulary, the rate of crime accross the city is escalated as the forces are already stretched to the max.

Bubble games cost less to police and are generally easier to plan as any trouble can be contained within a scheduled resource procedure.

Bubble games cost less to police and are generally easier to plan as any trouble can be contained within a scheduled resource procedure.

This isn't true. All cat's of games have a specific amount of Policemen that need to be on duty. You must of failed to notice the riot police on street corners for our matches Vs Cardiff and Swansea, not to mention the legions of them parked up all around the area.

Easier to plan perhaps, but it certainly does not effect the amount of police on duty.

The only reason they work is because the hoolie scene is so laid back now.

It is a shame the football specials are no longer used. The last time I can remember one was the Auto Windscreen game against Stoke when extra trains were laid on.

Guest North Street

BTP are a very ltd part of the Police force, they have a very minimal budget. The majority of BTP officers in the south west region and south Wales are actually plainclothes officers, made up of DC and DS, extra policing is not required in numbers when a bubble game is imposed.

If extra policing is needed on a saturday for high profile matches, forces can be drafted in from neighboring districts, this is funded by a pot taken from the overtime budget, officers are payed this overtime in lieu and it can prove costly for the given forces budget. International and big stage games are a nightmare for the Cardiff constabulary, the rate of crime accross the city is escalated as the forces are already stretched to the max.

Bubble trips at Ashton gate V Swansea and Cardif have seen more policing than comparative years versus the same clubs despite the restrictions with police operations esaclating. There is no reduction in costs.

This isn't true. All cat's of games have a specific amount of Policemen that need to be on duty. You must of failed to notice the riot police on street corners for our matches Vs Cardiff and Swansea, not to mention the legions of them parked up all around the area.

Easier to plan perhaps, but it certainly does not effect the amount of police on duty.

The only reason they work is because the hoolie scene is so laid back now.

It is a shame the football specials are no longer used. The last time I can remember one was the Auto Windscreen game against Stoke when extra trains were laid on.

An interesting point of view, where does your evidence come from, only asking as I am speaking from what I was told directly by somebody who works in footbal co-ordination for SW Police and that was last night.

Football Specials are still used in some instances. Some high profile games at Millwall have a football special two carriage train that is used in transporting certain elements from London Bridge to South Bermondsey overground station. In thios instance 3 seperate police forces are used. Metropolitan, City of London & BTP.

In Holland football specials are used all the time, I have winessed first hand what a bad idea these are. I have been in Amstel Station waiting for the Metro to the Biljmer (Ajax Arena) and seen Ajax F-side putting boulders and wood on the line, when the Football special (full of Feyenoord) is forced to stop, the Ajax mob were stoning it from every angle. In the past these trains have even been subject to petrol bomb attacks.

Luckily this kind of incident happens less regulary in the UK now.

I actually think it isn`t a bad idea. I was at the midweek game at Swansea a couple of years ago and it was a right mess. I am sure that that is the game where a pub got smashed up and a police dog got blinded due a boot inthe face.

This fixture along with a couple of others always create trouble so the last thing City need at the mo is more negative headlines

I actually think it isn`t a bad idea. I was at the midweek game at Swansea a couple of years ago and it was a right mess. I am sure that that is the game where a pub got smashed up and a police dog got blinded due a boot inthe face.

This fixture along with a couple of others always create trouble so the last thing City need at the mo is more negative headlines

Yeah it was the Potters Wheel.

As fan of football and a fan of Bristol City F.C, I am disappointed that high profile games like Swansea, Cardiff etc are becoming more and more sanitised and less atmospheric. However as you so correctly point out, this method of policing potential trouble works and avoids the potential of creating negative headlines and publicity for the club, this can only be positive.

I thought that the football clubs have to pay for the policing :Confused13:

Inside the Ground Only.

Pub got smashed up but the police dog was blinded in one eye by a glass.......thrown at City fans by Swansea fans.

Anyone buying coach tickets to this match is only encouraging this type of behaviour from the Police and football clubs.

We have moved on from the days where football fans were treated like cattle on trains, away from home. Unfortuantly it seems A&S police are still stuck in a timewarp.

This coach only scheme is an afront to all decent fans, and puts us on the presipice of a very very slippery slope indeed.

As an English Republican I'm totally ashamed of the actions of both the English and Welsh Royalist Gestapo Police in restricting the free movement of both BCFC and SCFC supporters. Under European Union legislation the restriction of free movement of citizens within the Europe Union is ILLEGAL !!!!!

The high priestess and Kommandant of the royalist Gestapo Police - Queen Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - is a German descended imposter Queen and if I had my way she'd be deported back to her German ancesteral homeland.

God Save Us from the Royalist Tyranny.

As an English Republican I'm totally ashamed of the actions of both the English and Welsh Royalist Gestapo Police in restricting the free movement of both BCFC and SCFC supporters. Under European Union legislation the restriction of free movement of citizens within the Europe Union is ILLEGAL !!!!!

Expressed in your customary sensationalist manner, RG, but absolutely CORRECT!!

Bristol City to A&S Police: "Bit concerned about the Swansea game, we'll take 2,000 and 50-100 of them will cause trouble".

A&S Police: "Easy. Make 'em be ferried in and out like pensioners on a Sunday outing - well, it is a Sunday. That way half won't come and the rest will reluctantly".

Ordinary law-abiding fan: "But we don't travel like that, we like to make a day of our away games. Stop somewhere a few miles from the ground, have a meal, pint or two of real ale, in a good old fashioned boozer. Standing-up for 2 hours inside the concourse of a concrete structure drinking John Smiths smooth and eating over-priced pasties aint our idea of fun".

A&S: "Eff off."

Bristol City: "Yeah. And don't forget, if you live in Cardiff, we wont make you start your journey from Ashton Gate this year!! There, sorted. A solution everyones happy with!".

Expressed in your customary sensationalist manner, RG, but absolutely CORRECT!!

Thank you NickJ. :D

Just another point: I'm no animal lover but you've got to wonder why the Police are doing nothing to stop fox-hunting. Fox-hunting is now illegal by Act of Parliament in this country and yet the Police still do nothing at all to stop the royalist toffs and snobs ripping foxes apart with packs of dogs. The Police would rather pick on us as football supporters by restricting our freedom of movement to away games rather than stop the toffs getting to their illegal fox hunting meets.

Many of the criminals that go fox-hunting I understand to be Magistrates, lawyers, judges and other assorted royalist low lifes of this country's corrupt judiciary. This fact stinks of corruption in high places - the Police in this country are no more than corrupt lackeys to the rich and powerful. :ranting:

God Save Us from the Royalist tyranny.

The high priestess and Kommandant of the royalist Gestapo Police - Queen Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - is a German descended imposter Queen and if I had my way she'd be deported back to her German ancesteral homeland.

God Save Us from the Royalist Tyranny.

Although I don't agrre with RG's outlandish republican views I was going to ask the same question. Do we have any solicitors / lawyers on this forum? Surely this is an infringement of human rights under European law?

Although I don't agrre with RG's outlandish republican views I was going to ask the same question. Do we have any solicitors / lawyers on this forum? Surely this is an infringement of human rights under European law?

There are a few lawyers that I know of that post on this forum. :D Perhaps one of them would like to explain the European Law with regard to freedom of movement with the European Union. :whistle::w00t:

How I understand the situation....

Within the European Union, residents are guaranteed the right to freely move within the European Union's internal borders by the European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC of 29 April 2004.

Guest MaloneFM

Within the European Union, residents are guaranteed the right to freely move within the European Union's internal borders by the European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC of 29 April 2004.

Is that everyone you old commie saucebox or just the ones with toffee knobs? Hmm?

Is that everyone you old commie saucebox or just the ones with toffee knobs? Hmm?

In answer to your question......I understand that your Queen - the German descended Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - would be forbidden from settling in modern Germany due to an anti-royalist clause in the German Republican constitution. :dance: The German Kaiser (German King) was exiled in Holland for this reason after WWI when the Weimar Republic was established. :D

Archived