IGNORED

Akinbiyi To Return?

city1uk

A caller on Radio Bristol phone in after the match thought the ideal player we should get in to support Brooker up front is Ade Akinbyi.

Not featuring at the moment at Sheffield, not even on the bench so could be available on loan.

What do you think? Return of the hero?

If not who.............

Derby were linked to him last week. Be interesting to see if we could sign him. Always put in 100 percente and just sort of player we need who would make a difference to the team. Bags of experience etc.

But that was seven years ago. Marcus Stewart was a class act seven years ago too..... I rest my case

But that was seven years ago. Marcus Stewart was a class act seven years ago too..... I rest my case

I disagree. I think Akinbiyi could bring alot to the club. Ive seen him play for us and watched him closely since he left us. His work rate is excellent and I'm sure he would be the right player for us. Unfortunately I can see him wanting to go to a championship club. Shame though he could still score alot of goals in this league.

Well his current club will be religated and we will be promoted so next season its a possibility, but thats waaaay to far in thre future to be considering bring prem players to league 1. Even if he's sat on the bench, he wont care, he would rather half a small chance to plat Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool etc.. that a 95% change to play Millwall, Cheltenham, Swansea etc...

If i was him there would be no *** way i would come back here, he would be mad.

utter cloud talk..

Derby were linked to him last week. Be interesting to see if we could sign him. Always put in 100 percente and just sort of player we need who would make a difference to the team. Bags of experience etc.

Frankly, it always amazed me how Akinbiyi scored so many goals for City and Wolves.Apart from pace he had nothing else.He had the first touch of a elephant and was truly exposed when in the Premieship with Leicester.

I would prefer to someone like Hayter move to AG.

A caller on Radio Bristol phone in after the match thought the ideal player we should get in to support Brooker up front is Ade Akinbyi.

Not featuring at the moment at Sheffield, not even on the bench so could be available on loan.

What do you think? Return of the hero?

If not who.............

akinbiyi! pah! there would be too far too many Championship clubs in front of us, before we had a chance to sign him..........even if we could afford him! which we can't while we still have the likes of stewart and parto on the pay roll

Frankly, it always amazed me how Akinbiyi scored so many goals for City and Wolves.Apart from pace he had nothing else.He had the first touch of a elephant and was truly exposed when in the Premieship with Leicester.

I would prefer to someone like Hayter move to AG.

Agree with you there, have we not learned our lesson from Bridges and Stewart about signing aging X prem players?

I would much prefer we invest in younger players who have not played at the top and maybe become a little "big time charlie" not saying the two players ive mentioned are, but a raw player would relish the oppertunity more and give 100% which is exactly the type of player GJ likes, look at the two Mc's we got, both quality.

I might fancy somone like Andrew Keogh if we go up and Scunny don't, would be worth investing a few bob in him.

Guest ashtonyate

Never go back it does not work,Stewart is still a class act now but thats water under the bridge.

What is wrong with having Brooks upfront with Showumni/Jevons?

Brooker is injured and we don't have a player of his type to replace him. We have been lacking a physical player up front and as Brooker hasnt been fit for most of the season (or able to play) we need to have adequate cover for him.

Guest SarahB

Nothing if Jevons shows a bit more commitment to the cause.

Personally i prefer Showumni and Brooks.

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Jevons frustrates me because ive seen what he can do he ran his socks off at Bournemouth and he was brilliant i don't understand why he doesn't show that kind of commitment every week.

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Jevons frustrates me because ive seen what he can do he ran his socks off at Bournemouth and he was brilliant i don't understand why he doesn't show that kind of commitment every week.

I don't think you can knock his committment its just that he hasnt fund a favoured strike partner yet. With Brooker being in and out of the side Enoch being injured and Jennison being inexperienced he has had an unsettled time upfront. I'm sure he will find his feet soon hes scored 5 goals already this season. :)

Guest SarahB

I don't think you can knock his committment its just that he hasnt fund a favoured strike partner yet. With Brooker being in and out of the side Enoch being injured and Jennison being inexperienced he has had an unsettled time upfront. I'm sure he will find his feet soon hes scored 5 goals already this season. :)

As i said i have seen what he can do and thats why i get so frustrated with him. Personally i would prefer Brooks and Showumni up front but if Brooks and Jevo works then brilliant!! I'm really hoping Brooks is back for the Crewe game as we really need him. He is back in light training now so thats good.

I don't think committment and effort is to do with strike partners! Strike partners obviously make the team work yes, but commitment is individual, and that where he lacks, iMO.

I'm not sure Louis Carey would agree, but perhaps he's the exception

HE must be the only player I can remember in my time of watching city that has been the best thing to return to our club. Without his experience we would be an average defence. Players like FOntaine and Keogh and Orr will learn alot from him, like he learnt from Shaun Taylor. :)

Archived