IGNORED

Foul Language Chanting At Brentford

alanpayne

Took my 9 year old to his first ever away game at Brentford on Saturday.

Now let me first say I'm no prude and openly admit I come out with the odd swear word from time to time, usually in frustration (like tonight when I saw the Sky Sports highlight of the City game and it clearly showed Heywood handled Scuse shot!).

Now on to my point. While the City fans were generally well behaved at Brentford I did feel embarassed by he use of the "f" word in some of the chanting. My lad (sat in the stand) just looked on in some astonishment. He really enjoyed joining in the chanting of the other songs and loved the new Showmanie chant - he's been singing it all weekend!

Is it just me or do the majority of us want to be part of a club/supporters we can be proud of. The club set a great example on Saturday by Louis and Liam sitting in the back of the stands with the fams.

What do you all feel.

Now let me first say I'm no prude and openly admit I come out with the odd swear word from time to time, usually in frustration (like tonight when I saw the Sky Sports highlight of the City game and it clearly showed Heywood handled Scuse shot!).

Now on to my point. While the City fans were generally well behaved at Brentford I did feel embarassed by he use of the "f" word in some of the chanting. My lad (sat in the stand) just looked on in some astonishment. He really enjoyed joining in the chanting of the other songs and loved the new Showmanie chant - he's been singing it all weekend!

Is it just me or do the majority of us want to be part of a club/supporters we can be proud of. The club set a great example on Saturday by Louis and Liam sitting in the back of the stands with the fams.

What do you all feel.

I reckon your fishing!!!

I don't think swearing at a football match will or should be stopped. It's not doing anyone any harm, it's not normally done aggressively, and there's no reason a kid will think swearing's OK just because they hear it at a game.

I heard people shouting F's and C's at football when I was 9 younger and it didn't make me think I wouldn't get a clip round the ear for repeating it in front of my old man.

Guest North Street

What do you all feel.

Sorry Mate but he will hear so much worse if actually plays and some of it will directed at him.

What sort of Son do you want?

Swearing in football ruins the matchday experiance for so many of us.

I demand the club remove all these swearing types to the east end where they can no longer spoil things with disgusting profanity.

Yeah put all the low life, swearing,standing,drinking, smoking, singing fanatic :city: in there PLEASE

I demand the club remove all these swearing types to the east end where they can no longer spoil things with disgusting profanity.

Banish the lot of us 'swearing types' to the East End from whence the whole of Bristol will hear our delightful chants on matchdays. :dance:

I don't mind the swearing at all, but IRA Songs, chants about "your just a small town of bombers" and "smell my fingers" cuts it a bit fine!

Pardon my ignorance but what does being a fan of BCFC and chanting IRA propaganda have in common :dunno:

What do you all feel.

Don't worry , it's the pantomine season soon , perhaps you can take him there :innocent06:

What do you all feel.

I'm taking my 5 year old to her first game on saturday & ive made sure she knows all the words to my old man!

I agree, if only it was that simple. There must be some kind of petition we could sighn.

Archived