IGNORED

Contracts

foghornred

:Confused13: News that Scott Brown's contract is up at the end of the season has alerted several championship clubs, but Gary Johnson says that there are a few players out of contract at the end of the season and they will be discussing contracts at the right time.

The questions that I have are which players are out of contract and when is the right time to discuss contracts with agents touting their players about ?

I believe Murray and Russell's contracts are up for renewel, and at 33 they may not get one. Woodman may have a year to go, and the new 7 Academy pro's were all given a 1 year contract. That would include Myrie-Williams. Brown is also due for renewal. Could be more, but thats a rough stab at it.

I believe Murray and Russell's contracts are up for renewel, and at 33 they may not get one. Woodman may have a year to go, and the new 7 Academy pro's were all given a 1 year contract. That would include Myrie-Williams. Brown is also due for renewal. Could be more, but thats a rough stab at it.

Williams Wilson & Artus where given three years Wring Lamb & Bennyon where given one year this was on the main site

Keogh is up at the end of the season as well as Brown

You might be right about Woodman actually, he might have signed a 2 yr extension.

Basso's is definitely up this year and as you say so is Russell.

Williams is on 3 years, I think most or some of the other grads are too.

Might be best to concentrate on this season for now rather than worry about the summer.

Unfortunately if we do that we might see Scott Brown walk out on a free in the summer. we need to think ahead on some players but leave it later for others. I think that most of the players can wait until the summer but Brown and Myrie-Williams ashould probably be extended before. I haven't seen the other young players enough to know whether we need to worry about tying them down sooner or later.

:Confused13: News that Scott Brown's contract is up at the end of the season has alerted several championship clubs, but Gary Johnson says that there are a few players out of contract at the end of the season and they will be discussing contracts at the right time.

The questions that I have are which players are out of contract and when is the right time to discuss contracts with agents touting their players about ?

I would think that it would be of benefit to all parties to know - or at least have a good idea - of what division City will be in next season before any contract negociations take place.

I would think that it would be of benefit to all parties to know - or at least have a good idea - of what division City will be in next season before any contract negociations take place.

I think that would be an extremely naive way of leaving the contract negotiations. Surely it would be better to negotiate now with an offer "If we are in League 1 next season you get £x pounds per week. If we are in Championship you get £x+500 pounds per week."

It's not rocket science is it? :dunno:

I think that would be an extremely naive way of leaving the contract negotiations. Surely it would be better to negotiate now with an offer "If we are in League 1 next season you get £x pounds per week. If we are in Championship you get £x+500 pounds per week."

It's not rocket science is it? :dunno:

Its not quite as simple as that.I'll bet the players are on a decent enough bonus for getting promoted in the first place.

Johnson won't know yet which area's he might need to strengthen in if City go up.Therefore he won't be sure about who to retain.Bear in mind we are only just over a quarter way through' the season and so its far too early to be making those decisions.Plus Johnson hasn't manged in the Championship yet and therefore won't have had the exposure to the quality of play in that division.If it looks as if City will go up you can bet Johnson will taking himself off to lots of Championship matches.

:city: Louis Carey's contract is up at the end of this season and so far he is my player of the season and someone that we really don't want to go as he is a championship player playing in the 1st division.

Agree totally with that, he's been different class this year.

However, i don't think that he'll leave the club whatever happens. he's obviously very happy here as a senior pro, and he's had a trip to another club which didn't work out for him! We need to tie him up, but he wont be wanting to go anywhere.

Archived