IGNORED

Peterborough Utd

EmersonsKev

Thats quite a lot for him, being a league 2 player. But there owner has the money to fund it though, as i heard that he's worth 3 quaters of a billion. The new owner has shown some ambition of what he wants to do with them, as on the anglia news out here when he bought them said he's going to build a 25k stadium, and wants to get them into the championship and beyond in 7 seasons. So i spose spending a million on 1 player would be the start of him implementing his plan to get them out the basement.

Peterboro..........yes, P'Boro, have a £1m bid REJECTED by MK Dons for Izale McCleod.

New owner obviously wasn't kidding when he said he had a few bob!

MK Dons new stadium is coming on a treat........you never know, they might actually be able to get away fans into this one :whistle: and they can't be to skint to turn down a million, albeit they'd have to give Derby about 300k of that! :o

Thats quite a lot for him, being a league 2 player. But there owner has the money to fund it though, as i heard that he's worth 3 quaters of a billion. The new owner has shown some ambition of what he wants to do with them, as on the anglia news out here when he bought them said he's going to build a 25k stadium, and wants to get them into the championship and beyond in 7 seasons. So i spose spending a million on 1 player would be the start of him implementing his plan to get them out the basement.

seems a waste of money to me. they've got a 15k stadium now but are only getting 4k fans at the mo

seems a waste of money to me. they've got a 15k stadium now but are only getting 4k fans at the mo

But the football dished up by them in league 2 is fairly crap. i saw them away at boston 1st away game they had, as went with my dad a posh fan as neither of us been there before. And they got lucky that day. But if they were to get up the leagues and build a decent side then they would be able to pull quite a lot of fans, as theres not any other sides for 60 miles all around, 70-80 to london, probably that to norwich and ipswich, and about 60 ish i spose to midlans sides so is quite a catchment area if they had a team in the championship looking like promotion material for the prem. If that did happen then there would be a lot of local cling on fans that would go watch them, like in my school living in huntingdon 15 miles from p'boro so kids in secondary school get the train to go watch them and there the ones that support the chelseas, liverpool, man utd's, arsenal's. there'd then go more regularly aswell if they were higher up. so from 4 or 5k it would steadily increase.

But the football dished up by them in league 2 is fairly crap. i saw them away at boston 1st away game they had, as went with my dad a posh fan as neither of us been there before. And they got lucky that day. But if they were to get up the leagues and build a decent side then they would be able to pull quite a lot of fans, as theres not any other sides for 60 miles all around, 70-80 to london, probably that to norwich and ipswich, and about 60 ish i spose to midlans sides so is quite a catchment area if they had a team in the championship looking like promotion material for the prem. If that did happen then there would be a lot of local cling on fans that would go watch them, like in my school living in huntingdon 15 miles from p'boro so kids in secondary school get the train to go watch them and there the ones that support the chelseas, liverpool, man utd's, arsenal's. there'd then go more regularly aswell if they were higher up. so from 4 or 5k it would steadily increase.

Leicester, Northampton and Luton are all less than 60 miles from Peterborough and bigger clubs, and those are just off the top of my head there might be another.

Peterborough aren't anywhere near as big as clubs like Bolton, Fulham, Blackburn etc who struggle to sell out despite their large catchment area, they are only a little bit of a bigger club than Wigan plus the catchment area for Peterborough is a bit more sparcely populated than the area around Wigan. Look at what a waste Wigans big ground is, they don't come close to filling their ground against the likes of Man U or Chelsea.

Archived