IGNORED

Situations Vacant.

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Position: Goalscorer (Temporary, with a possibility of permanent employment)

Salary: Negotiable - Commensurate with experience

The position has arisen as a matter of urgency, to cover unexpected sick leave of a senior team member, there maybe an opportunity to earn a lucrative long term contract.

The applicant should have several years proven experience of scoring goals. A can do attitude is a must and the applicant should also be a good team player, who will improve the curent team. Ideally you will have a checkable career record of 20 goals a season, with a knack of nicking the important goals, that mean the difference between a loss and a draw.

You will become part of a team that is on the up, the current team members are committed and effective in their roles, you will take on responsibility for encouraging the younger team members and provide the missing cutting edge.

There is an element of travel involved in the role, at the moment the business operates in England and Wales, but the company vision is to expand and break into Europe.

You will be directly responsible to the Manager and must be willing to give 100% effort as we are in a results driven business, with a loyal, but demanding customer base.

You should be available to start employment with us immediately.

Please apply to:

Mr Gary Johnson

Club Manager

Bristol City Football Club

Ashton Gate

Bristol

BS3 2EJ

Tel: 0117 963 0630

Previous applicants (Marcus Stewart and Bas Savage) need not apply.

Position: Goalscorer (Temporary, with a possibility of permanent employment)

Salary: Negotiable

The position has arisen as a matter of urgency to cover unexpected sick leave of a senior team member, there maybe an opportunity to earn a lucrative long term contract.

The applicant should have several years proven experience of scoring goals. A can do attitude is a must and the applicant should also be a good team player, who will improve the curent team. Ideally you will have a checkable career record of 20 goals a season, with a nack of nicking the important goals, that mean the difference between a loss and a draw.

You will become part of a team that is on the up, the current team members are committed and effective in their roles, you will take on responsibility for encouaging the younger team members and provide the missing cutting edge.

There is an element of travel involved in the role, at the moment the business operate in England and Wales, but the company vision is to expand and break into Europe.

You will be directly responsible to the Manager and must be willing to give 100% effort as we are in a results driven business, with a loyal but demanding customer base.

Please apply to:

Mr Gary Johnson

Club Manager

Bristol City Football Club

Ashton Gate

Bristol

BS3 2EJ

Previous applicants (Marcus Stewart and Bas Savage) need not apply.

Excellent Chris, and exactly what most sensible City supporters should be thinking.

What was missing today was a quality finisher and replacing your leading (but ineffective) striker, with a centre-half, demonstrated both our desperation to rescue the match, and illustrate that we're stretched to breaking point.

Other factors were a bench bereft of strikers and too few shots to test Forest's custodian Smith.

We deserved a point, but all our great approach play counts for nothing without goals.

• Admin
I know its not as simple as this..

But come on, why don't we just buy someone good?

We've taken £2 MILLION for Cotterill, we can pick up someone good for a tenth of that!

:disapointed2se:

Finding someone is the hard bit, they have to be good enough, they have to fit in with the dressing room and they have to contribute to our continual improvement.

Not an easy task is it, I don't envy GJ in having to find someone.

My main concern is that the season Scott Murray was playing out of his skin - he got injured and we missed out on promotion, now some won't agree, but the same thing happened when Aaron Brown broke hs leg, we again missed out.

I hope that Brookers (and Showunmi's) continued absence doesn't contribute to us missing out once again. It's nice to see goals from all over the field, but consistently successful teams have at least one, if not two 15+ a season strikers.

Excellent Chris, and exactly what most sensible City supporters should be thinking.

What was missing today was a quality finisher and replacing your leading (but ineffective) striker, with a centre-half, demonstrated both our desperation to rescue the match, and illustrate that we're stretched to breaking point.

Other factors were a bench bereft of strikers and too few shots to test Forest's custodian Smith.

We deserved a point, but all our great approach play counts for nothing without goals.

Couldn't agree more - lack of goals and desperation substitutions will not get us auto promotion - Yeovil above us now - even though we have supposedly taken their top manager, top players and top back room staff. If I was a Yeovil supporter I think I would be having a good laugh !

Sad really aren't you !

I'm sad we lost............unlike yourself, who obviously couldn't wait to get on here for the first time in a while and berate so called 'happy clappers'. I think probably most of us would agree that we could do with extra fire-power and I wouldn't be surprised if players are being scouted as we speak.

Anyway, all the best 'manic depressive clapper'.

I'm sad we lost............unlike yourself, who obviously couldn't wait to get on here for the first time in a while and berate so called 'happy clappers'. I think probably most of us would agree that we could do with extra fire-power and I wouldn't be surprised if players are being scouted as we speak.

well said that man!..........some people have just been waiting for us to lose again so they can moan and complain.

well said,

it's a shame that we lost today due to an unlucky result, however we were playing top the league team who have spent alot of money in the last year and always looked like doing well this season.

still, people such as Rod12 like a bitch

well said,

it's a shame that we lost today due to an unlucky result, however we were playing top the league team who have spent alot of money in the last year and always looked like doing well this season.

still, people such as Rod12 like a bitch

Pray tell - why unlucky ?

Sad really aren't you !

You predicted mid table mediocraty and seem to be in someway happy that we've lost for the first time in 11 games.

You've been very quiet during this run and now choose this moment to break your silence.

You have also broken your vow never to post again.

We probably do need a striker, But we certainly don't need (as i'm sure you're inferring) Stewart.

You seem very interested in Yeovil, I can give you directions.

You predicted mid table mediocraty and seem to be in someway happy that we've lost for the first time in 11 games.

You've been very quiet during this run and now choose this moment to break your silence.

We probably do need a striker, But we certainly don't need (as i'm sure you're inferring) Stewart.

Nope - agree we don't need Stewart - just need someone to score goals !

Could we not make that legally binding next time?????? Sod directions i'll pay for a taxi....!!!

Hey, leave the guy alone. He's entitled to his opinion, just like BehindGary.

Both appear to be from the opposite sides of the spectrum, but life would be very dull if we all agreed on everything.

There would also be world peace.

Cant you comprehend that in an argument, one of the parties is invariably wrong!

This time its Rod...

There would also be world peace.

Cant you comprehend that in an argument, one of the parties is invariably wrong!

This time its Rod...

Of course I can understand that, not being stupid and all. Of course 'wrong' is often a subjective thing...

But there's arguing with someone to make your point and then there's telling someone to leave the forum because your view doesn't align with there's.

Worlds apart - can you comprehend that?

Of course I can understand that, not being stupid and all. Of course 'wrong' is often a subjective thing...

But there's arguing with someone to make your point and then there's telling someone to leave the forum because your view doesn't align with there's.

Worlds apart - can you comprehend that?

HUMBUG

The trouble is mate, He seems to be enjoying it and he wants us to fail to prove he was right all along, 1 defeat in 11 games for chrissakes.

Perhaps he's getting into character for his christmas panto as Scrooge.

HUMBUG

The trouble is mate, He seems to be enjoying it and he wants us to fail to prove he was right all along, 1 defeat in 11 games for chrissakes.

Perhaps he's getting into character for his christmas panto as Scrooge.

Fine. He does seem like a 'glass is completely empty' sort of bloke to me and I don't agree with him on many many things, but why not pick apart his view and debate it?

Telling him to leave the forum surely can never be justified unless he's abusive?

Fine. He does seem like a 'glass is completely empty' sort of bloke to me and I don't agree with him on many many things, but why not pick apart his view and debate it?

Telling him to leave the forum surely can never be justified unless he's abusive?

Hi - that is this board I am afraid !

The reason why I went so long without posting.

I can sensibly debate results, team selection, substitutions, strength of squad, lack of signings and I have played the game at a much higher level than most on this board ( not that it gives me a God given right to be superior ) but you will find that if you disagree with another poster then they will usually resort to personal abuse.

Some - like Arnie and Red Till Dead - will always take a balanced view but most won't.

I just find it interesting to hear their views - a bit like The Sun being the most popular daily newspaper really - speaks volumes for the IQ of the masses - but again that doesn't make them wrong or right just a bit different !

I think GJ has done 90% of a wonderful job - it is the last 10% that bothers me - but we will see !!

The position has arisen as a matter of urgency,

Nice advert chris, but I thought you said it wasn't your job to find someone! :nana:

I do think you should include a clause stating that an excellent record of (non) sickness/injury is a must as we don't have anymore treatment tables available?

i wonder who will apply? :rolleyes:

Carl Asaba is still free why don't we go for him worth a months trial with is surely if hes unattached?

Now that is the best shout I have heard in a while. If he is fit, perfect. Maybe past his best but a perfect cover man for a few months and if he does well, even longer. Maybe a pay as you play deal or something.

Nice advert chris, but I thought you said it wasn't your job to find someone! :nana:

I do think you should include a clause stating that an excellent record of (non) sickness/injury is a must as we don't have anymore treatment tables available?

i wonder who will apply? :rolleyes:

Its not easy getting players in on loan of the calabre we are looking for. Take Tranmere for example they tried to get Shipperley on loan the other week but could not sign him. Theres no players available in the championship who I can think of that would be prolific infront of goal and if there was it would cost us big bucks. The only other options are youngsters from the premiership or lower leagues which will probably be a player who has come back from injury. I think Johnson has looked around but wont just get any player in he wants the RIGHT player. The main problem nowadays is that clubs run on smaller squads in the leagues and they don't want to loan players out for fear of players getting injured. An unattached or inexperienced squad player is our only hope. Something needs to be done asap though before we get any more injuries/suspensions.

Now that is the best shout I have heard in a while. If he is fit, perfect. Maybe past his best but a perfect cover man for a few months and if he does well, even longer. Maybe a pay as you play deal or something.

I have mentioned him before Pete. Asaba was released by Millwall in the summer and hasnt had a club since. Yeovil expressed an interest in him about 6 weeks ago, as did Derby and then the next think I heard he was training with Leicester. A powerful aeriel player who imo would fit the Brooker mould perfectly. Hes played in the lower leagues probably having his best days at Brentford but he could do a job for us. Worth a try?

Its not easy getting players in on loan of the calabre we are looking for. Take Tranmere for example they tried to get Shipperley on loan the other week but could not sign him. Theres no players available in the championship who I can think of that would be prolific infront of goal and if there was it would cost us big bucks. The only other options are youngsters from the premiership or lower leagues which will probably be a player who has come back from injury. I think Johnson has looked around but wont just get any player in he wants the RIGHT player. The main problem nowadays is that clubs run on smaller squads in the leagues and they don't want to loan players out for fear of players getting injured. An unattached or inexperienced squad player is our only hope. Something needs to be done asap though before we get any more injuries/suspensions.

You're right of course. We want what everyone else wants, goalscorers win games and once a club has one they want the benefit.

I agree it will be hard to get a prooven goalscorer who is willing to go on loan and his club to let him go. I'm not going to start another 'you know who' debate, but Yeovil have managed it! I also know it has to be the right player, personnel wise. Maybe someone elses 'misplaced' player could benefit us?

GJ said a while back he wouldn't bring anyone for the sake of it as it would be hard to keep everyone happy, we knew this from Heffernan/Miller for instance. I believe today though that we needed something more than Jevons/JMW could offer and it cost us points. Surely the arrival of fresh blood would focus our strikers, like wright did for Murray, as everyone needs competition for places.

You're right of course. We want what everyone else wants, goalscorers win games and once a club has one they want the benefit.

I agree it will be hard to get a prooven goalscorer who is willing to go on loan and his club to let him go. I'm not going to start another 'you know who' debate, but Yeovil have managed it! I also know it has to be the right player, personnel wise. Maybe someone elses 'misplaced' player could benefit us?

GJ said a while back he wouldn't bring anyone for the sake of it as it would be hard to keep everyone happy, we knew this from Heffernan/Miller for instance. I believe today though that we needed something more than Jevons/JMW could offer and it cost us points. Surely the arrival of fresh blood would focus our strikers, like wright did for Murray, as everyone needs competition for places.

I know it is not a popular one, but I really think a loan until January for Leon Knight would not be such a risk. If it does not work, send him back. I am sure Swansea want him playing and scoring to attract buyers for him.

He is not the physical striker I think we need, but one thing he will bring is the killer instinct and the Holy Grail - goals.

I do understand why a lot of people do not want him, having said all that.

Archived