IGNORED

Situations Vacant.

Maesknoll Red

I know it is not a popular one, but I really think a loan until January for Leon Knight would not be such a risk. If it does not work, send him back. I am sure Swansea want him playing and scoring to attract buyers for him.

He is not the physical striker I think we need, but one thing he will bring is the killer instinct and the Holy Grail - goals.

I do understand why a lot of people do not want him, having said all that.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of that little idiot playing in red and white. To be honest I don't think he would want to play for us for fear of being hated!! Think we need a player of aeriel strength. What worries me is next week we are home to Donny and who plays for them 2 x city players McGammon and Heffernon. Now if we had heffs now :whistle:

Couldn't agree more - lack of goals and desperation substitutions will not get us auto promotion - Yeovil above us now - even though we have supposedly taken their top manager, top players and top back room staff. If I was a Yeovil supporter I think I would be having a good laugh !

Hi - that is this board I am afraid !

The reason why I went so long without posting.

I can sensibly debate results, team selection, substitutions, strength of squad, lack of signings ............

I think GJ has done 90% of a wonderful job - it is the last 10% that bothers me - but we will see !!

The problem I have Rod is that invariably you seem to need to post in the manner of your first quote which comes across as a bit on the 'schneidy' side and not sounding very much like you support the team. Nobody else seems to have found the need to do that whilst agreeing that we need more fire-power and the sentiments in the last sentence in your second post don't seem to be consistent with the words you have used in your first post.

I know it is not a popular one, but I really think a loan until January for Leon Knight would not be such a risk. If it does not work, send him back. I am sure Swansea want him playing and scoring to attract buyers for him.

He is not the physical striker I think we need, but one thing he will bring is the killer instinct and the Holy Grail - goals.

I do understand why a lot of people do not want him, having said all that.

Definately not popular but he may well have scored today. Despite our dominance in the second half we didn't really create many chances. It was crying out for Brooker to pick up the ball on the edge of the area, make a half yard of space and drill it into the corner - his trademark goal. I can't see anything changing in the near future though. :(

I'm not sure if I like the idea of that little idiot playing in red and white. To be honest I don't think he would want to play for us for fear of being hated!! Think we need a player of aeriel strength. What worries me is next week we are home to Donny and who plays for them 2 x city players McGammon and Heffernon. Now if we had heffs now :whistle:

Fair points, its just going to be hard to get a goalscorer, not many around that we could get/afford.

Everyone seems to agree we need someone in, I just hope Gary agrees and acts on it. We just need a striker on the bench. Even if the player does not work out, one would hope that it would still put pressure on the current strikers to perform and keep their place.

God, I miss that.

:pinch:

More importantly our club do!!!!!

The two lads up front at the mo have no chance against a decent back 4.

We must get someone in, if Brooker and Shuui, aint fit.

Were going to drop points, simple as that.

Members on here say theres no one decent avalible, but there must be.

I think GJ is relying to heavily on the 4 players in the squad who play up front, and a new face will be healthy.

Sorry to say it again, but you just WONT get 25 games a season out of S Brooker and that really could stop our quest for promotion

• Admin

Nice advert chris, but I thought you said it wasn't your job to find someone! :nana:

I do think you should include a clause stating that an excellent record of (non) sickness/injury is a must as we don't have anymore treatment tables available?

i wonder who will apply? :rolleyes:

Yep, the excellent (non) sickness/injury record would be a prerequisite.

I really don't have an answer as to who we could find - perhaps there is a striking equivalent of Fontaine waiting in the wings of a Premiership club, I'd take a player on loan that could make the impression he did last season.

I certainly don't envy GJ in his current dilema, it isn't going to be easy to find the right player, but even if Brooker returned to full training this week, it would still be a couple or three weeks before he got anywhere near match fit/sharp, so IMO, some striking cover is essential if we're not to lose points for the lack of a forward scoring.

We just need an experienced pro to ease the load on young JMW, it's a big ask for a young first season pro to provide the sole support for a striking partner who isn't on top form, especially for the full 90 minutes week in week out

• Admin

Of course I can understand that, not being stupid and all. Of course 'wrong' is often a subjective thing...

But there's arguing with someone to make your point and then there's telling someone to leave the forum because your view doesn't align with there's.

Worlds apart - can you comprehend that?

I agree wholeheartedly.

This place would be extremely boring if we all agreed all of the time.

As it happens I rarely (if ever) agree with rod12 but I have enjoyed the times we have "crossed swords" as it gives you a chance to argue your case as opposed to just having to reply "I agree" all the time.

As far as I'm concerned rod12 is a welcome returnee, though it would be nice if he was around to give credit during the good times as well as the bad ;)

Archived